Subaru Outback Forums banner

What did you do with your 5th Gen Outback today?

2M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  Usmc1968 
#1 ·
I washed it inside and out....looks new again :D
I also discovered a small 2 inch scratch so I made a touch up. I still need to work on it a little but it'll look ok once I'm done with it....

#3,482 ·
Swapped winter wheels/tires on Saturday and replaced with original wheels/tire combo on our 17 Premium. Drove @480 miles from the Pitt area to Chicago and obtained 31.1 MPG going 70 to 80 MPH mostly. Outback did great. Did step into a large pothole on US-30, but luckily no issues.... The winter plus winter wheel/tires (Blizzak WS80's) really do a number on the gas mileage. A couple of weeks ago traveling from Chicago to Pitt, I averaged a tad under 27 MPG. The only difference I can think off is the wheel/tire change, as this time of the year gas has normalized to Summer blend....

#3,494 ·
#3,493 ·
Drove from Chicago to Pitt on Friday, 60 - 80 mph most of the way on US30. Got 29.7 mpg. Took me two hours (crawling traffic) to get out to I-65 from the Morton Grove area and this killed mileage a bit.

#3,501 ·
Got 500+ miles on a tank of gas this last trip, it's incredible how well this thing does in middle Appalachia if you just baby it a little
I made it in before a 3.6 owner claims 600 miles on one tank. :|

#3,504 ·
Drove to Chicago from Pitt yesterday via Columbus, OH. Filled gas on Saturday and drove around Pitt (~15 miles) on Sunday. Then traveled to Columbus, OH yesterday for a couple of hours prior to heading back to Chicago (Deerfield area). My low fuel lamp came on ~6 miles from Deerfield, IL. Gas mileage was 32.7 mpg from Saturday in Pitt, to Deerfield, IL via Columbus, OH on Monday. Picture at gas station last night prior to fill up (car on, for picture). My TPMS lamp has been on for a week (since replacing winter set with regular set of tires/wheels). Need to go to Discount to reset it this week. I normally do not let the fuel level go below a quarter tank. Speed ranged between 60 to 80 mph depending on road and conditions. Impressed with the mileage and range for sure.

Attachments

#3,512 ·
Small upgrade

I finally added the window deflectors to my 2016 OB Limited with Eyesight. It will be 3 years in November and just now have been able to add them. My family is non-smoking (not that you have to smoke to have these) but it is nice to crack open the windows for added ventilation while in motion or in a parking lot. I also like the look of window deflectors on vehicles, it provides a different and more stylish appearance in my opinion. Part of my delay was the cost. For past vehicles, I could buy a set from WeatherTech for about $100. The OEM for the OB's are tagged near $200. So, over the course of the last several months I have researched after market and this is the final product. They were purchased from Amazon, the company is C&C Car Worx and cost $84.25! Personally, I was skeptical. I am not much for knock-off type brands when styling but I think they actually look like OEM. Except for a glued on sticker placed on them by C&C Car Worx...but those came off before the install. So there is no branding. They are adhesive 3M tape and are placed along the chrome trim. Install was easy but I was disappointed that there were no instructions included in the box. Took a 235 mile drive today and they stayed in place with no issues. So glad I got them.

Attachments

#3,514 ·
I was in Salt Lake City Costco filling up my gas yesterday before heading to Boise. The gas station wasn’t busy and there is plenty station available. After filling up, I started my car and wipe my hand clean and waiting the navigation to start up, as some of may know, the Outback’s navigation takes a while to start up. The attendant asked me to move over and I told me once I got my figured it out I will be moving out. Seconds later, he come back and ask me to leave again. I don’t understand what was the rush. The gas station wasn’t busy and can it just wait for a bit as I have no clue which direction to go. I just got a bit mad and feel the attendant was a bit rude.

從我的iPad使用Tapatalk 發送

#3,520 ·
I was in Salt Lake City Costco filling up my gas yesterday before heading to Boise. The gas station wasn’t busy and there is plenty station available. After filling up, I started my car and wipe my hand clean and waiting the navigation to start up, as some of may know, the Outback’s navigation takes a while to start up. The attendant asked me to move over and I told me once I got my figured it out I will be moving out. Seconds later, he come back and ask me to leave again. I don’t understand what was the rush. The gas station wasn’t busy and can it just wait for a bit as I have no clue which direction to go. I just got a bit mad and feel the attendant was a bit rude.
Costco is a very customer-focused company. I would PM them via Facebook with the video.