Subaru Outback Forums banner

Husky Weather Mats... Nice Price!

10K views 66 replies 31 participants last post by  Outbakkr 
#1 ·
Sheesh... unlike our thick, deep, chunky '03 Outback all-weather mats --> the 2016 rubber mats are WIMPY. Hey, Subaru -- take a lesson from . . . Subaru!!!

Okay, fyi Sears.com has Husky #99671 Weatherbeater for the 2016 models . . . both front and rear just 99 bucks (40 less than elsewhere + there's also a $5 coupon code SEARS5OFF50 . . . )

Just ordered, yup -- 1/2 cost Husky -vs- Weathertech wins!

Attachments

See less See more
#40 ·
I placed my order yesterday. Sears immediately charged my credit card (I receive instant alerts from the credit card company anytime there is a charge). This morning I received an email stating the liners are out of stock and that it will take up to a week to refund the money. Thanks for taking my money, Sears, for a product you don't even have in stock. Sleazy. Most places I've dealt with won't charge until the product ships.

#43 ·
Unfortunately, all of the items in your order are no longer available online, and we're very sorry we had to cancel this order. Your refund is being processed, and will be credited back to your original payment methods. Please note, it can take up to a week for credit card companies to release the original payment authorization.

Their site still shows them as available. There is a "hold" on the credit card funds, but the amount has not actually been charged. So, they didn't commit a fraud! How are they still in business?

#45 ·
OK, I ordered the same mats from Autoanything, for $99.95 plus tax, free Fedex shipping.

2015, 2016 Subaru Outback All-Weather Floor Mats - Husky Liners 99671 - Husky Liners WeatherBeater Floor Liners

The mats list for $139.95, but supposedly you can get 15% off with the code TAX15. That code does not work, however, so I had to make a phone call. My sales guy was a slick one. The website says that Autoanything pricematches, but when I mentioned the Sears price, the rep said that department stores and the like are excluded — and that besides, Sears probably charges shipping. I told him that Sears does not charge shipping on the Husky liners, and that the price-matching exclusion is nowhere on the Autoanything website. He then offered me 12% off ("otherwise it eats into our already-thin margins too much"), but I told him I was only interested in the price-matching offer.

Then he did two of those "let me check with my manager" BS maneuvers, and came back with "OK, my manager will approve that." To top it off, the rep then miscalculated my sales tax twice, in his favor (it was just a few dimes off, but still), and I had to correct him both times. And that, mercifully, was that.

I half-expect to get an order cancellation, as the universe does not seem to want me to be able to get these mats at a good price. :) We'll see.

P.S.: I just noticed another bit of sleaziness on the attached Autoanything order confirmation: no sales tax is listed (or rather, it is listed as $0.00). Odd, because my rep insisted he had to charge me $5.50 in tax. I just realized that since Autoanything doesn't have a physical presence in my home state, no sales tax should have been charged at all.

I do end up getting the same price that I would have paid at Sears, so I'm not exactly complaining about the end result; however, it's worth pondering the panoply of questionable tricks that Autoanything uses to wring every last dime from its customers.

Attachments

#47 ·
I've had Husky Liner mats in my old vehicle for over 12 years. They did great and held up well over those years so I just ordered some for my new OB. Auto Anything has them for 20% off right now so I got them for $112. They said they will price match up to a year so if Amazon lowers the price I guess I can get reimbursed for the difference. Just wanted to give a heads up if anyone was looking to buy these.

#50 ·
Did you do it through Amazon or the AutoAnything site?

I think the "special price" is through Amazon so although you would think it would be the same directly from the AutoAnything site, it may not be the case as you might be experiencing. I got the lower price through Amazon.

#53 ·
I think the sale expired. Both AutoAnything and Amazon list the Husky liners for $139.95. AutoAnything is having a 20% off sale but Husky is among the very long list of excluded manufacturers.

#56 ·
I got mine quite some time ago so at the moment they are 139.95 on Amazon.

I think you can do something on Amazon where you get notified of price drops. Something to do with a camel, lol.

Someone will know how to set that up, but here's one of the listings:

#54 ·
I just ordered last night, and at the top of Auto Anything's site, it said everything is automatically discounted 20%. I added the mats to my cart, and the $30 off or whatever it was, was already taken off the total.

I now see today the list of exclusions, but that wasn't there last night. I got an email confirmation from them so they best not try to change the price on me.

#60 ·
I ordered mine from AutoAnything directly Sunday afternoon. I entered the code (I think it was April20) for the 20% off and it worked for me. Paid $112. Received a confirmation from AutoAnything that the mats will ship today or tomorrow. Maybe they threw the Husky exclusion out there later on Sunday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.