Distance-to-Empty Software Update - Page 8 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #71 of 101 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 11:14 PM

Car: '15 Outback 2.5i Premium
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSKarl View Post
My guess is they put the newbie on the simple oil change and the experienced tech on the computer. ;-) )
Ideal would be the grizzled veteran taking things apart and putting them back together and the kid on the computer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 101 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 04:03 PM

Car: 2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
Had the WUD-89 update done for the combination meter done yesterday. The DTE showed 110 before the update and 140 after the update. Since it had already seemed to be on the optimistic side I'm wondering about the even higher number after the update. But until I run a cycle after filling up the tank it doesn't make sense to guess anything.

I also had the fuel mileage calculation decreased by 6% at the same time and had the update done for the Sirius/XM list problem. All was covered under warranty as it should have been. It took a while but it gave me a chance to get a good look at an Ascent and the 2019 Forester.

I'm not fully convinced that the setting for the fuel mileage was changed but again I have to drive it for a while first. On the 20+ miles I drove on the way home the avg mileage was still showing about 2mpg higher than my Scangauge II, which was about where it had been before. The Scangauge has been pretty accurate so I expected the car reading to be a little closer to that now. Maybe it will equal out when I drive it more.

I wonder if they changed that first and then did the WUD-89 reprogram after if it might have deleted that change? I filled the tank right after leaving the dealer so I can check for sure next time I fill up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #73 of 101 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:34 PM

Car: 2018 Outack Limited, with Eyesight (Canadian model) Crystal white pearl, black leather interior
Garage
I had mine done 2 weeks ago. Filled up again today. Showed 100 KM (62 miles) left. Took 16.1 US gallons so had 2.2 left. Better than it was.
post #74 of 101 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 01:30 PM

definitely low on my prority list, at 73 years I have had no problem, use common sense , fuel gauge and odometer! We Vietnam Era Vets have bad attitude about big brother crap! The higher tech we get the dumber average person becomes. Just an OFT observation.
post #75 of 101 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 02:00 PM
apb

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebooh View Post
definitely low on my prority list, at 73 years I have had no problem, use common sense , fuel gauge and odometer! We Vietnam Era Vets have bad attitude about big brother crap! The higher tech we get the dumber average person becomes. Just an OFT observation.
Agree. Just need to look at the fuel gauge. Which, hopefully, is mildly accurate. All the other frobs are just time wasters getting them to work right. For example, does it know that I will soon leave the plains and head up the mountain? Or do I have to first file a flight plan?
post #76 of 101 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 11:44 AM

Flight plan Hmm GA pilot or just aviation buff? Personally I could spent days listening to old radials wake-up!!!!!! Only one tops that watching F-111's go to full AB readying take-off- observing 300 yards away 45' angle to EOR (end of runway) early evening site sound FEEL thought my chest was to explode AWESOME. visiting my son early 90's Cannon AFB.

Paul N8BUU
post #77 of 101 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 12:07 PM

Car: 2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebooh View Post
Flight plan Hmm GA pilot or just aviation buff? Personally I could spent days listening to old radials wake-up!!!!!! Only one tops that watching F-111's go to full AB readying take-off- observing 300 yards away 45' angle to EOR (end of runway) early evening site sound FEEL thought my chest was to explode AWESOME. visiting my son early 90's Cannon AFB.

Paul N8BUU
I got to experience an AB takeoff from the back seat of an F-15 at Klamath Falls. Talk about a rush! Part way down the runway, then straight up!

Dan

2018 Outback Touring 3.6R

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #78 of 101 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 09:52 PM

Car: 2017 Outback 2.5i Limited
Garage
Got my update done with an oil change today. I got there just as they opened the service department so one tech did the maintenance, the other took care of the update. Done in under one hour! Got out of there just as the masses were waking up and taking their cars in. If I came in an hour later, they likely wouldn't have been able to do it today.

post #79 of 101 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 11:55 PM

Car: 2018 Outback Touring 2.5i, and soon 2019 Ascent Touring
Garage
Distance-to-Empty Software Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danver View Post
I wonder if this update will change anything as far as the fuel mileage calculation displayed on the dash. I already have an appointment to have that adjusted down 6%. A couple of days after I made that appointment this update showed up in the service campaigns and recalls section of MySubaru.com for my car. If this update changes the accuracy for the mileage calculation I hate to also be getting a second adjustment as well.

I will ask at the dealer but I'm not hopeful that they will know enough to give me a good answer.

Did not change my accuracy. Still about +1 MPG off each time I fill up. I think they just warn us earlier. I can calculate what’s left. I use Fully and take a pic of my trip and should be able to calculate how much fuel I have left if tank and the use the cars average MPG and my calculated MPG to see if the Distance to Empty is even close... maybe another day...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rich
2018 Subaru Outback Touring 2.5
Purchased June 2018
post #80 of 101 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 03:01 PM

MPG Inaccuracy

2017 2.5i limited owner here. Has anyone else had the same problem as Danver? I got my update two weeks ago and, while I haven't looked into the DTE accuracy, I noticed that the MPG now seems inflated.

I drive aggressively and almost exclusively in a hilly city so I hover around 20MPG. After the update I noticed I hit 22+ without even trying. I got suspicious and decided to reset my TripA after I filled up. Just refilled about 30 minutes ago and sure enough dividing the TripA distance by the gallons it took to refill put the MPG reader at around 2MPG inflated.

I just spoke with dealership and Subaru NA rep and both said I was the first person to bring it up. I'm hoping that this was just some gross mathematical error so I'll be calculating it again next time I fill up, but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: