2019 OB All Season Mats (Weathertech vs 3D Maxpider) - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 05:45 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by flames9 View Post
my next set of mats: https://www.tuxmat.ca/ can get them off amazon.com for the USA as well
While those look nice (minus the price!), they look like they'd get torn in a matter of months. The top layer says PVC but it almost looks like a neoprene type fabric. I bet that middle foam layer would show through, especially towards the heel pad in no time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 08:59 PM

Car: 2016 Outback Limited R Edition (red) Eyesight/Nav and 2016 Forester Touring with Eyesight/Nav
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
While those look nice (minus the price!), they look like they'd get torn in a matter of months. The top layer says PVC but it almost looks like a neoprene type fabric. I bet that middle foam layer would show through, especially towards the heel pad in no time.
IM not sure..I have only read short term reviews on a Acura RDX and a Volvo XC60....and they all spoke highly of them.....Biggest thing was they covered more area and very comfortable. If bought at Costco, would be too easy to take them back!!

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 09:12 PM

Car: 2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
I've found that with anything aftermarket when I new model year comes around, even when it's the same car, it takes those "will it fit" thingamabobs a minute to catch up, so you just have to go off of the previous year.

I've had both in different cars, and prefer the Weather Techs, but in case you live in a hot climate, I found that the Weather Techs tended to deform over time from being in the hot car.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

I'm going to trust and order one even though Amazon is wrong! lol

Btw, odd but its $10 cheaper to buy front/rear separate vs as a complete set

Thanks everyone
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 09:09 AM

Car: 2015 Outback 3.6R Package 23
There was a big Husky vs WeatherTech thread back in 2015. At least then, Husky had a high lip around the fuel door lever on the floor. If you're trying to trap snow melt, it will keep the carpet dryer. I have no idea if WeatherTech changed their mold.

I had WeatherTech in my last car. All else equal, I prefer the plastic WeatherTech uses over what Husky uses. I ski and track a ton of snow into the car. I picked function over form.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 09:21 AM

Man, those Huskys are ugly. They make the sophisticated vehicle with leather seats and wood trim look like a school bus. They don't fit very well either. I had the Weather Techs in my STI and while I loved them, they were also pretty ugly.

Since I live in San Diego with no snow, I got the 3DS Maxpider. They cover around more of the fuel latch and up to the top of the dead pedal, nothing getting behind the dead pedal. They look really nice, and fit like a glove. Literally, they look like they are an OEM part of the car. They're also about $80 cheaper than the Weather Techs. So far with the heavy rains we had this past week, these things have held up like a champ. If I had to do it all over again, I'd pick the Maxpider.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 09:32 AM

Car: 2018 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post

+1 for Tuxmats. All of the reviews show they don’t wear out, and $267 Canada (including S&H) = ~$200US, which is comparable to Weathertech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 09:35 AM

$200 for those? That's steep! I'd still get the Weathertechs because of name recognition and tried and true performance. I sold my Weathertechs when I sold my STI. Got about 5 offers for them within hours. Can't say I'd get the same with another unknown brand. I don't know if I'd pay $200 for floor mats as a full set of Weathertechs can be had for $160 through eBay sellers.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 05:37 AM

Car: 2019 3.6R Limited Grey/Grey
Good Fit For 2019 Outback

3D MAXpider #B014KPNRC8

Very nice mats. Less expensive to buy separate front and back.

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:23 AM

Car: 17' Outback Touring 3.6R
+1 for the maxpider. 2yrs into them and they still look great. I don't care about brand recognition. I care about what is functional and how it blends into the car's looks. In that order as well. The maxpider's fit perfectly and have an OEM look, and they've taken all the crap I drag into the car during the snow and pouring rain. They wipe down easily. No issues.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

russellpat likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: