2018 headunit issues thread. - Page 184 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 664Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.60 average.
post #1831 of 1838 (permalink) Unread 04-08-2019, 11:10 AM

Car: 2015 Legacy Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD ... 2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jock View Post
... I wonder if I should disable bluetooth ...
I'm confused. How do you plan to do that if the HU is non-responsive (i.e. dead)?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 1838 (permalink) Unread 04-08-2019, 12:08 PM

Car: 2018 Outback 3.6r Limited
At 4 weeks out of service you may qualify for a Lemon Law buy-back in your state. An attorney can advise and should take it on contingency.

Of course, if you go through that hassle what do you buy as a replacement? Another Outback with potential problems? An Audi or Lexus for an additional $12K cost?

These Outbacks are really nice cars otherwise, but the interior problems (HU's and squeaking driver's seats) are maddening.

Dantrax likes this.
post #1833 of 1838 (permalink) Unread 04-08-2019, 02:25 PM

Car: 2018 Outback 3.6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammcinnis View Post
I'm confused. How do you plan to do that if the HU is non-responsive (i.e. dead)?
well, I suppose what I meant was when it, (HU), is sorted, ongoing - I may change the interface to USB only ilo BT + USB for Carplay + phone etc. The CarPlay is so hit and miss, not sure if the dual modes available are confusing the onboard abacus but it rarely fires as it should for maps via google maps and the TomTom experience takes me back 10 years.
post #1834 of 1838 (permalink) Unread 04-09-2019, 11:45 AM

Car: 2019 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight, "Wilderness Green Metallic"
Garage
I figured he meant to turn the Bluetooth off on his phone.
DaveTheNerd likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1835 of 1838 (permalink) Unread 04-11-2019, 02:11 AM

Car: 2018 Outback 3.6R
Took the car to the service people today - HU is dead. 6 week wait and I was told that I should have received a letter for the HU campaign S10509. Had I done that, the HU would have been fine - never received any letter except for the DTE thing. Really ordinary.

SO.. If anybody has any strange abberation with their HU, all white / blacking out, anything, get to the service mob and get the update that up till this arvo never existed which will save the HU from strife (apparently).
Contacted Subaru AU to ask if / when they sent it to me because apparently late February was when it was sent out acc to the service chap.

Subaru AU confirm as it's not a safety recall, it would be something done at a scheduled service. No letter. Get to the service mob if there is any glitch all you others out there!

Joy!
Dantrax likes this.
post #1836 of 1838 (permalink) Unread 04-13-2019, 04:07 PM

Car: 2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
Red face Finally...some GOOD NEWS

After 5 (yes FIVE) trips to the dealership and a month in the shop, I finally have Blubaru back with a fully functional head unit!! On day 2, it seems to be holding the presets and the back up camera is operating the way it should. I am cautiously optomistic that the issue is solved. So happy to have my Outback in my possession!
jakemccoy, Dantrax, Jock and 1 others like this.
post #1837 of 1838 (permalink) Unread 04-15-2019, 09:24 PM

Car: 2018 OB Limited 3.6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by atc98092 View Post
Keep holding it. It will reboot.
Thanks I finally used this to reboot it while on the road. Much better. Dumb that its necessary but much better.
DaveTheNerd likes this.
post #1838 of 1838 (permalink) Unread 04-16-2019, 04:08 PM

Car: 2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Touring
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasdman View Post
My HU went out on March 11, got an April 1 appointment. We have a 2018 Outback Touring, 9200 miles, bought last March 2018. Explained the HU was blank and nothing worked. Take it to the dealer on April 1st and they tell me... no shocker here... that it needs to be replaced. Duh? So they kept the car all day and did the recall for the mileage issue. Tell me when I pick it up they had to order a new HU and it will be 3-4 days, so I think, OK, not too bad....
Call them this morning and now its a month from April 1st for the new HU to arrive.
We have already called Corporate, so gonna call again. Just paid my SiriusXM bill for the year, it was on autopay, so going to ask about reimbursement for the past month and for another month that I have NO working radio in my Outback.
Dealer called, HU arrived. Appointment Friday Apr 19 to install and also code update. Fingers crossed. Been on several long road trips with no radio/xm/bluetooth and ready for this thing to be fixed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in