Naviation screen removal - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By kiwisix

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Naviation screen removal

Hello.
I'm new to this forum and this is my first post here..

I recently purchased a 2006 Outback LL Bean edition with navigation system.
I'm loving the car so far. It only has 91K miles, so I'm expecting this will be with me for a long time.

Anyway, I really didn't care for the Nav in my car, but this car just happened to have it. BUT I kinda prefer to have the extra storage compartment in place of Nav.....

I'm mechanically inclined, but not too good with electronics AT ALL.... lol

My question is: Can I just pull out the Nav unit and put the storage compartment in it's place?
(I see on Ebay that I can get the Vents/Compartment with clock as a assembly which seems like it just snaps in place) and leave the wiring to the nav unit just not connected without causing any issues??

Since the car is in great shape, I really don't wanna mess anything up...

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 11:03 PM

Car: Outback 2009 2.5i Ltd 4EAT NAV
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJOH View Post
I see on Ebay that I can get the Vents/Compartment with clock as a assembly which seems like it just snaps in place
Unfortunately, I do not know the answer. But if you execute the project, I would be very interested in knowing if you find that the connectors for the clock are present and functional.

I have the navigation as well. I wish to have the clock mounted in the ash tray section and concurrently functioning with the navigation.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 04:24 PM

Car: 2007 3.0R Outback 5EAT SI-Drive, Push Start JDM 130k km
Garage
Quote:
Hello.

I'm loving the car so far. It only has 91K miles, so I'm expecting this will be with me for a long time.

Anyway, I really didn't care for the Nav in my car, but this car just happened to have it. BUT I kinda prefer to have the extra storage compartment in place of Nav.....

My question is: Can I just pull out the Nav unit and put the storage compartment in it's place?

(I see on Ebay that I can get the Vents/Compartment with clock as a assembly which seems like it just snaps in place) and leave the wiring to the nav unit just not connected without causing any issues??

Since the car is in great shape, I really don't wanna mess anything up...

Thank you in advance.

Sure can I did. I also tore out my nav system as it wasn’t working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwisix View Post
Sure can I did. I also tore out my nav system as it wasn’t working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you have to fabricate the wiring to the clock?
I'm assuming all it needs to the clock is constant power, keyed power and dimmer....
If there's not a connector for it already, I could tap into those for the Navigation display wiring, I'm assuming...

If you could tell me the detailed info (Possibly some sort of instructions...) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 04:40 PM

Car: 2007 3.0R Outback 5EAT SI-Drive, Push Start JDM 130k km
Garage
Quote:
Did you have to fabricate the wiring to the clock?
No, you'll find a connector for the stock clock behind the nav screen.

Far as I remember the air vents will pop out, just unbolt and unplug the nav screen and put in your new components.

There's a couple variations of the clock buttons so find pics online of your cars model & year (without nav) and get a clock that looks the same.
ths258 likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 08:25 PM

Car: 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5XT MT
Quote:
Hello.

Thank you in advance.
I will be at a U Pull lot in a few days. If you need that part (vent with cubby holder and display clock) I can get it for you.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teymur85 View Post
Quote:
Hello.

Thank you in advance.
I will be at a U Pull lot in a few days. If you need that part (vent with cubby holder and display clock) I can get it for you.
That’s so nice of you.
I sent you a PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: