The I Put Wheels From Tire Rack on my 2019 and Got TPMS to Work Thread - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 03:22 PM

Car: 2018 328d Wagon / 2018 3.6R Touring
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
I think I need this tool...
It took me 15 minutes to install the software on my PC, another 15 to update the tool to the latest software, and 15 more to do the procedure on my car. 45 minutes. Next time the car will take 5 minutes, I was being ultra-paranoid since I'd never played with a TPMS tool before.

But, this truly ticks me off for two reasons. One, the tool solves a problem Subaru could have made a built-in feature to the car's software. I could do with a couple fewer chimes if this was a software selection. Second, okay, you need to pay the dealership.....if it was $20-$25 to have the Subaru dealer do it, I could live with it. But, at $150 a whack, this tool will pay for itself in the spring when I put my 3 season wheels back on.

martin_j001 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
I think I need this tool...

here is one,

https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...-tool-new.html

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans, scroll down to "your car":
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 04:46 PM

Car: 2019 Outback Limited
Had new wheels put on today and my TPMS works normal with no problems. It’s a 2019 Outback Limited.

Not sure if Discount Tire did anything or not.
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2019 2.5i Limited PZEV, EyeSight, Magnetite Gray Metallic, Black Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfdal View Post
When I updated the unit it went flawlessly, it looks like they've made a version release since GrumpySquatch received his unit. I did notice one discrepancy and was wondering if maybe a typo "Sys from V1.19 --> V1.70" My system shows at V1.2

Just a follow-on edit, it worked and worked perfectly the first time. I ever meet you in person GrumpySquatch, the beer is on me.
Likely not a typo but a write-o I noted the software changes on a Post-It next to my computer so I may very well have written them down incorrectly.

So you're saying that after programming you can now see the pressure values on the screen or is that still a problem? I didn't follow the 8-mile drive after snow tires part.

Mods:
- Curt 2" Receiver Hitch
- Husky front & rear floor liners
- LED interior & exterior bulbs (backup, license plate, door puddle)
- Method MR 501 wheels, Titanium gray w/ Yokohama Geolandar G015 225/65R17
- Optima Yellowtop Group 34 battery
- PIAA Solar Yellow 2500 fog lamps

RIP 2016 Outback 2.5 Limited; totaled 10/14/18

post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9kids View Post
Had new wheels put on today and my TPMS works normal with no problems. It’s a 2019 Outback Limited.

Not sure if Discount Tire did anything or not.
They must have. Sounds like some Discount Tire places have mastered getting the TPMS reprogrammed for their Outback customers. I'm assuming if it was a separate charge you would have seen it on the invoice. Maybe they just factor it into the cost of installing the tires? That's way better treatment than my Subaru dealer was going to offer me. All I did for them was buy a $41000 car........
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
Different tool. This thread is about the Autel TS508, not the ATEQ Quickset.

Mods:
- Curt 2" Receiver Hitch

post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpySquatch View Post
Likely not a typo but a write-o I noted the software changes on a Post-It next to my computer so I may very well have written them down incorrectly.

So you're saying that after programming you can now see the pressure values on the screen or is that still a problem? I didn't follow the 8-mile drive after snow tires part.
Works perfectly now.

What bothered me is that I drove for over 8 miles, a lot of it at 40+ mph with unprogrammed sensors and never got a TPMS light on the dash. Once I did the programming, I had pressure values within 2 miles.
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 10:57 PM

Car: 2019 OB 3.6R Limited, and 4 VW TDI bugs.
Quote:
Works perfectly now.

What bothered me is that I drove for over 8 miles, a lot of it at 40+ mph with unprogrammed sensors and never got a TPMS light on the dash. Once I did the programming, I had pressure values within 2 miles.
That is pretty normal and what I have seen.
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Works perfectly now.

Others have reported that the system is capable of relearning positions when tires are rotated and the sensor IDs remain the same, just in different places. So there has to be some kind of timeout window in the code where the system tries to match the IDs in new positions to the list in the ECU but doesn't throw an error. Perhaps 8 miles doesn't exceed that window. I hope that if you go long enough it would appear, but glad we can reprogram the system now and avoid the problem in the first place.
lfdal, Boertje and martin_j001 like this.

Mods:
- Curt 2" Receiver Hitch

post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 10:35 AM

Car: 2019 OB 3.6R Limited, and 4 VW TDI bugs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpySquatch View Post
Others have reported that the system is capable of relearning positions when tires are rotated and the sensor IDs remain the same, just in different places. So there has to be some kind of timeout window in the code where the system tries to match the IDs in new positions to the list in the ECU but doesn't throw an error. Perhaps 8 miles doesn't exceed that window. I hope that if you go long enough it would appear, but glad we can reprogram the system now and avoid the problem in the first place.
Can the ts508 also reprogram using the stock Subaru sensors on 2018s? I have a set of snows with rims and Oem sensors. Subaru wants an arm and a leg to reprogram and discount tire is a zoo this time of year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: