Infotainment system software updates and coding - Page 9 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 1.89 average.
post #81 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 04:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does anyone have a copy of the following files:

NU9020_USB_1st.exe
NU9020_USB_2nd.exe

I just recently purchased a 2015 Outback with Nav, and it still has NU9006. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 92 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 10:02 PM

Looking for the latest OU firmware files. I'm running OU9006 on my 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited with NO NAV.

Thanks in advance.

post #83 of 92 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 10:06 PM

Car: 2017 Outback Premium w/ power moonroof, dimming mirrors and power hatch. All weather package
Can't the dealer just do this next service?

I don't want my dealer messing with my Infotainment files. As they say, if it isn't broken, don't fix it.
post #84 of 92 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 10:03 AM

Car: 2015 3.6R Limited
The dealer can do it, yes, but they were frequently not doing it correctly (at least not on the first service visit). Additionally, most of the recent requests appear to be from folks with 2015 vehicles, which may no longer have warranty coverage.
post #85 of 92 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 12:49 PM

Hello, Can you please send me the NU9020_USB_1st.zip and NU9020_USB_2nd.zip please? I have a 2015 Outback with Navi.
post #86 of 92 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 01:28 PM

Car: 2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by brimath View Post
Hello, Can you please send me the NU9020_USB_1st.zip and NU9020_USB_2nd.zip please? I have a 2015 Outback with Navi.
You've posted this twice more in other threads. What you are asking is technically illegal, as Subaru charges for updates after a certain period of time. Posting the same thing in multiple threads will get people annoyed at you.

Dan

2018 Outback Touring 3.6R

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #87 of 92 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 04:29 PM

Eh, most of the charge is likely for the time it takes to install the update, which is significant if you follow the TSB to the letter. At one time, for reasons unknown, we actually had open access to these files. Obviously there's a reason the files are no longer public, but I didn't even feel slightly bad about downloading them and performing the update myself. Of course, I had already wasted a bunch of time at the dealer for the update, only to find out they (1) didn't install the latest version, and (2) didn't properly complete the installation. Both of which should have been impossible had they simply followed the directions.

That said, don't hold your breath, those files are long gone. There was one member emailing them for a while, and he has since said that he wasn't able to keep up with requests. He will no longer be sending anyone files, so your only option is to present your dealer with a USB drive and beg them to put the files on it for you. Even if they insist on charging you for that, it shouldn't be much.
post #88 of 92 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 08:20 PM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5 Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2dive View Post
I got an update to my radio firmware at the dealer ~2 months ago..
I am seeing issues which seem new
c) my Eco monitor and lifetime MPGs displays appear to be getting no data
The dealer screwed up when they installed the update. The update comes on two zip files, and requires two thumb drives. You unzip the files and copy them to the two thumb drives.

File number one has just one big file on it to be copied to thumb drive number one. Zip file number two has one big file and 2 or 3 smaller ones for thumb drive number two. If you only copy the big file from zip file number two to drive number two, the update will appear to work correctly. Unfortunately, Eco monitor and things WON'T work. You need to get ALL of the files out of the zip file onto the thumb drive.

Don't ask me how I know this...

One other footnote if you are getting this done, and you use the maintenance reminder feature of the car. The service information all gets set back to zeros. Best to save that info before updating the radio.

2015 Outback 2.5i Premium

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #89 of 92 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 10:11 AM

You didn't actually need two USB drives, I used the same drive by switching the files for the second part. Technically, the USB drive should have a capacity of 4GB or less. Folks were using larger drives with no issues (for the most part), but I re-partitioned a large drive to present itself as a 4GB drive just in case (a bricked HU is an expensive mistake).

The trick to not screwing up the installation is described in detail in the TSB: after installing the first update, you check the versions and reinstall if they're not all updated, then move on to the second update, again reinstalling if necessary.
post #90 of 92 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 10:30 AM

Car: 2001 Legacy L Sedan, 2009 Impreza Sedan, 2013 Crosstrek, 2016 WRX
It looks like sharing here is a big nono but I did download the files myself from TechNet with a $35 3-day pass last month.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=381

ammcinnis and AvidHiker like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: