What did you do with your 2nd gen OB today? - Page 404 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 1274Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
post #4031 of 4080 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 08:32 AM

Car: 2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The circulation pump on my car that's for the supercharger and intercooler went out, again. So this time I got a Prius inverter cooler pump to install in place of the type I've been using. Got it for $22 and it came with a pigtail. The Prius pump has a brushless motor and should last a long time. The hose ports are the same size, it's the same length, but thinner than the one I've been using making mounting it easy.

Back to cooler running.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4032 of 4080 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 09:41 PM

Car: 01 OBW VDC AWD H6-3.0
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Installed the new headlamps and new bulbs last night. Made some up/down adjustments and now need to adjust left/right. Right now they point towards the middle of the lane; my lane, that is.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

An 01 Outback Wagon VDC H-6 3.0 named "SubbieO"

post #4033 of 4080 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 07:34 PM

Car: '03 Base OBW 5sp
So today I did some preventive maintenance..... Replaced my front wheel bearings with Timken bearings and seals. The Timken inner seal doesn't have a large "double" lip like the OEM Subaru Seal but no biggie. I was able to use my 20 ton HF press again and everything went pretty well.

I inspected my ball joints, tie rod ends, and drive axles at the same time and all looked good so I just buttoned everything up.

I marked the camber bolt on the strut before I removed it so I wouldn't have to get an alignment after. At 189,000 miles I figure its good preventive maintenance and in fact the passenger bearing was spinning pretty fast and didn't seem like it had much grease left so maybe it would have bit the dust in the next year. Better to do it now then take a chance that I have to do all the work in the 110 degree heat of the Phoenix summer!!!!!!!
post #4034 of 4080 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 03:44 PM

Car: 2002 Outback VDC
Replaced my key fob with (I think ) an OEM one.

You really had to mash the old one to get it to unlock.

New fob has a much rougher finish (Old one has seen 17 years of use!) and a nice resistance when pushing the buttons.

Super easy to program as well.

This weekend...sway bar end links and bushings!
post #4035 of 4080 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 06:58 PM

Car: 2002 Outback 2.5
Fun with color, I got bored. Thoughts? Opinions?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
post #4036 of 4080 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 09:00 AM

Car: 2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
@BiggFella Tilghman Looks good. Now you'll have to do the rest of the dash.

Yesterday, I spent 7.5 hours cleaning the VDC. I disassembled paneling and door trims, parts of the dash and center console. All the door jams and rocker panels are white again. Carpet got a good scrubbing. No more dirt under the switches and paneling. The burlwood dash panels shine again. The headliner was a PITA, but the hemp towel I used was a great help. Those things pick up everything. You'd be surprised how much dirt the headliner catches. I went through 4 2 gallon buckets of Dawn and water just on the interior. Then used Meguiar's Leather cleaner on the seats and paneling.

This is why the car doesn't look like it has 215k miles on it. Once a year thorough cleaning.

post #4037 of 4080 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoc View Post
@BiggFella Tilghman Looks good. Now you'll have to do the rest of the dash.

Yesterday, I spent 7.5 hours cleaning the VDC. I disassembled paneling and door trims, parts of the dash and center console. All the door jams and rocker panels are white again. Carpet got a good scrubbing. No more dirt under the switches and paneling. The burlwood dash panels shine again. The headliner was a PITA, but the hemp towel I used was a great help. Those things pick up everything. You'd be surprised how much dirt the headliner catches. I went through 4 2 gallon buckets of Dawn and water just on the interior. Then used Meguiar's Leather cleaner on the seats and paneling.

This is why the car doesn't look like it has 215k miles on it. Once a year thorough cleaning.
Thank you sir, I am considering ideas about the rest of the dash. Starting to get the typical rot above the glovebox so I'm gonna tackle that next. With motivation from cars like yours, I just wanna keep her pretty and purring for a long time to come

post #4038 of 4080 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 11:58 AM

Car: 2002 Subaru Outback LL Bean H6
Changed the bulbs in my dash today, nobody mentioned in the countless forums I read that until you reconnect the hazard switch the turn indicators donít work. Spent 30 minutes cussing trying to figure out why they werenít working...

Also installed a new hood prop grommet so now my hood prop wonít fall out anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #4039 of 4080 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Sparrow View Post
Changed the bulbs in my dash today, nobody mentioned in the countless forums I read that until you reconnect the hazard switch the turn indicators donít work. Spent 30 minutes cussing trying to figure out why they werenít working...

Also installed a new hood prop grommet so now my hood prop wonít fall out anymore.

That turn signal thing drive me crazy too lol

saam.monjezi likes this.
post #4040 of 4080 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 05:41 PM

Car: 2000 Outback Limited, Dual Range 5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Sparrow View Post

Been there done that, pulled the cluster for some work. Slammed it back in just in time to pick wifey up from work. Pull out into traffic no indicators. ****. Wasnít until the following morning I was able to look at it and lonand behold I neglected to plug in the hazard switch.

Face palm.

Don't follow me i may be looking for a cache!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: