2002 Subaru outback wagon weird issue - Page 5 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 05:18 PM

Car: 2000 Outback Limited, Dual Range 5 Speed
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brake/tails are different to tail only as they have two pins and the bayonet post are offset so they can only go in one way.

Don't follow me i may be looking for a cache!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf99 View Post
I bet if you replace that socket, your brake light will be fixed. Looks like the two contacts are touching inside the socket and causing both filliment to work at the same time. May even fix your brake switch error.
Just received the LH rear assembly and installed it. Turn signal brake/tail lights working as intended. Now onto the LH hatch brake and tail light socket. this is the pig tails I bought for the hatch. Can anyone verify that they are the same as the rear fender pig tails and how hard are the ones on the hatch to replace? Been too busy @ work to search.

post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 05:23 PM

Car: 2000 Outback Limited, Dual Range 5 Speed
As long as the socket has two contacts and the slots where the pins go into are offset your all good, by offset I mean one doesn’t go as deep as the other.

Don't follow me i may be looking for a cache!
post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

I cant seem to figure out how to unhook the the connector for the backup light and tail light. Any insight would be useful. The connector I need to unhook is on top.
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Apparently the plug in is not the same
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 12:01 PM

Location: Alaska, where the most sensible car for all seasons is an AWD OB
Car: 4, Gen 2 H6's: 2001 LLBean, 2002 LLBean, 2002 VDC, 2003 Plain...I love the H6's!
If the connector you are trying to disconnect from the lense housing is the upper gray one, then you need to turn the upper gray one counterclockwise to remove it from the lense housing.
post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

I also noticed that someone replaced the left headlight Low/high beam fuse with a 20 instead of the original 15 amp. Could this be the reason my high beams on activate on the right headlight only. Also when I have a check engine or abs light showing and I turn on my turn signal the brightness of said light alternates between normal and bright.
post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 07:48 AM

Car: 2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetwister007 View Post
I also noticed that someone replaced the left headlight Low/high beam fuse with a 20 instead of the original 15 amp. Could this be the reason my high beams on activate on the right headlight only. Also when I have a check engine or abs light showing and I turn on my turn signal the brightness of said light alternates between normal and bright.
Lights flickering when there is a toggling load is related to poor ground or positive lead issues. I would start with checking the battery ampere output and conductance through the grounds to the engine block, body and firewall along with the positive cabling to the alternator and fuse box. You have some ground lugs inside the car under the dashboard at the left and right footwells and at the center behind the console that are connected to the electronics inside the car.

The 20 amp fuse shouldn't be an issue. Each headlight has it's own fuse and relay and the amp rating is the point at which the fuse will blow, not what is being drawn by the appliance. It may be that the fuse blew out at some point and that was the readily available fuse at the time.

Also, you may want to get the codes pulled from all the modules on the car and look to see if there's a commonality between them. A lot of times when there's an engine performance issue at the same time as other modules report issues it ends up being battery and/or cabling issues. In other words, not enough current to run everything on the car so some systems suffer. In electronic automatic transmission cars, poor electrical source or conductance will burn up clutches quick and you won't know it until you start losing gears.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: