Please help, looking for trans for 96 2.5 outback. - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Please help, looking for trans for 96 2.5 outback.

Hello all happy to be part of the community, I joined mainly to get a few questions answered. I drive a 1996 outback with the 2.5 and my auto trans Is on its last legs I have found a few replacements but I need to know what the compatibility is I've found a 2000 and a 1998 both with matching tags but will they work?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard8100 View Post
Hello all happy to be part of the community, I joined mainly to get a few questions answered. I drive a 1996 outback with the 2.5 and my auto trans Is on its last legs I have found a few replacements but I need to know what the compatibility is I've found a 2000 and a 1998 both with matching tags but will they work?
moved thread and updated title. (whatever emoticon you were using does not work with this forum software).

how is the engine. I see this is a US spec one by your IP address

,...so is the original 2.5 in there? (those DOHC 2.5 were real odd balls needing high octane). and as such this maybe a opportunity to transplant a better engine and trans mated together. (something like a great 1995 2.2 )

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans, scroll down to "your car":
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 03:12 PM

Car: 2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
Garage
Definitely need more info, like how many miles and any recent repairs done because as stated above sometimes its nice to replace these as a package deal and can make it easier and save time down the road if the engine may fail shortly after. Welcome and if you are going to do this yourself post some pics and updates with your progress!

2014 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: