Operation Desert Outback Completed - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 01:23 PM

Car: 2017 Outback Premium 2.5 with Eyesight
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsilby12 View Post
Yes there are actually. We have some through the paint process, interior work, winch modification and rack build and design.
It'll all be on the website I should have done in the next couple days.
Awesome. Looking forward to seeing those.

dsilby12 likes this.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking."
-George Patton

2008 Outback 2.5 - traded in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

For those who are interested, here's the link to the pics of the car in progress.
Thanks for looking.

https://2002outbackproject.shutterfly.com/

post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 10:20 PM

Car: 2001 Subaru Outback LL Bean
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsilby12 View Post
Thanks so much. Unfortunately no, it was not done on a budget at all. Everything was done at a top level. But we did have some sponsors involved like Warn that helped ease the pain.
Whoever buys it is going to get a crazy deal.
Is it currently for sale? Very doubtful I could afford this anytime soon, but I am very curious what the asking price would be. This is amazing.
EnduroFit likes this.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutbackVal View Post
Is it currently for sale? Very doubtful I could afford this anytime soon, but I am very curious what the asking price would be. This is amazing.
Yes, it is for sale.
It isn't "officially" on the market yet. Just so much going on with the holiday weekend and work and other projects I haven't advertised it yet. But it is for sale.
Will go up on "Bring A Trailer" and some other sites.

As far as price, funny you mentioned that. I can honestly tell you, I have no clue what it's worth.
I know how much a regular low mile rust free perfect LL Bean would be worth, maybe in that $8K to $10K range, depending on the buyer.
But this car, no idea. We're actually getting it appraised Wednesday. There's no way to ever recoup the money put into it, that's not why this was built.
The buyer will have to know they are going to over pay for a regular Outback to have a chance to own a one of a kind car that nobody in the world has.
What is that worth? Not sure yet.

If anyone is interested PM me and throw a fair offer out.
dchalle2 likes this.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2017, 11:35 PM

Car: 2002 Subaru Outback LL Bean Edition, 3.0 liter EZ30D, Automatic
That is a very beautiful car! I have almost the same interior (without all of the restoration) and I was wondering, is that an Eyesight panel you have installed in your dash?
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 01:39 AM

Car: 1999 Legacy SUS Ltd, BGM, 4EAT
I'll be honest, that color looks near enough to stock paint to me that to me it feels like a waste of effort to do such a thorough job painting it! But I do think the seats and door cards especially look great. Roof rack also is a little too subtle a custom job, though a close look shows it off better. Very nice work with winches and lights, and overall a very, very clean and well-integrated job!

Also, the wheels it started out with in the photo album are actually one of the few non-stock wheels I've ever seen that I think actually look GOOD on that car (usually I care about as much about custom wheels as what color your window stickers are). What are they from? Is it from some late-model OB?

I sometimes feel I need to apologize for being far more verbose than is necessary in a lot of situations, especially on the internet - I've probably already done it plenty on this foru-
shucks, I'm doing it again, aren't I?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 02:39 AM

Car: Twilight Blue 2015 3.6R with Eyesight
Garage
Awesome color and build!
dsilby12 likes this.

Stultus est sicut stultus facit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are Three kinds of people. Those who can count, and those who can't...
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 07:57 AM

Car: 2001 outback H6 3.0 VDC
that's a sweet machine! do you know if those rear spoilers are still available?
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 08:18 PM

Car: 2003 Subaru Outback Base
I'd been wondering if a winch could be mounted like that behind the bumper. The whole car is awesome, but that trick with the winch is the best.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by airlia101 View Post
I'll be honest, that color looks near enough to stock paint to me that to me it feels like a waste of effort to do such a thorough job painting it! But I do think the seats and door cards especially look great. Roof rack also is a little too subtle a custom job, though a close look shows it off better. Very nice work with winches and lights, and overall a very, very clean and well-integrated job!

Also, the wheels it started out with in the photo album are actually one of the few non-stock wheels I've ever seen that I think actually look GOOD on that car (usually I care about as much about custom wheels as what color your window stickers are). What are they from? Is it from some late-model OB?
Your comment about the color is exactly why we did it like that! It looks like it could be stock, that was the plan. I didn't want it to look aftermarket but instead have it look like it came that way from Subaru.
The key was to make sure everything was a step down from over the top, including the rack. Since it is a Subaru, I think it's important not to go WAY overkill and turn it into a "bro mobile".
Thanks for all your kind words, this thing gets thumbs up all over the place!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: