2019 Head Unit/Radio/Nav Issues - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2019 White 2.5 Premium
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2019 Head Unit/Radio/Nav Issues

2019 Premium with the 8" HU. Purchased mid-September; one of the first 2019s to arrive at my dealership.

Within a couple of weeks of purchase, I noted that my AM and FM presets would disappear within a few days of being set. The Sirius presets have persisted for weeks though.

I've checked in with the dealer a few times, and they say there's "Nothing we can do. We're waiting for a software update."

Anybody else have this problem in a '19? And more importantly, has anybody gotten it fixed?

-Darrin

P.S. I haven't noticed any other problems with the HU.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 12:24 AM

My 19 works fine, hope it gets fixed

post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 09:49 AM

Car: 2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R, Crystal White Pearl
Garage
so it begins for the 19's. Sorry!

2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R - Crystal White - Threw the Accessories book at it...
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 12:14 PM

Car: 2019 Subaru Forester Premium, Crystal Black Silica, Pkg 15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback#2 View Post
2019 Premium with the 8" HU. Purchased mid-September; one of the first 2019s to arrive at my dealership.

Within a couple of weeks of purchase, I noted that my AM and FM presets would disappear within a few days of being set. The Sirius presets have persisted for weeks though.

I've checked in with the dealer a few times, and they say there's "Nothing we can do. We're waiting for a software update."

Anybody else have this problem in a '19? And more importantly, has anybody gotten it fixed?

-Darrin

P.S. I haven't noticed any other problems with the HU.
This has been noted a couple of times on the Ascent forums. Go check them out, I think Robert found a fix for it. It had something to do with the key fobs etc.

Pilot, Subaru Ambassador, Northern NJ Area
2019 Forester Premium, Crystal Black Silica & Black Cloth, Package 15
Former 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited & 2009 Legacy 2.5i Limited

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 12:55 PM

Car: 2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R Crystal White Pearl/black interior
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1226 View Post
This has been noted a couple of times on the Ascent forums. Go check them out, I think Robert found a fix for it. It had something to do with the key fobs etc.
It might be a related problem, but since the Ascent HU is completely different than the present Outback, I am not sure the same fix would be applicable.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 08:22 AM

Car: 2019 Outback 3.6R Touring - Cinnamon Brown Pearl
A software update was released for the 2019s this past Monday. I had it applied this week. See this for more. Hope it works.
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 07:38 PM

Only one minor issue so far with the new update: on starting the car the last time, it failed to recognize my iPod Touch as a media source (I use that for my MP3's). That's never happened before with my 2019.

However, this happened every now and then with both my 2015 and 2017 OB's, so (knock on wood), I'm not particularly worried . . . yet. The issue always went away the next time the car was started.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 08:11 PM

Car: Sometime in December 2019 Crimson 3.6R Limited 2010 Murano SL, 2008 Mazda MX5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrywaz View Post
Only one minor issue so far with the new update: on starting the car the last time, it failed to recognize my iPod Touch as a media source (I use that for my MP3's). That's never happened before with my 2019.

However, this happened every now and then with both my 2015 and 2017 OB's, so (knock on wood), I'm not particularly worried . . . yet. The issue always went away the next time the car was started.
Thanks for the heads up on the update being available. I have asked the dealer to update mine before delivery next week.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 07:34 AM

Car: 2018 Outback Limited 2.5 w Eyesight
Garage
Just had a brand new head unit put in my 2018 - it is the 2019 edition head unit. Replaced the legendary 2018 head unit. Within 4 days the FM presets disappeared. So, I don't think this is over yet.

Considering Toyota owns part of this company why don't they just use the Toyota software system? It works!
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 08:57 AM

I've only seen three minor (so far, knock on wood) "annoyances" with my 2019 Outback Touring.

1. During the first week of owning the car, I once experienced not being able to get any volume for any of the radio/media sources. A restart fixed this. Have never experienced that since.

2. As I mentioned previously, I use an iPod Touch for mostly playing music. Every so often the iPod Touch does not get recognized after I start up the OB (the iPod Touch has plenty of battery power and is not low). An unplug/replug-in of the USB cable on the Touch sometimes works. Other times it takes a restart.

3. If I start the car, put on a local HD radio station, and then back out of the garage, the radio may cut out for a while. About 5-10 seconds of going forward and the station comes back. Happens so regularly, it feels like a "feature."

Hoping this is all I ever see. Completely up-to-date on all firmware updates.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: