Primitive Triple Armor installation - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:29 PM

Car: 2019 Subaru Outback Premium
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I attempted to install all of the skid plates from primitive on my 19 2.5. I got the snow shield, front and mid. Ill work on the rear diff end of the week.

I had an incredibly difficult time installing the mid skid plate and was only able to get one of the 2 rear mounting points secured. I found the tolerances are incredibly tight and could not get the screw to catch one thread of the threaded mounting point .

I tried what felt like everything to get it to work. I mounted the passenger side and tried to get the driver side in. I then mounted the driver side and then tried mounting the passenger side. I tried switching from the oval cut outs to the smaller round ones.. Nothing worked to get both rear points mounted. Eventually I just mounted the two front points and then tried again using the other smaller silver screw they provided as an alternative.

Anybody experience this? Any tips you guys can offer to get this squared away?

I might just dremel it to wide the mounting hole on the plate.

2019 Subaru Outback Premium | Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: