Body Side Molding - Page 4 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 07:37 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
got my first door ding and thankfully it hit the molding. 4 weeks after driving away with the car.

tullymn and Tail11 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 09:06 PM

Car: 2015 Outback Limited 2.5L, 2014 Forester Limited 2.5L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igloo View Post
Were you able to get the coworker to pay for the repair?
Yes, my wife got her to pay for it.

post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 03:09 AM

hello! need part number for outback 2015+
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 09:03 AM

Car: 2017 Outback 2.5i Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9ball1104 View Post
Personally, I think BSM looks low rent so I practice defensive parking instead.
I think it looks ok, especially if its the factory molding that is color matched...

post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 09:46 AM

Car: 2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin1971 View Post
Gads, that really sucks, especially when your wife told the co-worker that she was parked too close. Too many people are a**holes. Hmm, I have not heard of "paintless dent removal" before. Let's face it, it is inevitable that my OB will get a ding one day. I am going to have to research it for future reference.
I have done paintless dent removal done at least 3 times on my old BMW. Shop around for the best quality, not necessarily the best price. BTW, I have side moldings and color-keyed door edge guards on my OB. Side moldings also stiffen the door panels which may make the door sound more solid when closed.

Thank you
Russell Casey, 2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory with Eyesight. Build date: 7/19/16. Purchased 8/5/16 in USA. Currently about 22,000 miles.
Added LED backup, cargo, door courtesy lights and Lamin-X yellow film on LED fog lights. Nushield Dayvue antiglare screen, Soundproofed front/rear doors, floorboard, cargo floor, tailgate, cowl area & all wheel wells. 7/70 zero gold warranty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 09:08 AM

Car: 2017 2.5 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by robetrovich_daily View Post
hello! need part number for outback 2015+
Google search could be your friend.
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 10:49 AM

Car: 2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtime View Post
Here's my carbide gray with side moldings and wheel arch moldings. I'm happy I have them both.
Well oldtime, now you've cost me some $$$. I'm going to add the wheel arch moldings to my 3.6R Touring order (already have the BSM ordered). We were going back and forth on them, but after seeing your pics I managed to find some on a Touring in my specific color (green), and that sold the deal. For what I'm paying for the car, the moldings add only a small percentage!
russellpat likes this.
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 02:00 PM

Side molding strips help a little but not a lot. The strips are mounted to the car with an adhesive. Once they’re installed, they can’t be removed without causing paint damage if you should decide you don’t like them.

As what others have said about practicing ding prevention which is to put some thought into where you park:

Park in end spots.

Park within the parking space as far away as possible to the car parked next to you.

Park in the outer fringes of parking lots but do NOT hog up two parking spaces by parking diagonally across them. You might piss someone off if the lot fills up by denying them a parking space.

In my building’s parking garage, there’s a neighbor’s car parked adjacent to mine. I hang a couple of old bicycle tires on the outside rear view mirror just in case he’s careless or the door handle slips out his hand.

My parents used to own a Saturn which had impact resistant plastic body panels. This is the ultimate in ding and dent protection. I don’t know if in the future, auto plastic body panels will make a comeback.
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 06:39 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelipke View Post
Google search could be your friend.
giant DISLIKE for you!
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 11:12 PM

Car: 2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R, Crystal White Pearl
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctica View Post
Side molding strips help a little but not a lot. The strips are mounted to the car with an adhesive. Once they’re installed, they can’t be removed without causing paint damage if you should decide you don’t like them.

As what others have said about practicing ding prevention which is to put some thought into where you park:

Park in end spots.

Park within the parking space as far away as possible to the car parked next to you.

Park in the outer fringes of parking lots but do NOT hog up two parking spaces by parking diagonally across them. You might piss someone off if the lot fills up by denying them a parking space.

In my building’s parking garage, there’s a neighbor’s car parked adjacent to mine. I hang a couple of old bicycle tires on the outside rear view mirror just in case he’s careless or the door handle slips out his hand.

My parents used to own a Saturn which had impact resistant plastic body panels. This is the ultimate in ding and dent protection. I don’t know if in the future, auto plastic body panels will make a comeback.
They will come off just fine with fishing line and some patience. The 3m tape will come off as well. It would be a few hour process but there will be no paint damage if done the right way.

OBnube and FLWhite*17 like this.

2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R - Crystal White - Threw the Accessories book at it...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: