Using Boomerang lights as DRLs - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 10:51 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm about to order the wire harness from Subispeed but there's no instruction how to install it. Since Outback does not have T10 LED to remove, I know that there's member of this forum who has done it but I could not find "HOW TO"
If you have any info on this, Please share.
I don't mind to order either the base, premium or STI harness.

Thanks again.
KD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 08:39 PM

Car: 2015 OB Ice Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydong View Post
I'm about to order the wire harness from Subispeed but there's no instruction how to install it. Since Outback does not have T10 LED to remove, I know that there's member of this forum who has done it but I could not find "HOW TO"

Thanks again.
KD
I could of swore I read/saw someone do this with an OB…?

$$$ thus far… Husky floor mats, seat protectors, splash guards, Subaru Forester/Kicker speaker & tweeter upgrade, ceramic window tint, 20mm sway bar, U-haul hitch, DRL disco, LED interior, WRX wheels with 245/65 AT tires, cabin air filter.
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 10:07 PM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
My bad.. the c light (LED hook lights) are off in auto mode during the day.
Are you sure? I thought they were always on. I will have to check mine in the light tomorrow.
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 10:33 PM

Car: '15 Outback Limited
I'm constantly amazed how people on this forum post links for add ons and months and months later not one single person buys & tries the add on in question. Confirming whether this harness actually works or doesn't work... This is a 90 day old topic, and people are still posting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGJ7821 View Post
Did anyone ever confirm if the subispeed harness works?
I've been on Sonata, Maxima, and Jetta forums over the past 10 years and only here do I see no one pull the trigger and be a guinea pig.

(disclaimer- my 2015 OB hit port 4 days ago so I'm really not in a position to test anything out)
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydong View Post

Thanks again.
KD
Their harness will not work on the outback for a two main reasons.
1. The Outback has a proprietary connector to our LEDs the T10 connector does not work.
2. The Outback has a more complex DRL system. If you turn your turn signal on it will disable the DRL on the side the turn signal is set to. The WRX's DRL is always on regardless of turn signal.

So with their kit if you got past the connector issue you would be stuck having the DRL turn off if you turn either the left or the right turn signal depending on which circuit you plug the add-a-circuit on.
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 05:25 PM
mtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringztoo View Post
I'm constantly amazed how people on this forum post links for add ons and months and months later not one single person buys & tries the add on in question. Confirming whether this harness actually works or doesn't work... This is a 90 day old topic, and people are still posting:

I've been on Sonata, Maxima, and Jetta forums over the past 10 years and only here do I see no one pull the trigger and be a guinea pig.

(disclaimer- my 2015 OB hit port 4 days ago so I'm really not in a position to test anything out)
I guess we'll have to wait until you get your car then.
Subbarao likes this.
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 11:31 PM

I've been checking this thread since we bought out OB last week. I was highly underwhelmed with the non-use of the C-light on our limited (coming from a European car and their fancy lighting). But looking at Subi Speed's site, Nasioc, and our own wire harness, it's looking like the STI/Limited harness should work. It is the same pin that is being replaced on both vehicle's harness connectors. So with that said, I decided to bite the bullet for the greater good. I'll post updates when the parts come in (along with their HID kit).
Subbarao, Koachs and UUUUU like this.
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 12:26 AM

Well, after some trial and error, I regretfully have to report I could not get the harness to work. I went off their instructions, then did some logical swaps as well and no love. The harness did not inhibit the other lights from working though which is a light at the end of the tunnel. If someone were to make a trip to Subispeed and have them chase the wires/pins we could have a solution.
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 05:45 AM

Car: 2015 OB Ice Silver
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gest24 View Post
Well, after some trial and error, I regretfully have to report I could not get the harness to work. I went off their instructions, then did some logical swaps as well and no love. The harness did not inhibit the other lights from working though which is a light at the end of the tunnel. If someone were to make a trip to Subispeed and have them chase the wires/pins we could have a solution.
Thanks for 'biting the bullet' and letting us know before wasting our time/cabbage.

That said, I'm getting ready to purchase the 'tail light as turn signal' kit which looks like it 'should' fit. I'll report the findings in another thread...
tgr-maverick and Lorenzo like this.

$$$ thus far… Husky floor mats, seat protectors, splash guards, Subaru Forester/Kicker speaker & tweeter upgrade, ceramic window tint, 20mm sway bar, U-haul hitch, DRL disco, LED interior, WRX wheels with 245/65 AT tires, cabin air filter.
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 11:38 AM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited w/eyesight
I have created the attached schematic from the 2015 New Tech Training Module 926 which, among other items, describes the DRL operation. We all know that disconnecting the resistor disables the OEM DRLs so I would begin there with my proposed Mod. Tapping from each Hi beam I would connect this to the corresponding "Boomerang light". I would use the indicated diodes to isolate the two circuits. I believe that this would retain the DRL operation using the Boomerang lights without affecting their normal operation.

Before I go "cutting and pasting" connections, any comments on the proposed mod and if anyone seeing anything that might fry my wiring?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DRL modified.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	153225  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: