Timing Belt Kit help - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Timing Belt Kit help

I'm looking at the Aisin TKF-006 Engine Timing Belt Kit with New Water Pump for our 06 Outback but Amazon is saying it does not fit but they're also saying it's an exact fit for our 09 Forester.

Is there a different kit # from Aisin I should be looking for, for the 06? I can't seem to find one if there is. Is there really a difference between the 06 & 09 2.5i timing kit - water pump maybe?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 07:57 PM

Car: 85BRAT97SVX03Baja5mtHonda's
go to rockauto to get the correct part numbers for your car, then cross shop at Amazon, etc...

85BRAT 97SVX, 2x91 Honda CRX, 91 RT4wd
03Baja
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wagon & a 2.5 Limited Sedan
amazon's database part selector may not be perfect from retailer to retailer. a 2006 and a 2009 EJ253 engine maybe the same over the forester and the legacy outback,..and what you are looking at is just incomplete.

I also do that with rockauto and then go to amazon. (for cross reference checking and price)

maybe look again with Aisin's own listings

Aisin makes good stuff.

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans, scroll down to "your car":
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 07:00 AM

Go to rock auto...I bought a gates timing belt kit for my 05 OBXT and the kit includes the water pump, tensioners, idlers, and it costs less than 300$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK6 Jetta
05 Outback XT 5speed
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 07:15 AM

Car: 2012 Outback - 2005 Outback XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bittner View Post
Go to rock auto...I bought a gates timing belt kit for my 05 OBXT and the kit includes the water pump, tensioners, idlers, and it costs less than 300$.
Only problem with the Gates kit is that they have started slipping in Chinese made parts, even though the box states otherwise. Not saying that is necessarily a bad thing, but just know what you are getting.

Ebay has several vendors that will sell you "kits" containing OEM parts. If it's a car you intend to keep for another 100K miles, you might want to consider an upgrade. I got mine from Subaru Parts Direct. I purchased an Aisin water pump from another vendor.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 07:18 AM

I checked all the parts when they arrived last year nothing was made in China at least none of my parts were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK6 Jetta
05 Outback XT 5speed
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

I checked Rock Auto first and they have no Aisin kits currently, so I can't cross reference there. Have heard nothing but bad about the Gates lately, unless they have already switched back to OEM quality. I looked at Aisin's website but didn't see a phone number. Guess I could email and see if anyone ever responds....

Do you guys feel the Aisin kit is up to snuff, as far as quality goes (including the belt) compared to the OEM?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: