Eyesight camera covers 3d printed - Page 12 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #111 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:18 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hi Raider1284, I'd appreciate a set of these in any color you have available. White, Gray, Tan. Anything, I'm just appreciative that you're able and more so willing to even do it. I'm located in Columbia, SC and actually joined the forum specifically for this LOL. I just got a new Subaru with eyesight and would usually just lurk around. I will make 14 more posts so I can PM you any information you need. Thanks!

ELCID86 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:28 PM

Car: 2018 OB Limited 2.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Space For Rent View Post
Hi Raider1284, I'd appreciate a set of these in any color you have available. White, Gray, Tan. Anything, I'm just appreciative that you're able and more so willing to even do it. I'm located in Columbia, SC and actually joined the forum specifically for this LOL. I just got a new Subaru with eyesight and would usually just lurk around. I will make 14 more posts so I can PM you any information you need. Thanks!

Welcome. I grew up in Aiken, wife is from Sumter. #Godscountry

Shawn in VA (USA)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #113 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:11 PM

After waiting for another 45 minutes in a USPS line I was able to send out 5 sets of covers today! I have sent PMs to everyone with their tracking info to keep track of them.

Let me know how they work out for you guys!

Anyone know of a better/faster/easier way to ship small packages like this through USPS? Can you sign up and print labels from home for example?
post #114 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
Welcome. I grew up in Aiken, wife is from Sumter. #Godscountry
Thanks and better yet, I grew up in Manassas and worked at the Geico Regional 1 office right off 17. That was 20 years ago and I'm pretty sure I couldnt find my away around now with all of the changes. LOL
post #115 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider1284 View Post
After waiting for another 45 minutes in a USPS line I was able to send out 5 sets of covers today! I have sent PMs to everyone with their tracking info to keep track of them.

Let me know how they work out for you guys!

Anyone know of a better/faster/easier way to ship small packages like this through USPS? Can you sign up and print labels from home for example?
Take advantage of the free shipping packaging they will send you. They will send you boxes for free, and I mean a LOT of boxes so make sure how many are in a bundle. They also have labels. I'm not sure this will help with your specific situation, but maybe.

EDIT: I dont have enough posts to post a link yet so usps DOT com, Top Tab Postal Store / Free Shipping Supplies and they will send it to you for free
Also good if you're moving
post #116 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:37 AM

Car: 2017 Outback 3.6R LTD w/Tech
I received mine today and they look GREAT!!!

Thanks very much!!
Raider1284 likes this.
post #117 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:49 PM

Car: 2015 Legacy Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD ... 2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
Quote:
I'm sure a small padded envelope would be adequate for mailing these items. You can use your own labels (for my business I've printed my own custom labels for decades), or just write the address directly on the envelope. Since they're cheap to make and you're giving them away, you don't need to pay for tracking or insurance. Finally, since they all weigh the same you can just weigh one and affix the same postage to all.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland)

post #118 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammcinnis View Post
I'm sure a small padded envelope would be adequate for mailing these items. You can use your own labels (for my business I've printed my own custom labels for decades), or just write the address directly on the envelope. Since they're cheap to make and you're giving them away, you don't need to pay for tracking or insurance. Finally, since they all weigh the same you can just weigh one and affix the same postage to all.
I feel like many really like the tracking numbers though as it allows they to follow it and relieves some of the fear of 'buying from a stranger'. I think shipping them with just stamps wouldn't be much cheaper unfortunately, and would lose the tracking ability.

Wish there was a way to print out shipping labels and tracking numbers online, where we could then just drop it off at USPS and not have to wait in line.

Looking at the "print your own shipping label" options, the prices are much higher for some reason: "Priority Mail® Small Flat Rate Envelope 6" x 10" $7.35". Compared to the ~$4 if you visit the store in person. that price difference is probably a small price to pay to save an hour of my time waiting in line though

Anyone know a trick to get lower cost "print at home" labels?
post #119 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 03:34 PM

Car: 2015 Legacy Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD ... 2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
Quote:
Anyone know a trick to get lower cost "print at home" labels?
Use the actual envelope weight to compute postage rather than paying the full "flat rate."

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland)

post #120 of 138 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammcinnis View Post
Use the actual envelope weight to compute postage rather than paying the full "flat rate."
I tried this, but even with the envelope weight being just 1oz, its still almost twice the price to print them online vs shipping them from the physical store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: