Post pics of YOUR 5th Gen Outback - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 4191Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 2.50 average.
post #11 of 3012 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 03:22 PM

Car: 2015 OB 3.6R Ice Silver
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnite View Post
Thanks, Ktownbobski. It's the third Ice Silver Subaru I've owned. The blueish tint is visible in some conditions, particularly when overcast in low light, but 99% of the time, it just looks silver to me: clean. I considered a number of the other colors since my local dealer had all of them in stock. I nearly went with the Carbide Gray, but my practical nature (laziness?) prevailed; it just made more sense to me to get a color that would hide dust and/or paint/clear-coat defects better.
I agree with midnite's assessment on the color. I've had my 2015 ice silver for 2 days and have not noticed the blueish hue. I did see it when I was picking it up because it was an overcast day. Look on the bright side - you get two colors for the price of one?

OlyWa likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 3012 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 05:57 PM

Car: 2015 Santa Fe Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by subiefan8 View Post
I agree with midnite's assessment on the color. I've had my 2015 ice silver for 2 days and have not noticed the blueish hue. I did see it when I was picking it up because it was an overcast day. Look on the bright side - you get two colors for the price of one?
My wife and I saw an Ice Blue again today and did notice the blue hue this time . . and have decided we like it!

OlyWa likes this.
post #13 of 3012 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 09:49 PM

Is anybody willing to actually post pictures of their vehicle in this thread?

I'm looking at Lapis Blue Pearl, but so far the only pictures I've seen have been of the Legacy.
post #14 of 3012 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 10:03 PM

Car: 2018 3.6 Touring, Dark Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormandj View Post
I'm looking at Lapis Blue Pearl
There are some pics of that color on this site.
post #15 of 3012 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchna View Post
Thank you. I have seen those photos, but they all (other colors included) seem to be taken under poor lighting conditions with cloud cover and shadows.

The only clear photos I've found look like this:

Still has shadows, but at least some sunlight on the paint. I'd love to see actual user photos in this thread, hence the reasoning for my initial post.
post #16 of 3012 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 10:28 PM

Car: 2018 3.6 Touring, Dark Blue Pearl
Ok, here are some additional dealer pics (perhaps not the quality needed though). I like this blue, wish it came with the dark interior.
post #17 of 3012 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchna View Post
Ok, here are some additional dealer pics (perhaps not the quality needed though). I like this blue, wish it came with the dark interior.
Those pictures are much better. I'm a fan of the light interior living in TX, but I am with you re: Subaru and choices, I wish they gave us more of them. I'd like HID headlights on the '15 but you can only get those with the 3.6.

I wish they had WRB available, but LBP will suffice. Thank you!
post #18 of 3012 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 11:57 PM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnite View Post
Ice Silver, if the link works...
Sweet ride! I noticed that there is no front license plate/frame. Is a front license plate not required in your area? It looks much better without a front plate.
post #19 of 3012 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 12:27 AM

Car: 96 Outback 2.5 AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormandj View Post
Thank you. I have seen those photos, but they all (other colors included) seem to be taken under poor lighting conditions with cloud cover and shadows.

The only clear photos I've found look like this:

Still has shadows, but at least some sunlight on the paint. I'd love to see actual user photos in this thread, hence the reasoning for my initial post.
From this angle it sure looks like a Hyundai Sonata. At least a 2011-2014. The 2015 gets a new look.
post #20 of 3012 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD View Post
From this angle it sure looks like a Hyundai Sonata. At least a 2011-2014. The 2015 gets a new look.
It's a 2015 Legacy. That said, I'm only curious about the color. This thread is about the '15 Outback, and I've seen almost no posts with actual pictures of a 2015 Outback. I'm guilty as well, I have nothing to add, I have to order my OB. I only posted the picture in order to determine if actual OB owners with LBP had would post pictures/confirm it looked like this vehicle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: