Mevotech Front (aluminum?) Control Arms - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #11 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 03:44 PM

Car: 2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnsrocket View Post
Nope, my cleaning just allowed them to fit in nice and snug. I had read where some people sanded the ball joint thinking they were too big.....I think it may have just been dirty/rusty knuckles.
Or maybe...."They"...were just nun-too-smart.

Dunno...I would not have been trying to "skinny up" the ball joint...in any scenario. Especially if there was any corrosion involved.

tdck's FrankenWagon
suspension - brakes - cooling - power
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XRT Tuned, Running Blind

tdck's Cherry Bomb
Chassis & Suspension Bits
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Also XRT Tuned & Running Blind

CKE SSP product information and sales :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 09:47 AM

Car: 2005 OBXT 5sp
Hope to get mine installed in the next couple of weekends. Need to get an OEM axle first to replace the non-oem one that leaks a little (had the same thing happen on my saabaru). The Mevo and Spec b arms need a cone sleeve for the bolt right? Anyone have that part # handy? If not, I'll search I have it in my bookmarks somewhere.

post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeynjager View Post
Hope to get mine installed in the next couple of weekends. Need to get an OEM axle first to replace the non-oem one that leaks a little (had the same thing happen on my saabaru). The Mevo and Spec b arms need a cone sleeve for the bolt right? Anyone have that part # handy? If not, I'll search I have it in my bookmarks somewhere.
Cone sleeve for which bolt? The Mevotech bars come loaded already with a ball joint. And they include a new cinch bolt for the knuckle. I am not sure what you are referring too. If you have a record of that...post it. I have had no issues with my install.

tdck's FrankenWagon

XRT Tuned, Running Blind

tdck's Cherry Bomb

post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 12:36 PM

Car: 2005 OBXT 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by traildogck View Post
Cone sleeve for which bolt? The Mevotech bars come loaded already with a ball joint. And they include a new cinch bolt for the knuckle. I am not sure what you are referring too. If you have a record of that...post it. I have had no issues with my install.
Ah, it is for the oem ball joint with the spec b arms. Part #14 here :
http://opposedforces.com/parts/legac...nt_suspension/
post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 09:49 AM

Hmm...

Got it. I will have to look at all three LCAs. Unfortunatley the ball joint hasn't been seperated from any of them. I can punch the trashed BJ out of the true JDM arms I have and compare that to a stock oem USDM ball joint and see that the cone looks like ys the BJ.
@coffeynjager That's good catch...I didn't know anything about that. JDM gets a better ball joint too, well SpecB does at least....then so does STI.

tdck's FrankenWagon

XRT Tuned, Running Blind

tdck's Cherry Bomb

post #16 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 10:28 AM

Car: No Subie for me, not anymore
Garage
This thread could not have come at a better time, I am looking at these right now. I have a clunking while light braking, and some bumps. Already replaced the struts and mounts as well as sway bar end-links.

More Information for MEVOTECH CMS80182

More Information for MEVOTECH CMS80181

Probably going to get them and give it a shot.

-Jamie Perna-
'07 Outback 2.5 EJ253 5MT "Subie 2"

One happy Subie Family:
'99 Outback 2.5(1st)2000Family mine12/2013- 7/2015 R.I.P. Sold to my mechanic and revived once again!
'14 Legacy 2.5 (2nd)12/2013 Mom's
'14 Legacy 2.5 (3rd)2/2014 Sister's
'04 Outback 3.0 (4th)11/2014 Dad's
'07 Outback 2.5 (5th)07/2015-08/2016 Mine Sold!
post #17 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 11:27 AM

Car: 05 OBXT & 16 Crosstrek
Has anyone used the bushings that come in these control arms? I'm thinking they are probably as good as stock, so will have to be replaced eventually, but in the meantime how bad could they be?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
post #18 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 01:33 PM

The area at the 90 looks far more beefy on the stock part vs the cast aftermarket part. Just looking at it I'd opt for stock. But we also pack our car heavy for trips. Id like to see nicer aftermarket parts too. But not to crazy about those.
post #19 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 11:17 PM

Car: 08' Outback Limited
Just got mine installed today along with new axles, endlinks, swaybar bushings and front struts/springs! Car feels like it is new!!! No more creaks, groans or knocks! I still need to replace the rear shocks and endlinks.

KentuckyOutback likes this.
post #20 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 11:46 PM

Hey @Farnsrocket u have an H6...or just an '08. I see chassis and subframe minor differences. I am wondering if it is '08 plus or H6 differences, They made some chassis changes in '08 and I am trying sort it all out.

Please clarify the motor on your rig if you can for me...thx...

I also had to tighten down the ball joints after 500 miles, they were clunking like h*ll.

tdck's FrankenWagon

XRT Tuned, Running Blind

tdck's Cherry Bomb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: