All Manuals and Brochures for 5th gen OB - Page 7 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 06:51 PM

Car: 2010 3.6R Ltd MR/Nav & 2019 3.6R Ltd Pkg24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
I found this guy selling 2019 Outback service manual (complete as described on their website) for $90. They will compile everything and send a link to you.
I must be missing something. Why would anyone spend $90 with someone in another country who downloaded the manual from Subaru as opposed to simply downloading it yourself from the same place he got it from and spending only $35? Subaru charges $35 for the download (plus lots more than just the manuals) as detailed in this thread.

The official Subaru copy is already "compiled", bookmarked, and cross-referenced, and can be selected by VIN as I mentioned above. It already contains all the features he is touting. I fail to see what is gained for the more than double the price. His claim that only he can deliver in PDF format is clearly wrong. The Subaru manuals are always supplied in downloaded PDF format already. The North American manuals from the official Subaru TechInfo site are delivered as a single PDF file. All wiring diagrams are of course included in the official manual. I am not sure why he implies otherwise.

<soapbox mode on>
Anyone is of course free to buy bootleg copies of copyrighted material from eBay or any other source but I think Subaru's pricing of $35 is more than reasonable. Paying nearly three times that to get it from an unofficial source seems really odd to me.
<soapbox mode off>

John

ammcinnis and BillE507 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:19 PM

Car: 2015 Legacy Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD ... 2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercow2610 View Post
I found this guy selling 2019 Outback service manual (complete as described on their website) for $90. They will compile everything and send a link to you.
Why??? ... when you can download a legal copy (and a whole lot more) in PDF format direct from Subaru for $35 (72 hours access)???

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 01:58 AM

Garage
Ah, thats's part I missed. I thought you have limited access and unable to download. Thanks for the info
post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 08:45 AM

Car: '18 Outback Limited/Ex: 2000 Outback Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercow2610 View Post
Ah, thats's part I missed. I thought you have limited access and unable to download. Thanks for the info

There is a time limit, $35/72 hours. There are different prices and longer time limits available, but in 72 hours you can download a boatload of 'stuff'.

Bill
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 07:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillE507 View Post
There is a time limit, $35/72 hours. There are different prices and longer time limits available, but in 72 hours you can download a boatload of 'stuff'.

Bill
Thanks for the heads-up. This is my first time accessing SFM from the manufacturer
BillE507 likes this.
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 04:40 PM

Car: White 2019 Touring 3.6R, Silver 2015 Forester Touring 2.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillE507 View Post

Bill
That's what I did with my Forester. I got the whole owners manual and shop manual. I think it's the best way to go.
BillE507 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: