The I Put Wheels From Tire Rack on my 2019 and Got TPMS to Work Thread - Page 4 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 12:27 PM

Car: '14 Subi OBW, '02 Subi OBW (gone now, but well loved), '15 Toyota Sienna, '13 Honda CR-V
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aba4430 View Post
After clearing the DTC, there was no TPMS warning lamp on.
I've been doing uploads on TPMS on 4 vehicles (winter & summer tire changes) since 2011 with an ATEQ Quickset, Autel TS-408, and now have a TS-508. I've not had system operational issues, so probably no DTC's set. But as these are not the typical P0xxx or P1xxx codes, what DTC did you get, what tool did you use for reading it out, and what tool did you use for clearing it? Thanks!

2002 OBW base model with automatic. Added: CD player, Security System, tweeters & subwoofer, trailer hitch, lighting mods, cabin filters, hood deflector, drivers lumbar mods, winter tires.
2014 OBW Premium, CVT & Moonroof. Added: trailer hitch, lighting mods, upgraded horn, winter tire/wheel/TPMS package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibber2 View Post
I've been doing uploads on TPMS on 4 vehicles (winter & summer tire changes) since 2011 with an ATEQ Quickset, Autel TS-408, and now have a TS-508. I've not had system operational issues, so probably no DTC's set. But as these are not the typical P0xxx or P1xxx codes, what DTC did you get, what tool did you use for reading it out, and what tool did you use for clearing it? Thanks!
I meant the TPMS lamp; I equated it to a DTC. The tool prompted me to clear DTC codes, and I selected the option to do it. The TPMS lamp went out and I did not even have to drive it for it to go off. When I had Discount Tire do it last year, I had to drive a few minutes at least before the lamp went off.

• 1987 Brat GL
  • 1995 JD LX178
  • 1998 Z3, 2.8
  • 2000 328Ci
  • 2013 SX4 SB
  • Subaru RGV12100
  • 2017 Outback
  • 2018 Titan CC Pro4X
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:33 PM

Car: '14 Subi OBW, '02 Subi OBW (gone now, but well loved), '15 Toyota Sienna, '13 Honda CR-V
Interesting! So the TS508 allows you to clear out any lingering issues as well as upload the new ID codes. Good to know. Thanks.

2002 OBW base model with automatic. Added: CD player, Security System, tweeters & subwoofer, trailer hitch, lighting mods, cabin filters, hood deflector, drivers lumbar mods, winter tires.
2014 OBW Premium, CVT & Moonroof. Added: trailer hitch, lighting mods, upgraded horn, winter tire/wheel/TPMS package.
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:27 AM

Car: 2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R Crystal White Pearl/black interior
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrmn6 View Post
Picked up the TS508K (TS508 with 8 MX sensors) from Advanceauto for $254.39 after tax, free shipping. Used the 25% off coupon from retailmenot and got $80 off the list of $319. I had to use the Opera browser in order for the order to work properly for some strange reason.
I was unable to order the TS508K from the Advance Auto website. I figured out the problem. I was attempting to order the wrong part #. Thank you for the clarification, @Scrmn6.
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:38 AM

Car: 2019 Outback Touring 3.6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkland View Post
I was unable to order the TS508K from the Advance Auto website. They must have been upset with people receiving the 20-25% discount off the unit.
I ordered the top item, part # ts508kmv-1. I did not login and did the order as anonymous, and used the Opera browser as Firefox, Safari, and Chrome did not work. Get the coupon from retailmenot[dot]com. There are 3 part numbers for this and only the one mentioned works.
Sparkland likes this.

Steve

------
Currently in the stable:

2019 Outback Touring 3.6R - Black
2014 XV Crosstrek - Orange
1987 Grand National - Black
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 11:31 AM

While the TS-508 with 8 included sensors seems like a great deal, in the long run the savings might not be as much as you think...

The problem is that the package includes the old style sensors: 4 of the 315mhz and 4 of the 433mhz. These were superseded by dual band MX-1 sensors over a year ago (maybe long). The TS-508 has been out in the marketplace 2 years this April, so may of these "K" kits could be 15 to 20 months old at this point. Most places don't even sell them anymore. If you have immediate need for units of both frequency and will put all 8 right into service, the price can't be beat. But if not (one set will remain in the kit unused, for instance), you might be better off just buying the tool and new style sensors as you need them.

The old sensors were heavier, while the new ones are the reduced weight and form factor very similar to the new Schrader EZ 33500. It's easier to balance with less applied external weights. With revised electronics and fewer internal parts count, battery life is likely longer too. And they include both transmitters in one shell for maximum flexibility and all applications.

You can order MX-1's with rubber valve stems for around $90 for a set of 4, metal stems for around $100. I bought 4 metal ones on ebay recently for $98. Just something to consider....
Sparkland likes this.

post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 09:59 PM

The package includes 8 identical sensors plus 4 metal valve adapters in a box. They used to kit it with 4X 315 MHz + 4X 433 MHz sensors in the past. I am out of state, but will post pictures upon return. The kits Advance ships out are quite fresh based on the date code I remember. I got $50 off with an Advance coupon. Some folks are getting $80 off $320. My kit was @$285 with taxes delivered. The best prices I noted for the TS508 itself were @$235 at the time I bought my kit.
Fibber2 likes this.

• 1987 Brat GL
  • 1995 JD LX178
  • 1998 Z3, 2.8
  • 2000 328Ci
  • 2013 SX4 SB
  • Subaru RGV12100
  • 2017 Outback
  • 2018 Titan CC Pro4X
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 08:40 AM

Sweet! Yes, I still see a bunch of the very old kits with black and orange sensors, older kits with all black dedicated 315(4) and 433(4), and some sellers with the NEW dual band sensors and 4 extra metal stems.

Last year I bought the TS508 alone for $215, and then 4 sensors for $98 so I'm in for $313. If you can score the tool plus 8 new style sensors for only $285 you have indeed done very well!

post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 09:20 AM

Car: 2019 Outback Touring 3.6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibber2 View Post
While the TS-508 with 8 included sensors seems like a great deal, in the long run the savings might not be as much as you think...

The problem is that the package includes the old style sensors: 4 of the 315mhz and 4 of the 433mhz. These were superseded by dual band MX-1 sensors over a year ago (maybe long). The TS-508 has been out in the marketplace 2 years this April, so may of these "K" kits could be 15 to 20 months old at this point. Most places don't even sell them anymore. If you have immediate need for units of both frequency and will put all 8 right into service, the price can't be beat. But if not (one set will remain in the kit unused, for instance), you might be better off just buying the tool and new style sensors as you need them.

The old sensors were heavier, while the new ones are the reduced weight and form factor very similar to the new Schrader EZ 33500. It's easier to balance with less applied external weights. With revised electronics and fewer internal parts count, battery life is likely longer too. And they include both transmitters in one shell for maximum flexibility and all applications.

You can order MX-1's with rubber valve stems for around $90 for a set of 4, metal stems for around $100. I bought 4 metal ones on ebay recently for $98. Just something to consider....
The kit from advance has 8 of the new MX-1 dual band sensors, and 4 metal stems included.

Steve

------
Currently in the stable:

2019 Outback Touring 3.6R - Black
2014 XV Crosstrek - Orange
1987 Grand National - Black
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 06:46 PM

Car: 2018 328d Wagon / 2018 3.6R Touring
Just a follow-up. I put my 3 season tires back on today, used the tool to relearn the sensors into the OBD2. Five minutes from start to finish. A short drive later and the system is all set.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: