Subaru Outback Forums banner

Post pics of YOUR 5th Gen Outback

2M views 4K replies 1K participants last post by  Ande 
#1 ·
Someone had to start this. I'm itching for pics!

#1,111 ·
Thanks! Sure will! Right now I´m really enjoying Eyesight. I couldn´t imagine that it really is this good. Fantastic system.
Btw, I just noticed that OEM fender extensions I got installed at the dealer´s are different to the ones I see on this (US) forum.
Mine looks wider and higher or what do you think? I´ll have to get some better pics to show them.

#1,115 ·
Brought it home yesterday

Picked it up in Allentown PA (Ciocca) Saturday afternoon. Spent Saturday night in central NJ (family) and drove it back to MA Sunday morning.

~ 350 miles of driving (followed break-in procedures - varying speeds, kept it under 4,000 rpm which was easy given the 6-cyl engine), 70% of the trip was highway. Computer shows ~25.5 mpg, car is a 3.6R. Drives great, looks awesome, and love all the gadgetry!

Attachments

#1,117 ·
~ 350 miles of driving (followed break-in procedures - varying speeds, kept it under 4,000 rpm which was easy given the 6-cyl engine), 70% of the trip was highway. Computer shows ~25.5 mpg, car is a 3.6R. Drives great, looks awesome, and love all the gadgetry!
Congrats. Love the white with black trim. I couldn't wait for the break-in period to be over and have some fun with that 3.6. It does drive great and doesn't struggle on any roads. I have quite a few hills in my area.

#1,118 ·
Congrats!! Oh man, I would´ve love to get 3.6 liter, but it´s not available here at all. White & black looks really good ;) They make a nice contrast between them. And 5th gen OB has more black parts than it´s predecessor. For example the rear spoiler has black edge which looks really good. I love those wheels as well. Are they 18" original Subaru wheels that came with the car?

#1,121 ·
Thank you. I also have a 2.5 Subaru (Legacy) and I don't mind having to "gun it" when I need the acceleration, in fact enjoy it sometimes. With the 3.6, so far I haven't had to gun it because it just flies with a slight touch to the accelerator pedal.

The wheels are 18" original that came with the car, these are standard in the US on the Limited trim on both the 2.5 and 3.6R.

Your name suggests you might be a fan of Hakkapelittas. I'm planning to get the R2s in November. We have a harsh winter here in New England and I'm looking forward to riding on some quality shoes.

#1,122 ·
Today I talked the wife into heading out for a drive in the Subaru. With a 2.5 year old and a 5 month old, this was quite the undertaking. :)

While researching the gravel road I wanted to drive, a Google link showed a GeoCache on the route. So, while we were there, we found that. I've known about that "game" for a while, but this was the first time we tried to find one. Fun times!!

Attachments

#1,123 ·
Picked up my New Crystal/White 2016 OB 3.6R today, but because it was Labor Day today they couldn't install the "Window Side Moldings", so hopefully those will be on sometime in the next week.

Then next week or the week after my EchoHitch should be installed.

Here's a quick pic of it while I was at the dealership taking delivery today -

Attachments

#1,130 ·
PiperCub- did you add labels to the map and see where it is parked? I did - and googled it - TSG Auto, a used car lot :O I am sure our cars were not sold, they probably just did a pick up there and will leave in the morning... fingers crossed! :)

ditto on the good wishes cbrig!

#1,134 ·
holy cow - boy is Clayton getting an earful from me (a good natured one) because I did not get a picture yesterday!! if only your pic was a wider angle maybe I could have sneaked a peek of mine... looks awesome! I hope the baby gets there soon (California, right?) :)

Reactions: Royal Subaru
#1,136 ·
Yes, California is where mine's headed. January was my sales rep and she was awesome! She texted me 5 pics of my car when it arrived at the dealership and 2 more when it was being loaded onto the truck. :smile2:
PiperCub - mine is on the move! I happened to refresh Starlink at 3:17 (mountain) and it showed in the street outside Accelerated and 20 min later it was a few towns west :) fingers crossed it isn't just being moved to another Accelerated lot...

Cheers, Clarice

Reactions: PiperCub
#1,137 ·
Outback in it's element

I've visited Rocky Mountain National Park for nearly 40 years but had never driven Old Fall River Road, one of the original dirt roads built around the time the park was dedicated in 1915. The road was severely damaged by the 2013 floods and just reopened this summer. So on Labor Day, we decided to take the day to drive the 9 mile one way dirt road. Great fun and we saw perspectives of the park we've never seen from Trail Ridge Road. I imagined Model T's doing this drive- can't imagine how they survived. The Outback took it all in stride and it was fun getting a little mud in the wheel wells (They have since been cleaned!).

Attachments

#1,152 ·
Yippee - our Outback has arrived in Boise! it is pretty dirty from the drive and the interior must not have been detailed, but driving it around for awhile it was all smiles!

one picture as it came off the carrier, it shows the Twilight Blue pretty nicely. Another parked at the top of my neighborhood at sunset so some glowing amber light, looks more grey.

LOVE LOVE LOVE it so far and can't wait to get everything figured out!!

Cheers Clarice

Attachments

#1,154 ·
Congrats shrxwin. Great color.

Reactions: shrxwin
#1,155 ·
Congrats, shrxwin! Mine arrived today too with a few bugs from traveling, but since it was tucked in the middle of the carrier, it was the cleanest one on the truck! Like yours, it seems to change color depending on the light, but I absolutely love it. The first challenge was finding the hood release, but my husband was finally successful in his attempt. Now to learn what all those knobs and buttons are for....

No problem with Accelerated whatsoever. The car was delivered in excellent condition (except for the few bugs which wasn't their fault) and it actually arrived sooner than expected. The driver let me take my time inspecting the car and even opened the hood for me so I could make sure it had the emissions sticker. I'm really pleased with both Heuberger and Accelerated, both of which were extremely professional, courteous and helpful. Hope yours is coming very soon, cbrig. Well worth waiting for.

#1,156 ·
agreed that Accelerated was easy to work with. ours was in the middle of the truck too, with a fancy pants Lexus on the same upper level but rear position and a sleek Mercedes in the upper level rear of the front carrier position. I had no interest in those two cars, made no jokes about him unloading one of them by accident. Our Outback was the prettiest and best of the bunch!!

PiperCub - was your clean on the inside? I knew we would have to take special care with the Ivory but I expected it to arrive clean (so we could just do a quick wipe down before the 303 went on) but we'll need to do a full detail before we can apply protectant now. grimy handprints all over door handles and even on the back seat area (both seatback and cushion)

But still happy about the whole process! saw the listing on their site 1-August, gave the deposit on 10-August, arrived on 11-September. Even if the local dealer would discuss a price in the range of Heuberger+shipping (he would not) it would have been probably 3 months instead of 1 month to wait! an added bonus - dealers in our area put a stencil of their dealership name on the truck/hatch and Heuberger did not. I never liked the idea of the car being branded by the dealer and now I don't have to deal with it! (Even when we bought a 6 year old Dodge truck from a Ford dealer, it has the Ford dealer's logo on the tailgate!)

but i ramble. Need to drink more coffee and then decide if we will wash the outside/detail the inside ourselves or take it to the Hand-Wash place!!

I look forward to pictures of yours PiperCub and an arrival story with pictures of yours cbrig!

Cheers, Clarice

#1,157 ·
Here are a couple of pics of my 2016 2.5 Premium that was delivered yesterday. One is while it was being unloaded from the truck and the other sitting in the driveway. Ours traveled from Denver between a new white WRX (also from Heuberger) that was going to a dealer in the Bay Area and a Porsche. And I'd take my Outback over either one of them! It was a little dusty inside, but not dirty and no grimy hand prints anywhere. I'll vacuum it this weekend.

I had clear mask put on the car at the dealer to protect the paint from the zillions of bugs that stick to the grill while driving here in our semi-desert. This morning I see my husband and neighbor pulling the plastic off the hood!! They thought it was "packaging" left over that the dealer forgot to remove and the neighbor said it would turn yellow in the extreme heat we have here. They both felt really bad when they realized what they'd done, but we can always have it done again locally. Now I need to use some Goo B Gone to try to get the sticker off the side window. It's stuck on there like a postage stamp!!

We've learned to use the radio and I can play my iPod....that's most important! The rest can come later....

Hoping to hear some good news from you soon, cbrig.

Attachments

#1,158 ·
Huge congratulations PiperCub - she is a beauty!! Great photos. I'm so glad to hear from you & Shrxwin that Accelerated provided a great service. Is that your VW bug in the garage? Love it.

Yikes re the clear bra ... sounds like something my husband would have done! At least your OB got that extra protection while being transported & like you said, you can have a new one put on. I'm sure the guys felt bad though ...

Shrxwin - I've haven't bought 303 protectant yet but plan to. Do you plan on using it right away? I'm with you on dealer branding - spoils the look of the car & it's not like we're being paid to advertise!

The OB will be mine - I researched it & chose it & did all the negotiating but I have to say my husband is as excited as I am. He's already said if it takes much longer to get here it will arrive on his birthday & so may as well be his birthday present ... not a chance :)

Still not picked up today but at least it has moved places in Heuberger's lot!

Enjoy your new car weekend both of you!!

#1,160 · (Edited)
Shrxwin - I've haven't bought 303 protectant yet but plan to. Do you plan on using it right away? I'm with you on dealer branding - spoils the look of the car & it's not like we're being paid to advertise!

The OB will be mine - I researched it & chose it & did all the negotiating but I have to say my husband is as excited as I am. He's already said if it takes much longer to get here it will arrive on his birthday & so may as well be his birthday present ... not a chance :)

Still not picked up today but at least it has moved places in Heuberger's lot!

Enjoy your new car weekend both of you!!
I took her to the hand wash place this morning after our hike, and they had trouble getting the handprints off the backseat. so i will work on that tomorrow and then apply the 303. meanwhile today was driving around town running errands. still LOVE LOVE LOVE it :)

my partner always said it was my car and she's stuck to it so no arguments there. Plus she has no interest in all the electronics so it will be mine forever :)

thanks for making me feel better about taking print screens of where it was parked in their lot for a couple of weeks hahaha isn't Starlink great? now that I have the car it is useless (fingers crossed I'm never in an accident and need them!)

today I took snapshots under the Fred Meyer sign, the Lowes sign, the Costco sign... :O I'll include one to stay on topic!

cheers! Clarice