Mevotech Front (aluminum?) Control Arms - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mevotech Front (aluminum?) Control Arms

I am looking at my options for replacing my front control arm bushings and I came upon a Mevotech part on Amazon.com... Curious if anyone has experience with the part.

http://www.amazon.com/Mevotech-Front-Suspension-Control-CMS80181/dp/B00YWD1EGK/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1447356610&veh icle=2008-13-66-233--16-6-6-167-1737-1-1---3-0&sr=1-1&ymm=2008%3Asubaru%3Aoutback

There is no real description and no reviews, so I am skeptical, but they appear to be complete aluminum control arms at a decent price. What do you think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 04:01 PM

KILLER deal on Lower control arms - Subaru Legacy Forums

2007 Outback LLBean 3.0 XRT Tuned
1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4 22re
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 04:28 PM

Car: Outbrat XT, Foz, 3.0R Limited
Garage
That's not a job I want to do twice.

My other Subarus are Subarus.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You'll have to pry my frameless windows from my cold dead hands.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 07:28 PM

Car: 2005 Outback H6 3.0 LL Bean
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Seen these on RockAuto too, slightly cheaper. I looked at them when I was thinking about replacing my front control arm bushings, but was too cheap to buy them. A friend of mine put a pair of Mevotech cast aluminum arms on his '02 Impreza though (different design) and they looked pretty nice.
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 07:18 PM

Car: 08' Outback Limited
Just ordered 2 of these for my 08'.
post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 05:12 PM

Car: 2005 Outback XT limited
Has there been any evidence of the Mevotech's failing?

I read the thread on LGT about carid pricing them ridiculously low but haven't heard or found any evidence that they are failing. I have them on my wish list along with the whiteline anti lift - I miss my perrin setup but the feedback was too much.

2005 Outback XT 5EAT......93 octane is yummy!!
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 03:08 PM

Mevotech next to stock

What a mess

Dremeled out the hub so the new ball joint would fit nicely
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 03:18 PM

Car: 2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
Mine were way easier. I found that the ball joints on the Mevotech...were if anything, on the small side...they slide right in and needed significantly more tightening to clamp the knuckle at the cinch bolt. You may find the same, especially since you "cleaned it". There was some information floating about...saying the ball joints had issues fitting. Not in my case at all.

I also weighed them vs my stock (disclaimer....stock were filled with high impact urethane as an NVH procedure) vs the JDM that I also have.

I will post those weights in a bit.

tdck's FrankenWagon
suspension - brakes - cooling - power

XRT Tuned, Running Blind

tdck's Cherry Bomb
Chassis & Suspension Bits

Also XRT Tuned & Running Blind

CKE SSP product information and sales :
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 03:28 PM

Car: 2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpinXT2005 View Post
Has there been any evidence of the Mevotech's failing?

I read the thread on LGT about carid pricing them ridiculously low but haven't heard or found any evidence that they are failing. I have them on my wish list along with the whiteline anti lift - I miss my perrin setup but the feedback was too much.
I am going to test them vs the true JDM I have. I just need to take my time getting the large LCA bushing pressed into the JDM arm. The Mevotech $ was so right. My theory is they were massively over produced. Production errors happen. You can buy a BugEye WRX performance clutch for $30. Same reasons.

Best you can do is take advantage...if someone records a failure. That's bad, but good if it gets posted. I certainly will. Denver streets have bent the eye on my LCA to chassis underbody brace...from AVO. I have also bent stock control arms on Denver streets.

I plan on finding out. Hopefully not by accident.

tdck's FrankenWagon
suspension - brakes - cooling - power

XRT Tuned, Running Blind

tdck's Cherry Bomb
Chassis & Suspension Bits

Also XRT Tuned & Running Blind

CKE SSP product information and sales :
post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traildogck View Post
I found that the ball joints on the Mevotech...were if anything, on the small side...they slide right in and needed significantly more tightening to clamp the knuckle at the cinch bolt. You may find the same, especially since you "cleaned it". There was some information floating about...saying the ball joints had issues fitting. Not in my case at all.
Nope, my cleaning just allowed them to fit in nice and snug. I had read where some people sanded the ball joint thinking they were too big.....I think it may have just been dirty/rusty knuckles.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in