2018 Subaru Crosstrek Review - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2018 Subaru Crosstrek Review

Quote:
Thereís something to be said about making do with what youíve got.

Whether itís turning lemons into lemonade or using a wrench to hammer some nails, getting that end result is the ultimate goal. And when youíre at a disadvantage or have limitations to deal with, you have to be clever to deliver.

And while the new 2018 Subaru Crosstrek isnít handicapped in any way, it still packs a 2.0-liter four-cylinder boxer engine with 152 horsepower and 145 pound-feet of torque. Itís a perfectly adequate engine for everyday commuting, but when youíre sitting at the bottom of a 72 percent grade uphill climb, a few doubts will creep into your mind.
Read more about the 2018 Subaru Crosstrek Review at AutoGuide.com.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 04:37 PM

Car: 2017 Outback Premium, silver
Puzzled why they don't offer the Forester 2.0 turbo, as there's no way I'd look at this with the basic 2.

Lives on Long Island, NY
Works in Brooklyn, NY
Avid cyclist.

Past:
'01 Forester
'03 Outback
'11 Forester

Current:
'11 Impreza Outback Sport
'17 Outback Premium
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 04:39 PM

Car: 2015 Outback LTD 2.5
We picked up our 2018 Crosstrek Ltd. last week and can report that it's very impressive............actually slightly more quiet than my 2015 Outback LTD so I expect the 2019 Outback (Gen 6) will be even more impressive as built on the new platform......I'm glad that I have the larger seats in my Outback due to my height BUT, otherwise, I'm sort of envious.

The interior quality is MUCH more obvious than the 2014-2017 models and the ride is supple to the point where it also is almost equal to my Outback........btw, the head unit sounds MUCH better than the HK in my Limited car.........much better response to inputs, instantaneous compared to my car's even though I got NAV............my only mistake was to not get Eyesight.........but I'll remedy that when I trade up to the Gen 6 model.

Only have several hundred miles on her so far BUT, at this point, we love the car. It portends great things for the other Subaru cars that move to the new architecture.......

Steve
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
Sidenote for @toysbyus : 6th Gen Outback with be a 2020 model.

Back on topic:
I wants one a lot, it looks like a very nice improvement over the 1st gen Crosstrek. But I REALLY like not having a car payment.

Rather torn between a Gen 3 or a Crosstrek to replace whatever vehicle gives up first.

Have you considered the Google search bar at the top of the forum?

2002 Outback wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean no more: "Mal" 134,000 and counting.
Cloth interior swap. HIR1 high beam upgrade. Yellow Lamin-X fog light film.

2006 Outback 2.5i wagon: "Professor Sprout" 96,000 and counting.
HIR1 high beam upgrade.

Rust in Peace:
"Solstice" 1996 Outback wagon, totaled at 115K.
"Kaylee" 2003 Outback wagon, sold at 167K.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 04:27 AM

Nice review toysbyus, thanks. I'm not thinking of expanding my lease any soon, but my buddy from spam got really fired up to get this model. I'll ask him for a test drive when he gets and I'll post some feedback as well.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shax View Post
Nice review toysbyus, thanks. I'm not thinking of expanding my lease any soon, but my buddy from spam got really fired up to get this model. I'll ask him for a test drive when he gets and I'll post some feedback as well.
When will you stop being a troll for this leasing company? Do you get paid by the post?

"Another Brick In The Wall", PF 1979
"Happiness Is A Warm Gun", Beatles 1968
"The Rubber Banned Man",Spinners 1976
2011 SS Camaro
1984 Corvette
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 07:18 PM

Car: 2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
Looking at getting rid of our 16 RAV...down to two choices...this and the yet to be released CX5 Diesel. I am now driving almost 200km a day for work and the OB mileage is decent but I want better. After the mileage we got with the old TDI...temptation for another oil burner here is huge! Time to do a little research...

You can't buy happiness but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.

The human soul, in some ways like good helium, expands to whatever environment it has. Or conversely sinks to whatever ditch it is offered. That's where the real battles are waged-and waged continually. David Adams Richards

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 07:25 PM
ghp

Car: 2010/2016 outback
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydoo2 View Post
Looking at getting rid of our 16 RAV...down to two choices...this and the yet to be released CX5 Diesel. I am now driving almost 200km a day for work and the OB mileage is decent but I want better. After the mileage we got with the old TDI...temptation for another oil burner here is huge! Time to do a little research...
Drive the CT you will very surprised how refined it is on the new SGP
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 07:37 PM

Car: 2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghp View Post
Drive the CT you will very surprised how refined it is on the new SGP
I plan on it...have sat in the new CT but it was a base model standard...sales guy will call me when they get an auto in...

You can't buy happiness but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.

The human soul, in some ways like good helium, expands to whatever environment it has. Or conversely sinks to whatever ditch it is offered. That's where the real battles are waged-and waged continually. David Adams Richards

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 12:06 AM

what is the comparison to vw golf alltrack with crosstrek?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: