Subaru Outback Steering Recall Thread - Page 7 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 450Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average.
post #61 of 1017 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 02:00 PM

Car: 2016 Wilderness Green 3.6R
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just dropped my two week old 3.6 at the dealership service department.
Service Manager had a box full of Customer files that he was working his way thru one at a time.
They seemed to be a bit flustered with not very much information to guide them.
They will be calling me back once they check the serial number.
He said that if it's in the recall range that I'll be picking up an Enterprise rental car upon my return.
He had no information about the repair, parts or parts availability.
Oh well, as they say, 'Welcome to Earth'...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1017 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 02:39 PM

Car: 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5, 2010 VW Golf TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by randsub View Post
They seemed to be a bit flustered with not very much information to guide them.
Yeah, after they found the problem with the steering they should have waited for a couple of months before issuing a stop sale recall to get parts out to dealerships, train mechanics, figure out ahead of time which customers need to be contacted, make it all nice and pretty.

I'm sure if there was a fatality or injury in the months between the time they discovered the safety problem and finally issued the stop sale recall there would be no possible civil litigations.

Maybe Subaru will learn from this how to conduct a nice orderly recall.

post #63 of 1017 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 03:19 PM

Car: 2016 Wilderness Green 3.6R
Mine is unfortunately, part of the recall. I was given a choice to pick up the Enterprise rental car or, refuse the service and take the Outback home.
They do not have any idea on how long it's likely to take for a repair.
I told them to put mine into storage and took the rental. If I refused I could have waited for things to sort out and contact them for the eventual repair.
Not knowing the exact nature of the recall or possible 'bad things' that might result it just seemed to me that it was better to leave it with them.
This could easily take a few weeks to get repair processes and parts out to every dealership. It will be interesting to see if Subaru offers up some type of compensation for the lost use of the vehicle.
post #64 of 1017 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 03:26 PM

Car: 2016 Outback Limited 3.6
Quote:
Mine is unfortunately, part of the recall. I was given a choice to pick up the Enterprise rental car or, refuse the service and take the Outback home.
I told them to put mine into storage and took the rental. If I refused I could have waited for things to sort out and contact them for the eventual repair.
Not knowing the exact nature of the recall or possible 'bad things' that might result it just seemed to me that it was better to leave it with them.
This could easily take a few weeks to get repair processes and parts out to every dealership. It will be interesting to see if Subaru offers up some type of compensation for the lost use of the vehicle.
I see a Subaru Shark vacuum in the your future...

I actually got one for the WRX, which had a recall for the intake, but I had already traded in the car for the Outback... lol. Hope they don't recall my recall gift.
Cedelchef likes this.

2016 Outback 3.6 Limited - 19mm Rear Stabilizer - LED Fog's / DRL
post #65 of 1017 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 03:27 PM

Car: 2015 Outback Limited 3.6 Carbide Gray Metallic Package 23 & 5
Garage
Quote:
I guess the free rental car would be enough compensation for me.

Rob W

Think twice before speaking once.
post #66 of 1017 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Lucky Texan View Post
good idea.

Last month, Toyota had a big recall for brake actuators, today, they recalled 10s of thousands of cars for an airbag system problem.

recalls and stop sales affect every manufacturer.

I know recalls affect every manufacturer. Still doesn't change the fact I can take delivery of a car today vs waiting till at the earliest next week at this point. If my wife had a car to drive I would wait, but she doesn't. Salesman/Dealer doesn't seem concerned about traing to find a way to save the sale, if they were concerned about our business they would do something vs just telling me don't worry you will have it next week.
post #67 of 1017 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 03:45 PM

Car: 03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugan99 View Post
I know recalls affect every manufacturer. Still doesn't change the fact I can take delivery of a car today vs waiting till at the earliest next week at this point. If my wife had a car to drive I would wait, but she doesn't. Salesman/Dealer doesn't seem concerned about traing to find a way to save the sale, if they were concerned about our business they would do something vs just telling me don't worry you will have it next week.
yep, sounds inconvenient - did you ask about a loaner? (they should have offered - guess it isn't an option)

Time Flies Like an Arrow,
Fruit Flies Like a Banana!
post #68 of 1017 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 03:47 PM

Car: 2017 Outback 3.6R Touring (Previous car was 2016 Outback Limited 3.6)
I took my 2016 Outback in today after making an appointment yesterday. Turns out I had a bad unit, so I am in an Enterprise rental (a 2014 Outback 2.5). The service writer mentioned that of 13 new Outbacks in their inventory, all but 2 needed the replacement steering component.

Hopefully I can get my 2016 3.6 back soon. They hinted at early next week, but they don't yet have the new part. At least I am driving an Outback.
post #69 of 1017 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 03:55 PM

Car: 2015 Outback Limited 3.6R White with Black interior Eyesight, Factory Trailer hitch and Pkg 5 Bought 2 25 15 Build date 2/15
At least you 2016 owners don't have cracking windshields, wind noise, bad radios/ navigation and a quirky electronic parking brake. LOL
post #70 of 1017 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 04:00 PM

Car: 2016 Outback 3.6R Limited#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016OutbackNJ View Post
I see a Subaru Shark vacuum in the your future...

I actually got one for the WRX, which had a recall for the intake, but I had already traded in the car for the Outback... lol. Hope they don't recall my recall gift.
Yeah or a Subaru dyson which is what they sent me for ordering the 3.6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: