Honda Tech vs Subaru Tech - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 07:21 AM

Car: '14 Subi OBW, '02 Subi OBW (gone now, but well loved), '15 Toyota Sienna, '13 Honda CR-V
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Honestly, you can't go too far wrong when you buy vehicles made by Toyota, Subaru or Honda. Hmmmm.... our last 6 purchases: Subaru (2), Toyota (2), Honda (2).

dovidan and Mekkanox like this.

2002 OBW base model with automatic. Added: CD player, Security System, tweeters & subwoofer, trailer hitch, lighting mods, cabin filters, hood deflector, drivers lumbar mods, winter tires.
2014 OBW Premium, CVT & Moonroof. Added: trailer hitch, lighting mods, upgraded horn, winter tire/wheel/TPMS package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:46 AM

Car: 2018 3.6R Black Outback
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28dug View Post
LOL....hard to understand the mind set of many buyers these days. Seems the most important thing to them when selecting a car is whether or not it supports a buggy phone app.
I mean I am in the same boat where I don't care too much about infotainment tech, but the majority of car buyers are get me to point A to point B please with zero problems. I can understand why car companies try to boast about their infotainment tech to consumers. It's a big part of their purchasing decision is my guess.

I mean I still have my CD case from high school in my car just in case so.

I am just a low tech user in cars, I do use apple car play and bluetooth because I am a heavy music oriented person, but thats about it. I don't think I have used a voice control feature once since I have driven a car and I certain have not used any other app besides google maps and spotify.

post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 10:15 AM

Car: 2018 Legacy 36R
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkitaGuy View Post
Why are you plugging in the phone, I've only ever plugged in to charge, never for phone, music.....

I need to plug in the phone for Google maps and Waze. So if I am using the built in TomTom guidance I do not plug in; but for long trips or even some local destinations I prefer to use Google with Waze and that requires the phone be connected with a USB cable.
AkitaGuy likes this.

tom

'18 Legacy 36R
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 01:55 PM

Car: 2015 Outback Limited 2.5
I guess a fact could be like this -

One car I talk to hardly ever understands commands
The other car most always understands commands

I have to laugh out our one cars navigation. It says things like, please turn right. Please?
Soon I might her Hal 9000 telling me what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda_One View Post
Like everything else in this world it is just your opinion. As I reviewed from your prior posts you definitely have them but very little facts.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

2015 Outback limited
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 01:56 PM

My 2016 car has a built in CD player and I was pleased to see it. Cutting edge stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensky View Post
I mean I am in the same boat where I don't care too much about infotainment tech, but the majority of car buyers are get me to point A to point B please with zero problems. I can understand why car companies try to boast about their infotainment tech to consumers. It's a big part of their purchasing decision is my guess.

I mean I still have my CD case from high school in my car just in case so.

I am just a low tech user in cars, I do use apple car play and bluetooth because I am a heavy music oriented person, but thats about it. I don't think I have used a voice control feature once since I have driven a car and I certain have not used any other app besides google maps and spotify.
Sensky likes this.

2015 Outback limited
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 02:05 PM

Car: 2015 Legacy Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD ... 2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedhead View Post
Choosing a car based on it's infotainment system is like choosing a girlfriend based on the size of her... err...um... feet.
Except that her... err...um... feet will not be hopelessly obsolete in 5 to 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensky View Post
I can understand why car companies try to boast about their infotainment tech to consumers. It's a big part of their purchasing decision is my guess.
The majority of new car buyers these days are buying appliances. They don't understand engines, or transmissions, or all-wheel drive, or antilock braking, or vehicle dynamics control, or safety oriented driver-assist technology, etc., etc.; they just expect it all to work when needed (whenever that may be). But they do think they understand electronics and entertainment stuff, so that's what they tend to focus on. Hyundai/Kia got that right.

Consider on this forum alone how many owners you see "upgrading" their lighting, wheels, tires, suspension, etc. solely for cosmetic reasons. Usually, they have not a clue about how their mods will affect safety, handling, mechanical reliability, or performance ... and they don't really care.
subiesailor, bheinen74 and URDRWHO like this.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:20 PM

Car: 2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammcinnis View Post
Except that her... err...um... feet will not be hopelessly obsolete in 5 to 10 years.
Some seem to think they need regular updates, too!
Dantrax likes this.

Dan

2018 Outback Touring 3.6R

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 04:31 PM

Honda Tech vs Subaru Tech

I had a 2018 Honda Accord Sport and had to trade it in after 3 months because of the multiple quality control issues to include the screen going black when playing playlists.

Went back to Subaru with a 19 Outback 3.6R after previously having a 15 Legacy and 13 Outback. Never should have left.

Learned my lesson to not buy the first year of a complete redesign which is what the Accord was.
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 08:45 PM

How many people are remaining that can work on the basic mechanical things in an engine bay?
Fixing things and being able to fix things is a dying breed. My big garage that is full of tools is something that some friends will envy but most will think it is crazy. While kidding my one friend about he himself never fixing anything said, "I make a lot of money and pay other people to fix things." Ok...I get that but to me, it just seems weird not having the skills to do for myself. A dying breed I tell-ya.

I'm buying a townhouse for my son and girlfriend to live in and it is kind of like what a real estate agent said today. Looking at the parking situation I remarked, can they even wash and vacuum their own cars. Agent says, they need to take them to a car wash. So many people living in the same situation can can't even wash their own cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammcinnis View Post

The majority of new car buyers these days are buying appliances. They don't understand engines, or transmissions, or all-wheel drive, or antilock braking, or vehicle dynamics control, or safety oriented driver-assist technology, etc., etc.; they just expect it all to work when needed (whenever that may be). But they do think they understand electronics and entertainment stuff, so that's what they tend to focus on. Hyundai/Kia got that right.

Consider on this forum alone how many owners you see "upgrading" their lighting, wheels, tires, suspension, etc. solely for cosmetic reasons. Usually, they have not a clue about how their mods will affect safety, handling, mechanical reliability, or performance ... and they don't really care.
Yoda_One likes this.

2015 Outback limited
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 11:06 AM

Car: 2015 Outback 3.6R Package 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by URDRWHO View Post
How many people are remaining that can work on the basic mechanical things in an engine bay?
Fixing things and being able to fix things is a dying breed. My big garage that is full of tools is something that some friends will envy but most will think it is crazy. While kidding my one friend about he himself never fixing anything said, "I make a lot of money and pay other people to fix things." Ok...I get that but to me, it just seems weird not having the skills to do for myself. A dying breed I tell-ya.

I used to do all my own wrenching when I was a poor teen and college student. Clutches. Brake jobs. Tune-ups. Exhaust systems. Lots of body work to repair road salt corrosion. On my Outback, I replace the engine air filter & cabin air filter and that's it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: