Fuel gauge recall 2018 - Page 31 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #301 of 308 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 09:49 PM

Car: 2017 Outback 3.6r
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by atc98092 View Post
Well, your car will always indicate an open recall until you do. And they (govt and manufacturers) are getting more aggressive to get people to address recalls.
I have to look at my letter again - but 99% sure it isn't a 'Recall' its just a software Update for the DTE...??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 308 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 10:04 PM

Car: 2017 Outback
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDJoviFan View Post
Quote:
Well, your car will always indicate an open recall until you do. And they (govt and manufacturers) are getting more aggressive to get people to address recalls.
I have to look at my letter again - but 99% sure it isn't a 'Recall' its just a software Update for the DTE...??
My letter stated it was a recall, I also had the Sirius radio updated.
Was in and out in 35 minutes

post #303 of 308 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 10:21 PM

Car: 2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
It's listed on the US government web sites as a recall, so it will absolutely show that until it's completed.

Dan

2018 Outback Touring 3.6R

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #304 of 308 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 12:24 PM

Car: 2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
I finally went in to get mine fixed a few weeks ago. I was hesitant as I figured they'd scratch something or create a squeek. No issues though, at least nothing apparent.
I never use the miles to empty feature or half the other nonsense stuff. Being old school I use the gas gauge and/or the trip odometer.
I still wanted to know how much gas was left when my idiot light reminder came on. I put a small filled gas can and funnel in the car (in case I ran out of gas) and drove it low till the light came on yesterday. The light came on just barely below the 1/8 mark on the gauge fyi. I drove another 7 miles before getting gas. The tank then took 15.95 gallons to fill.
So it appears all is well, at least good enough for me now that I know. I'll probably never see the idiot light come on again.
post #305 of 308 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
It's listed on the US government web sites as a recall, so it will absolutely show that until it's completed.

that's fine - I can have it taken care of when/if I ever sell the car to me it's not really a 'safety' issue - and for them to have to remove part of the dashboard is ridiculous - it's a 2017 - they should have known then there would be updates needed at some point and they should have made it 'idiot proof' for the dealer technicians... :/
post #306 of 308 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:46 PM

Car: 2018 3.6R Touring, Dark Blue Pearl
I had the DTE recall work done on my 2018 3.6R Touring about a month ago, since I was at the dealer for service anyway. My MO for all prior cars has been to fill the tank when the gauge hits 1/4 full, so doing it for the Outback wasn't any different. But I did know from experience that some of my prior cars would have A LOT of gas left in the tank (up to 3 gallons) even with the warning light on and gauge near empty. This isn't a rigorous check by any means, but with the gauge at 1/4 yesterday, I put 13.8 gallons into the Outback. That's almost right on the nose for a 18.5 gallon tank, which really surprised me. I guess I'll start paying attention to the DTE readout, to see how closely it matches.
post #307 of 308 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:21 PM

Car: 2018 Outback Premium 2.5L w/ Eyesight & moonroof (Crimson)
I got mine done today while it in for its first oil change. Dash seems fine, but they forgot to hook the trip reset button back up. Luckily, I noticed while I was still in the area that I couldn't toggle to trip B or reset to zero (it was stuck on trip A), so I took it back. Only took about 5 min for them to fix, and they were very embarrassed and apologetic. LOL

On the plus side, they also did a head unit software update, and this may be anecdotal, but it seems like Android Auto is connecting and available to use much faster than it has been. (One day last week, it wouldn't even connect at all.)
MDJoviFan likes this.
post #308 of 308 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieGrl View Post
I got mine done today while it in for its first oil change. Dash seems fine, but they forgot to hook the trip reset button back up. Luckily, I noticed while I was still in the area that I couldn't toggle to trip B or reset to zero (it was stuck on trip A), so I took it back. Only took about 5 min for them to fix, and they were very embarrassed and apologetic. LOL

On the plus side, they also did a head unit software update, and this may be anecdotal, but it seems like Android Auto is connecting and available to use much faster than it has been. (One day last week, it wouldn't even connect at all.)

another reason for me Not to take it in yet - seems ot be causing more problems...it seems to me that they should not be forgetting to plug things back in.... too bad they can't update my head unit to actually get Android Auto but it's not avail on the 2017...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in