Passenger Window Replacement - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Car: '19 Outback 3.6R LIMITED
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so you absolutely swear by this guy...??? I spoke to him today and I'm hesitant about having a guy come out change out in my driveway etc. and the part being a true Subaru part. He did say it's Laminated. Subaru Service - well it would be getting done at a dealership and with that comes if any problems the job was done there etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:08 PM

Car: 2015 Legacy Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD ... 2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPENTRAILS View Post
... I'm hesitant about ... the part being a true Subaru part.
For future reference, the OE Subaru windows are manufactured by Carlex. Any "true Subaru" (i.e. OEM) replacement glass will be marked Subaru and/or Carlex.

OPENTRAILS likes this.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:02 AM

Quote:
so you absolutely swear by this guy...??? I spoke to him today and I'm hesitant about having a guy come out change out in my driveway etc. and the part being a true Subaru part. He did say it's Laminated. Subaru Service - well it would be getting done at a dealership and with that comes if any problems the job was done there etc.
Yes, I trust Ray.. i been at my current dealership for 2 years and worked with him countless times. We use him as an alternate glass installer if a client or insurance company does not want to pay the dealership labor rate for our mechanics to do the work..

If you want factory glass, he will get it, just ask him... look for the Subaru logo on the bottom corner, it should match your other windows.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:16 AM

Car: 2017 3.6R Limited with Eye Sight
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1werd View Post
Exactly, try to stay away from aftermarket glass.. there is sometimes noticeable difference between factory and aftermarket glass (distortion, waviness, color)... it will probably be unnoticeable at first, but in the right light you notice things like that..

Agreed.

Especially since it's a new car. A cheap replacement may not seal correctly and you'll get wind noise and maybe moisture.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

I called Ray and he couldn't confirm if the Subaru Logo was on the glass, he did say that it was Carlex but then at some point he started to backtrack- plus he will only gurantee work for 30 days and he said he has only 1 window in stock. I think he's trying to get rid of that window. Final answer: Brand New Baby + Friend Paying = Subaru Service.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 02:28 PM

Am I the only one wondering why the OP is caring so much about a chip? If it's cracked, it's one thing, but a small chip shouldn't warrant an entire replacement. Just fill in the chip and move on with life.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 03:10 PM

Car: 2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
Quote:
I called Ray and he couldn't confirm if the Subaru Logo was on the glass, he did say that it was Carlex but then at some point he started to backtrack- plus he will only gurantee work for 30 days and he said he has only 1 window in stock. I think he's trying to get rid of that window. Final answer: Brand New Baby + Friend Paying = Subaru Service.

What's the big deal, contact the dealership service department/ parts department then have them order the OE glass. Also ask the service manager who they use as their window installer and then call it a day. You are definitely over thinking this. Now as per the warranty, the installer will only warranty HIS work not the glass.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the soul.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

1.) I take pride in ownership what I've worked hard to get.

2.) when a chip is obtained from an adult acting like an immature teenager to me it warrants to be replaced as the car is only 2 weeks old and if she were acting like a mature adult it would no have happened.

3.) I've waited a very long time to get this car; if the chip were from the natural environment then that's a different matter but it's not- refer to #2.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM

Quote:
1.) I take pride in ownership what I've worked hard to get.

2.) when a chip is obtained from an adult acting like an immature teenager to me it warrants to be replaced as the car is only 2 weeks old and if she were acting like a mature adult it would no have happened.

3.) I've waited a very long time to get this car; if the chip were from the natural environment then that's a different matter but it's not- refer to #2.
So, you're not only being petty, you're being a really crappy to your friend.

Life happens. Scratches, chips, dings, etc happen. I get wanting to have pride in your car, but charging your friend a few hundred dollars because of a stupid accident for a small window chip? While it's nice she's offering to pay for a new window, you should re-evaluate the necessity for it. A window chip repair would probably fix 90% of it and you'd probably forget it was even there in a week or two.

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM

Car: 2018 Limited 2.5i
Garage
the front windows are double paned, at least they look it. the rears are not. so im thinking this will be a subaru exclusive part?

OPENTRAILS likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: