Driver Seat Squeak - Page 7 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
post #61 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 03:16 PM

Car: 2018 OB 2.5 Limited
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The nylon washer idea worked for a little while but now the seat squeak has returned. Talked to service and as we can see its a very common issue. Was told that Subaru is working on a new replacement part to try and resolve the issue and will be notified once its available.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 03:40 PM

Car: 2018 2.5 Limited Outback
This is great information. Mine started making the squeak at about 6000 miles in. i have about 9K on it now. Maybe i should take it in and request the nylon washers at the contact points as well...

post #63 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2016 OB 3.6R - Carbide Gray
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
Finally broke down and took it to the dealership yesterday... I have to drive over speed humps in the work parking lot daily, and the constant squeaking finally got to me. The tech intended to drive it to see if they could replicate it, but got it nice and squeaky by just getting in the car. They've ordered me a new seat, so I'll go back when that's in. Unless they've made a hardware change to the new seat, I expect I'll experience the same issue eventually, even though I tried telling everyone I talked to that the washer seems to be the fix, not new parts...
So far, I'm at almost 50k and I haven't had the issue come back. Knock on wood, I hope it doesn't, but so far it hasn't.
martin_j001 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #64 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 05:20 AM

Car: 2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1454 View Post
So far, I'm at almost 50k and I haven't had the issue come back. Knock on wood, I hope it doesn't, but so far it hasn't.

I'm hopeful to have a similar experience.
1454 likes this.

--Jeff
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
Overland Bound Member #13185

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #65 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 01:59 PM

I got a 3.6r Limited in May. The seat Creak started about a month ago. I'm on the heavy side (220), but have never had a car seat make noise. We've had Corolla, Camry, 4Runner, TSX, RDX, and Odyssey never did any of them make constant squeaking and creaking so i wouldn't expect these seats to be squeaking due to weight. I have the first service appointment Monday. Hoping they can effectively address the issue.
post #66 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 09:54 AM

Another squeaker here, 2018 3.6R Touring, started with 4K on it. Would love to avoid the dealership, especially given it seems to come back in most cases. Will keep the thread posted.
post #67 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 04:13 PM

Car: 2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring
Garage
2018 3.6R Touring and driver seat squeak since soon after buying 1 year ago. Took it in a while back and hey said nothing they could do despite trying. They said it was due to the power seat and noted it in others on the lot. Unacceptable imo. Going to bring it up again next trip for infotainment update
post #68 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2016 OB 3.6R - Carbide Gray
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by canisreevus View Post
2018 3.6R Touring and driver seat squeak since soon after buying 1 year ago. Took it in a while back and hey said nothing they could do despite trying. They said it was due to the power seat and noted it in others on the lot. Unacceptable imo. Going to bring it up again next trip for infotainment update
Find a way to replicate it before ever going back. Then when they come out take them for a drive or show them sitting still. I could get mine to do it just about anytime I would accelerate, and I also managed to get it to happen when shifting my weight back and to the right.

post #69 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 11:16 PM

Car: 2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring
Garage
They acknowledged the squeak, and it was replicable. They just said that there was nothing they could do to fix it (they tried) and gave me the national number to call to report the issue
1454 likes this.
post #70 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 02:12 AM

Car: 2018 3.6R Touring, Wilderness Green
Having the seat creak now too on my '18 3.6r At 8400 miles now and it started at 8000 miles. Mine is at the rear corner of the seat near the center console. I can replicate the sound just by pushing the affected area of the seat down. I only weigh 135lbs. This is really disappointing and super annoying. It creaks loudly whenever I adjust and when going over bumps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: