MSRP/INVOICE/PURCHASE PRICE thread - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 4207Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.23 average.
post #1 of 6478 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MSRP/INVOICE/PURCHASE PRICE thread

Can we make this post a place for everybody to post their MSRP/INVOICE/PURCHASE PRICE?

I think that's a question many of us want to ask when somebody buys one as it is the most pertinent aspect of their purchase to our future purchase and posting the deals we all got in here will help future buyers negotiate.

tinkerbelle and bsolve like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6478 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 09:24 PM

When I purchased my last vehicle, I was able to go the BMW forum prior to ordering the vehicle and located a thread by a BMW insider who posted true invoice on each BMW vehicle and invoice pricing on options. What a valuable piece of information. I would like to see a thread listed for buyers:2015 Subaru Outback MSRP and Invoice Buyers Download. I have a hard time believing options listed are what dealer pays the factory for added options so I tend to think the true dealer invoice is lower than most buyers think.

post #3 of 6478 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 10:17 PM

My sticker said $34,561 and they stated flat out that was the price they paid. I called while sitting in the show room, on speaker, to another dealer and asked to order the same car, they quoted $31,056. My dealer quickly called the GM and they not only price matched but I got all season floor matts, trunk tray, cargo nets, and the theft upgrade at no cost.

I later haggled for an hour with the finance manager to get 2.99% then later 2.75% and a gap/10year warranty at the same monthly rate as 2.99%.

It takes awhile, but if you don't have a problem being a jerk you can get better deals.
Grace, ltominaga, aarons12 and 1 others like this.
post #4 of 6478 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 11:50 PM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Eyesight/Blind Spot Monitoring/Lift Gate
I'm about to place an order this weekend.

2.5i Premium with EyeSight + Blind-Spot Detection & Rear Cross-Traffic Alert + Power Rear Gate and a trailer hitch.

Prices (before tax/fees)
Invoice: $28,069.00
MSRP: $29,139
My Negotiated Price (AAA discount): $28,218.00
post #5 of 6478 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 09:06 AM

Car: 15MY 2.5i w/ES
Quote:
Originally Posted by parky View Post
I'm about to place an order this weekend.

2.5i Premium with EyeSight + Blind-Spot Detection & Rear Cross-Traffic Alert + Power Rear Gate and a trailer hitch.

Prices (before tax/fees)
Invoice: $28,069.00
MSRP: $29,139
My Negotiated Price (AAA discount): $28,218.00
You have more negotiating to do if your price is above invoice... Unless you just don't have any Subaru dealers within driving distance.
post #6 of 6478 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 01:03 PM

Car: 2016 Subaru Outback Limited w/ Eyesight
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBRIGGS82 View Post
When I purchased my last vehicle, I was able to go the BMW forum prior to ordering the vehicle and located a thread by a BMW insider who posted true invoice on each BMW vehicle and invoice pricing on options. What a valuable piece of information. I would like to see a thread listed for buyers:2015 Subaru Outback MSRP and Invoice Buyers Download. I have a hard time believing options listed are what dealer pays the factory for added options so I tend to think the true dealer invoice is lower than most buyers think.
I been posted this on the other thread a few days back ...

https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...ml#post1735242

Hope this helps.
post #7 of 6478 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 02:26 PM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Eyesight/Blind Spot Monitoring/Lift Gate
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
You have more negotiating to do if your price is above invoice... Unless you just don't have any Subaru dealers within driving distance.
There are actually 3 within driving distance but none willing to come down any further than $200 above invoice.. Most wanted $500-$800 more.
post #8 of 6478 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Parky, you should read up on the VIP program. If you need to buy immediately, check out the ASPCA one.

My assumption in starting this post was that everybody will get 2% below invoice, so the purpose was to see examples of where people were able to negotiate below that, or to get additional items added on at invoice or lesser, such as a warranty or dealer add ons.

There are 5-6 dealers within a 3 hour drive from where I live, so presumably, if I can use VIP to get 2% below from any of them, one should be willing to go lower to secure my business, correct? The negotiations will just be made easier if there are other examples to point to and will be helpful for every future negotiator.
beachmama likes this.
post #9 of 6478 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 03:49 PM

Car: '18 Accord EX-L 2.0t; Wife's car: '16 3.6r Ltd. w/ Eyesight
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALLMEAMMO View Post
Parky, you should read up on the VIP program. If you need to buy immediately, check out the ASPCA one.

My assumption in starting this post was that everybody will get 2% below invoice, so the purpose was to see examples of where people were able to negotiate below that, or to get additional items added on at invoice or lesser, such as a warranty or dealer add ons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
The last time I was at the Subaru dealer in Riverhead, NY (summer 2012), I told the salesperson I wanted to pay 2% under invoice for a 2013. The manager came out and told me he was insulted by my offer and I left.

The dealer in Huntington, NY wouldn't take more than $1,000.00 off MSRP. I had much better luck negotiating at the dealership in Hicksville, but for whatever reason, we decided that my wife should lease a Passat instead. We'll check out '16 OBs next summer for her.
post #10 of 6478 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 04:06 PM

Car: 2014 Forester Limited, 2015 Outback Limited
I ordered a 2015 Outback Limited.

Price before taxes and some add-on's was 27,300. We bought my wifes forester from the same sales guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: