2018 Guaranteed Trade-in request - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2018 Guaranteed Trade-in request

Hoping that someone with a similar car to mine might be willing to post or PM their current guaranteed trade value. Mine is a 2018 3.6R limited, with basically every option that I'm aware of. Sticker was $38,800. Car has roughly 10,600 miles on it. I'm only interested in GTV on 2018 similar cars, as I'm trying to see how these head unit issues are affecting resale, vs. what Subaru guarantees for trade-in. My car isn't eligible for GTV until April, which is why I'm asking. We're basically ready to bail on the car because of the ongoing issues, but as I was getting offers from the online car buying services I've been borderline shocked to see how low they are. Mostly in the $26K - $27K range, which is way lower than I expected and very atypical of Subaru I thought.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 09:16 AM

Car: 2018 3.6R Limited
The Guaranteed Trade-In Program Value for your 2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited with up to 15,000 miles is:
$30,900^

There you go, my sticker was about the same, loaded 3.6R limited with PP #2
Now with crazy discounts lately this is almost price of brand new with 0 miles. Problem with GTP is that you gotta buy another Subaru. And what are your options? Ascent? Under-powered new Forester?

post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 01:47 PM

Car: 18 Outback 3.6r Touring
Mine is $32,075. Almost tempting as I only paid $35,000.
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 08:33 AM

Car: 2018 328d Wagon / 2018 3.6R Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmarshall View Post
For the extra cost, the Touring isn't worth all that much more. Which is too bad since that's what I have.

I'll be checking the prices when April rolls around and be curious to see what another 3 months do to the price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 09:55 AM

Car: 2018 3.6R Limited
Probably not much, the price will vary +/- $500. However, mileage requirement will stay the same, so if you get over 15k miles, trade in value will be adjusted for miles over that.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 12:19 PM

Car: 2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R Crystal White Pearl/black interior
Garage
Just wondering when the 15K mileage requirement will be adjusted - after the first year of ownership? I have a 2018 with 20K, owned for about a year and a half. When will the GTP be valid for say, 25K?
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 12:47 PM

Car: 2008 OB Limited 2.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkland View Post
Just wondering when the 15K mileage requirement will be adjusted - after the first year of ownership? I have a 2018 with 20K, owned for about a year and a half. When will the GTP be valid for say, 25K?
It goes by model year and is unaffected by your purchase date. Numbers are updated monthly, and there is a maximum mileage, which, if exceeded, may require an "adjustment" of 0.20/mile for miles over this maximum. Since a 2018 trade-in is currently listed at 15k miles max, your adjustment would be $1000 - and at your rate of accumulation, you might always be in the adjustment category as their table adjustments won't outrun your accumulation.

Details here:
https://www.subaru.com/guaranteed-tr...ram/rules.html
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 12:51 PM

Car: 2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R Crystal White Pearl/black interior
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnre View Post
It goes by model year and is unaffected by your purchase date. Numbers are updated monthly, and there is a maximum mileage, which, if exceeded, may require an "adjustment" of 0.20/mile for miles over this maximum. Since a 2018 trade-in is currently listed at 15k miles max, your adjustment would be $1000 - and at your rate of accumulation, you might always be in the adjustment category as their table adjustments won't outrun your accumulation.

Details here:
https://www.subaru.com/guaranteed-tr...ram/rules.html
Thank you for the information. We purchased the car pre-owned with 17K miles on it in August for a decent discount. My wife only puts about 5K on her cars each year, so there is a chance we will catch up. Not looking to really trade, but I do like the Ascent (she does not).
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 01:04 PM

Car: 2019 Ascent Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggravy View Post
Hoping that someone with a similar car to mine might be willing to post or PM their current guaranteed trade value. Mine is a 2018 3.6R limited, with basically every option that I'm aware of. Sticker was $38,800. Car has roughly 10,600 miles on it. I'm only interested in GTV on 2018 similar cars, as I'm trying to see how these head unit issues are affecting resale, vs. what Subaru guarantees for trade-in. My car isn't eligible for GTV until April, which is why I'm asking. We're basically ready to bail on the car because of the ongoing issues, but as I was getting offers from the online car buying services I've been borderline shocked to see how low they are. Mostly in the $26K - $27K range, which is way lower than I expected and very atypical of Subaru I thought.
I'm in the same boat and thinking of leaving Subaru for good. I'll say though the glitches with the infotainment system probably won't affect resale value, as dealerships will resell the vehicle sooner or later. And I'm sure if an interested buyer who actually knew about the infotainment issues said something, the sales person would probably plead ignorant.
Sparkland likes this.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 01:40 PM
Des

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmarshall View Post
That GTV is very good!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: