What did you do with your 5th Gen Outback today? - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 3987Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 1.80 average.
post #11 of 4762 (permalink) Old 09-01-2014, 11:05 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-d View Post
What did you use for wax? I just waxed my wife's car but am not real happy with the stuff I used. I was going to hit my new outback before fall.
I used the Meguiar Ultimate Quik Wax. It has excellent reviews on Amazon. Plus, the wax process is way shorter than regular liquid or paste wax. Worth to give it a try!

http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G17516-Ultimate-Quik-Wax/dp/B001O7PNS2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409627059&sr=8-1&keywords=quik+wax

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 4762 (permalink) Old 09-01-2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giodog2000 View Post
I washed it inside and out....looks new again
I also discovered a small 2 inch scratch so I made a touch up. I still need to work on it a little but it'll look ok once I'm done with it....
How does the area look after touch up is applied. Would scratch remover be the alternative?

post #13 of 4762 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8WG8 View Post
How does the area look after touch up is applied. Would scratch remover be the alternative?
In my case, one of the scratch was a little too deep for scratch remover i had to fill it in a tad. It looks ok and you probably couldn't find it if i didn't tell you where to look, but i can still see it. I'll work on it a little more but the key to hide a touch up is to cover it with some clear once you are satisfied with the paint touch up. I aply it over my touch up with a very fine brush.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

_______
2015 Outback 3.6R Limited
2015 WRX
post #14 of 4762 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 06:06 PM

Car: 2017 Outback 2.5 Touring Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8WG8 View Post
I used the Meguiar Ultimate Quik Wax. It has excellent reviews on Amazon. Plus, the wax process is way shorter than regular liquid or paste wax. Worth to give it a try!

Amazon.com: Meguiar's G17516 Ultimate Quik Wax - 15.2 oz.: Automotive
I have no association with Meguiar's, but I also use and recommend their products because their Ultimate Quick Wax and Ultimate Liquid Wax are very easy to apply and remove, especially the Quick Wax. After a wash, it can be applied in 15 minutes and leaves a great shine. The best part is neither product leaves a residue on the black plastic trim. In fact, I use the Quick Wax on the black trim because it prevents fading from UV rays and it doesn't leave a high sheen. These products can be purchased at any WalMart, Target and most major retailers with Auto Supplies.

Mike
Mirkheim likes this.
post #15 of 4762 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 02:45 AM

Car: Crystal White 3.6R Limited with EyeSight, Popular package #5
Question for Johnny-D: Forgive my ignorance, but is that an aftermarket hitch? If so, is it better to go aftermarket than the factory hitch?
post #16 of 4762 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 06:09 AM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5 Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five sense View Post
Question for Johnny-D: Forgive my ignorance, but is that an aftermarket hitch? If so, is it better to go aftermarket than the factory hitch?
The factory hitch was over four hundred dollars. I planned on installing it myself but if you have one installed it is over $700.00 and it is a 1-1/4 hitch. Everything I own is setup for a two inch hitch. I have a modular bike rack that expands to four bikes and I didn't want to use an adapter, it is much stiffer mounted in a two inch hitch. I also tow a utility trailer and my attachments are two inch. The factory hitch looks better and will tow the same amount. I should have waited, other companies are coming out with nicer looking hitches that look more like a factory hitch. Torque lift I think also makes a good looking hitch or is coming out with one that is still half the price of a factory hitch.
post #17 of 4762 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 01:06 PM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-d View Post
The factory hitch was over four hundred dollars. I planned on installing it myself but if you have one installed it is over $700.00 and it is a 1-1/4 hitch.
Wow, your dealer is charging way more than mine. Subaru hitch with installation is $520. Price actually has been reduced . . . not that I'm going that route.
post #18 of 4762 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 07:08 PM

well, not today but last week...

loaded up the 2-week-old car to the rafters, strapped a 15' canoe on top, drove 300 miles to go camping. Still got nearly 30 MPG!

Not the 47 I was used to with my former TDI Golf, but not bad...
post #19 of 4762 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 04:49 PM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5 Premium
Got the Opti-Coat paint protection done on mine today, really makes that dark red pop.
post #20 of 4762 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrat69 View Post
Got the Opti-Coat paint protection done on mine today, really makes that dark red pop.
You know the drill...... Pics Please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

_______
2015 Outback 3.6R Limited
2015 WRX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: