Top 15 Best Air Fresheners for Your Car - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Top 15 Best Air Fresheners for Your Car

Quote:
No one likes having a foul-smelling ride. Whether you eat in your car frequently, smoke, or just don’t have the time to clean it as much as you’d like, we’re going to help you decide which car air fresheners are among the best on the market today so you don’t have to be embarrassed by your car’s odors. There are several popular brands to choose from including Febreze, Little Trees and Ozium, among others, so we’re going to help you dwindle down the options.

What's typically your favorite scent?
Read more about the Top 15 Best Air Fresheners for Your Car at AutoGuide.com.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 01:14 PM

Car: '03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Will they work here?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture - slackwyrm 331.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	386.3 KB
ID:	435281  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 01:01 PM

I like the smell of leather.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 01:16 PM

Car: 2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
My cars smell like my garage. It's a fine mix of transmission fluid, differential/gear oil and gasoline. My daughter thinks they (somebody) should make a cologne with that smell. I don't even notice it. Maybe they should make an air freshener with that smell. They can call it "grease monkey" .

I like my girl Cherry. Even though she doesn't really "put out' (fragrance) anymore.

Any guesses on the sticker on the top cubby? Come on, those with kids have to know...
Dantrax likes this.

tdck's FrankenWagon
suspension - brakes - cooling - power
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XRT Tuned, Running Blind

tdck's Cherry Bomb
Chassis & Suspension Bits
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Also XRT Tuned & Running Blind

CKE SSP product information and sales :
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 07:06 AM

Car: '13 Bronze 2.5i Premium PZEV 6MT
If you don't smoke in a car you don't need any air freshener. I had a Toyota Celica that was 10 years old when I sold it before going to Germany and the people that looked at all said it smelled like it was brand new.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 03:17 PM

Car: 2002 Subaru Outback H6 VDC
Best air freshener? Changing the cabin air filter.

I seriously didn't know this was a thing, and I doubt the previous owner (my grandpa) had ever done changed it on my '02.

I changed it, and the old musty smell that I chalked up to just being a 16 y/o car GONE!! Seriously, smells like a brand new car now. Much better than trying to mask smells.
Dantrax likes this.

2002 Subaru Outback H6 3.0L VDC Automatic (91,000)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 03:31 PM

Car: 2008 OB Limited 2.5i
My favorite interior car smell is that of four unwashed bodies and their backpacking / climbing gear after a multi-day day North Cascades climb. Because it means we were out having fun in the outdoors, and perhaps even bagged another summit.

But I draw the limit with @trailgodck liking the smell of ATF, especially synthetic. That stuff is just plain rank, and I once heard about it afterward from DW after I spilled some in the garage and couldn't remove the trace odor left behind after cleanup.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 07:11 AM

Car: 2008 Outback Wagon LL Bean Limited 2.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by traildogck View Post
My cars smell like my garage. It's a fine mix of transmission fluid, differential/gear oil and gasoline. My daughter thinks they (somebody) should make a cologne with that smell. I don't even notice it. Maybe they should make an air freshener with that smell. They can call it "grease monkey" .

I like my girl Cherry. Even though she doesn't really "put out' (fragrance) anymore.

Any guesses on the sticker on the top cubby? Come on, those with kids have to know...
https://www.google.com/search?safe=a...M2j79NlMZOs1M:

My kid likes watching minecraft videos. She says the characters name might be Squid, the YouTubers Name is iBallisticSquid
Sparkland likes this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 08:05 AM

Car: Audi A8, 2002 Outback
My 2c Try searching for this - "Natural Magic Air Purifying Oxy Beads, Odor Eliminator for Cars, Closets, Bathrooms and Pet Areas, Captures and Eliminates Odors" I've used it when leaving my car for months at a time and it seems to absorb all the bad pet, kid smells. It's seems to work well. Never been a fan of the smelly tree freshness and I shudder to think of the toxic chemicals one is inhaling from them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61GwJeNCftL._SL1029_.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	438731  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 10:58 PM

Car: 2002 Outback, 2019 Crosstrek
I'm fond of little trees bourbon scent. Smells fantastic. Might be problematic if you get pulled over though.

David

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: