2019 Subaru Ascent Priced From a Reasonable $31,995 in the US - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 07:41 PM

Car: 2015 2.5i Limited Forester (3rd Subie)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainadk View Post
You forgot Option 3: If you want to be an early-adopter-guinea-pig and spend over $30,000 on a vehicle with no proven history, get an Outback and wait three years for the Ascent to mature.
Option 3 doesn't exist for him, apparently, though.

Oh, and if you're getting a limited, it's over $40,000.

But ... MSRP on a new Highlander or Pilot with comparable equipment is over $48,000, an MDX is over $57,000, an RX350L is $57,000, and a new Q7 is $62,000 to $75,000. So ... a Limited Ascent that's an OP23 is $43,000, without the roof and nav is $40,000. Think we won't be sold out of our cars for quite a while before supply meets demand?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wagon & a 2.5 Limited Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Abrams View Post
Option 3 doesn't exist for him, apparently, though.

Oh, and if you're getting a limited, it's over $40,000.

But ... MSRP on a new Highlander or Pilot with comparable equipment is over $48,000, an MDX is over $57,000, an RX350L is $57,000, and a new Q7 is $62,000 to $75,000. So ... a Limited Ascent that's an OP23 is $43,000, without the roof and nav is $40,000. Think we won't be sold out of our cars for quite a while before supply meets demand?
did you get a ETA on your new beauty? ...which one is it?

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans, scroll down to "your car":
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 07:47 PM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i
Garage
LOL, I would never say cupholders are the _most_ important feature, but they sure are nice.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 12:04 AM

Car: 2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
If you look at the touring trim packages of the Outback and the Ascent it is about a $4K difference.

Right now I am sitting on the fence between a '19 Outback or a '19 Ascent. I am really liking the idea of the 2.4 turbo in the Ascent for the fuel economy and torque numbers. Most assuredly the turbo 2.4 will end up in the next gen Outback in '20 but I cannot wait for another year before buying a new car.

I do not need three rows of seating, nor do I want the additional +1000 pounds of weight that the Ascent brings along.. Also; 19 cupholders? Someone must of been really desperate to think that should be a leading sales point.

No matter how hard I work to get excited about the Ascent I still find myself drawn back to the Outback. I owned an older model many years ago and it was a good car.

There will be times that I take it off of paved roads as I like to car-camp in out of the way places. The Outback is nice in that it has just enough room to make it tolerable if I do not want to pitch a tent.

I do not want an Ascent if it is nothing more than a soccer-mom SUV with a Subaru badge. We have not seen anything coming out of Subaru USA that gives us some comparisons to the capabilities against the Outback.

Sure, the Ascent will have a certain sales demographic where Subaru will be wanting to draw away customers from other manufacturers. I believe that its most loyal following will be from people who have already owned the Subaru brand but just want a bit more room. Right now they are not making that compelling case.

------------------
Not every model is a winner; we have not forgotten the Tribeca.

Greetings from the leading factory authorized interocitor service center of the Milky Way galaxy for the last three millennia. If you are in the Orion arm stop by to see the latest models. Now with interdimensional mutate capabilities!

Sol system, third primary planet. (Excuse our mess! Just ignore the bipedal life forms, their extinction is under way).
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 02:34 PM

Car: 2012 Sub. Outback Wagon
So, does anyone know when the Ascent will hit the dealerships lots ?
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wagon & a 2.5 Limited Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1970 View Post
So, does anyone know when the Ascent will hit the dealerships lots ?
a while back someone said the earliest ones ordered may show up around june 20th.

we have a ascent subsection here:

2019 Subaru ASCENT - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans, scroll down to "your car":

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: