Tie down loop on low profile rails? - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
Another option, but it might suck. :^) BTW, I have a Winnebago-sized glamping tent, which of course needs a giant bag. It fits between the cross bars on my Ltd., so it sits directly on the roof, secured with tie-down straps to the cross bars. Never had an issue, but it probably only weighs 30 lbs.
Yeah, probably not. Starting to think the big clunky roof rack is the practical choice

Doug Just Doug likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 02:32 PM

Not trying to be difficult, but one of the reasons we got the Premium level was the crossbars and tie down points are built into the rack system. A little clunky looking? Maybe, but definitely functional and better than having crossbars on all the time.

post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 02:48 PM
V0X

i love the touring, but would have like to have the standard rails crossbars. Do premiums get heated steering wheels and steering responsive headlights?
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 03:42 PM

Car: 2018 Outback Limited 2.5i
The heated steering wheel is a Touring exclusive. I have the steering responsive headlights in my Limited, but I'm not sure if it was standard or an option package...
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 04:18 PM

Car: 2010 3.6R Ltd MR/Nav & 2019 3.6R Ltd Pkg24
Quote:
Originally Posted by philharmonic View Post
It looks like the Limited racks have their own advantages in certain respects.
Yes, the roof racks were the major factor for my choice of an fully optioned Limited rather than a Touring model. I use the roof racks on my 2010 model a lot for short drive impromptu loads -- mostly wood or building supplies for my hobby projects. With the fold-away crossbars, I don't have to do any special planning for carrying loads. I don't have to plan in advance to take the extra time to install the cross bars. My roof rack is always streamlined for lessened wind noise while still being ready for use in less than five minutes.

While deciding between a Limited with the Package#24 + a few options vs a Touring model, I went through all the specifications in detail and found that the Touring-unique features included only: (corrections welcome)

• Java Brown leather-trimmed upholstery
• Heated steering wheel
• Low-profile roof rails in silver finish
• Wheels in dark gray with machine finish
• Lower door cladding with chrome accents
• Body-color door handles with chrome inserts
• Piano gloss black interior trim

While the Java Brown Leather interior was nice, I didn't really care for the extra chrome accents and other chromed appearance items. The heated steering wheel might be a good feature for those 10 days each winter we get below freezing here in Texas. The Roof Rails (requiring an extra purchase of ~$460 crossbars) was a non-starter because of my frequent use.

I opted for a Limited with Package#24 and additional options that bring it almost to the level of a Touring. I was able to ignore most of the Touring-unique features without feeling I was going to miss out on anything I really cared about. All I lost was the prestige of owning a Touring model.

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: