Cruise control settings - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 10:59 PM

Car: 2019 Outback 3.6R Limited with Nav/Moonroof/RAB-Rear CrossTraffic Alert
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Thanks. Actually it's on p. 48 in the 2019 Eyesight manual.

That just seems backwards to me. If I'm cruising at the speed limit of 70 on the interstate and find I'm passing a car in the right lane very slowly I want to speed up by one or two mph to get around him, not 5mph. A couple of clicks does it on my Tahoe, but not on the Subaru.
Agreed! Every cruise control I've ever had has increased by 1 mph for each "tap" of the button. But this isn't your father's cruise control! :-) Seriously I'm awestruck (and a little disconcerted) by how the car can slow itself to a stop if necessary with the adaptive cruise control on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:47 AM

Car: 2018 OB Limited 2.5
This did seem counterintuitive but I’m getting used to it (not my DD). I do love the ACC. (I too learned about it here—thanks.)

Shawn in VA (USA)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:02 AM

Car: 2019 Outback premium, 2.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedhead View Post
It's a 2 stage switch. A large press nets 5 mph increase. A light press nets 1 mph increase
Wrong. Short press or "bump" results in a 5 mph change. Long press or "hold" will result in a 1 mph change if you release in time.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:23 AM

Car: 2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron T View Post
Wrong. Short press or "bump" results in a 5 mph change. Long press or "hold" will result in a 1 mph change if you release in time.
As others here have noted, it's model year dependent. Older Outbacks, I believe 2017 and older, it is the way Zed described. For MY2018, they reversed it for some unknown reason.
ammcinnis likes this.

Dan

2018 Outback Touring 3.6R

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:28 AM

Car: 2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by atc98092 View Post
As others here have noted, it's model year dependent. Older Outbacks, I believe 2017 and older, it is the way Zed described. For MY2018, they reversed it for some unknown reason.
Yes, my '17 works the way Zed described. I'm sure either way is easy enough to get used to but it must suck if you regularly switch back and forth between different model years.

post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:34 AM

A service rep at our dealership was surprised to learn of this glaringly stupid programming change. He suggested contacting customer service to lodge a complaint. I will do so, and implore all of you to do so as well! The increment of change is controlled by software and a quick update will correct this shortcoming in the cruise control that is otherwise a fantastic bit of tech. So PLEASE contact customer service and request this change! I know, your're used to it and it may not be a big deal to you, but it's WTF the first time you experience it! plus it's counter to the overall safety focus of the brand, fine tuning the setting by paying extra attention the instrument panel instead of the road.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:56 AM

Car: 2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
Sometimes I wonder how people manage to make it through a day, let alone an entire life.

post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danver View Post
Sometimes I wonder how people manage to make it through a day, let alone an entire life.
???
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 12:25 PM

Car: 2015 Outback Limited w/ES, Wilderness Green
Quote:
???
I suspect Danver was commenting about our modern tendency to get all worked up over very small issues. Yes, it is curious that they changed the switch progamming, but to start a complaint campaign? Really?
jdupton and ammcinnis like this.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 01:06 PM

Car: 2015 Legacy Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD ... 2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
Quote:
... this glaringly stupid programming change ... PLEASE contact customer service and request this change!
It's not at all clear which implementation you consider "stupid." Regardless, at this point you have the usual three options:

• You can continue whining about the issue, which will accomplish exactly nothing.
  • You can adapt to the way your Outback actually works, and get on with your life.
  • You can buy a different vehicle.
It's your choice.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: