MY16 Outback Orders Closing - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Car: 2006 wrx
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MY16 Outback Orders Closing

Subaru has announced that they are closing orders for model year 2016 Legacy, Outback and Foresters on Monday, April 25th.

Certain model/ option/ emission-spec/ color combinations may become exhausted and orders for those will close sooner than Monday.

If you would like to place an order for a MY16 Legacy or Outback or Forester from me, lease follow the Outback.org Quote Request Thread to begin.

Subaru has not released availability for 2017 Legacy, Outback and Foresters. My best guess right now is that the new models will begin trickling in to dealers in Late July. As I find more official information, I will post if back here.

-JMart

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 11:00 PM

What improvements if any does the 2017 bring ?

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 09:48 AM

Car: 2016 Outback 3.6R Limited#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukegt View Post
It's not official, but I wouldn't be surprised if the same upgrades from the 17' Impreza and Forester such as heated steering wheel, auto high beams, and a new interior color are added. They may even upgrade the headlights to LED with LED DRL like they did on those two models as well- especially since people have been complaining about the headlight performance.

Having said that, the 17' could be identical to the 16', and following Subaru's past it would be 2015-2017, then 2018-2019 updated. Who knows!?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukegt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wernerga3 View Post
It's not official, but I wouldn't be surprised if the same upgrades from the 17' Impreza and Forester such as heated steering wheel, auto high beams, and a new interior color are added. They may even upgrade the headlights to LED with LED DRL like they did on those two models as well- especially since people have been complaining about the headlight performance.

Having said that, the 17' could be identical to the 16', and following Subaru's past it would be 2015-2017, then 2018-2019 updated. Who knows!?

You hit the nail on the head, wernerga. Those are my best guesses too. Subaru hasn't released any details on changes (or lack of) for the 2017s. Until they do (and I'll post here once I find out more details) we just get to speculate.

-JMart
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeubergerMotors View Post
You hit the nail on the head, wernerga. Those are my best guesses too. Subaru hasn't released any details on changes (or lack of) for the 2017s. Until they do (and I'll post here once I find out more details) we just get to speculate.

-JMart
I don't get a lot of responses on the 15+ section of this forum (not the most active bunch) but I took this sticker off my 2016 cargo carrier and was curious if you knew anything about the cross bar/kayak option. I imagine the round crossbar kit is the one offered on the Forester but how do you mount it. Also, can you use the ski attachment instead of the kayak one?

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wernerga3 View Post
I don't get a lot of responses on the 15+ section of this forum (not the most active bunch) but I took this sticker off my 2016 cargo carrier and was curious if you knew anything about the cross bar/kayak option. I imagine the round crossbar kit is the one offered on the Forester but how do you mount it. Also, can you use the ski attachment instead of the kayak one?

You can add the optional round crossbars that extend out further if you need to carry something wider. I believe you need to leave the Outback crossbars in the side position and attach them like you would on the Forester. Subaru does have a kayak carrier and a ski carrier both from Thule You can find them here (along with great prices) at our part store.

-JMart
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeubergerMotors View Post
You can add the optional round crossbars that extend out further if you need to carry something wider. I believe you need to leave the Outback crossbars in the side position and attach them like you would on the Forester. Subaru does have a kayak carrier and a ski carrier both from Thule You can find them here (along with great prices) at our part store.

-JMart
Not sure that's correct, since the sticker clearly states that the cargo basket is the mounting point for the round cross bars, and you would need to have the cargo basket mounted on the factory outback cross bars for it to be utilized as the mounting point. Also I don't believe the round cross bars will fit given the outback's setup. I've reached out to my dealer to see what they say and will update you! I'm so curious. My next step is SOA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: