Passenger Window Replacement - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Car: '19 Outback 3.6R LIMITED
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Passenger Window Replacement

HELP! A friend of mine chipped passenger front window with the seatbelt clip on my '19 Outback Limited 3.6R- don't ask how but the window is chipped and I want to replace the entire window with of course Subaru part. I just got the car 2 weeks ago and my dealer said that service on it has to be 100% perfect due to sound barrier and that he will look into if the service dept. there is 100%. In the meantime can anyone suggest places between Ventura, CA to San Fernando Valley, CA that does 110% (Subaru dealer preferred) and any other experiences / thoughts on this?
Signed- a very sad 1st. time Subie Owner.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 06:54 PM

Check “all-valley auto glass”.. Ray installs glass for me at the Mercedes dealer I work at and multiple dealers in the valley... really nice guy, honest, and good prices..

OPENTRAILS likes this.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 08:04 PM

Car: 2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Wilderness Green
Google the first step, and what is the dealer talking about due to sound barrier window, glass is just pinch in by window channel and push up and down with window regulator. The dealer just want to make business on labor. It so easy to replace. If you are not a DYI guy call any moblle auto glass repair in your area. Sorry to hear to your brand new car it hurts I know because two days after I got mine some stupid driver put a ding on my passenger door. Thanks too dent puller from harbor freight I manage to pulled it out.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

DIY Girl I'm def. not!!! So is it OK to have an auto glass place like Safelite or what the previous Subie person suggested (as long as it's an original part). So if it is an original part then of course it's built the same way how the car came??? And sorry to hear about your ding! And as mentioned previously, this is my very first Subaru of any kind and I want it perfect as possible for as long as possible and not from idiotic move from a friend throwing a hail marry with the seat belt!!!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 11:37 PM

Exactly, try to stay away from aftermarket glass.. there is sometimes noticeable difference between factory and aftermarket glass (distortion, waviness, color)... it will probably be unnoticeable at first, but in the right light you notice things like that..
OPENTRAILS likes this.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:52 AM

I hope your friend is going to pay for their damage to your vehicle.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

She is 100% She is a true real friend- she claimed 110% responsibility and is not even arguing about it- in fact she just called me to ask me if I'm taking my car today and wanted to give money up front- I'm lucky to have a friend like her!!!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:49 AM

Car: 2003 Outback Sedan H6-3.0, 2008 Outback 3.0R LL Bean "Leon", 2018 Outback 3.6R Touring "Alan"
The 18-19 Outbacks have revised sound deadening which, I think, includes marginally thicker front side windows. Consistent with that, I see on parts.subaru.com that the front window part number is different for 15-17 vs 18-19. Just something to keep in mind if you're shopping for replacement glass, as either part probably fits your 19, but you'll want the one that's correct. Unsure if the windows channels might be wider, so the 15-17 glass might even be a loose fit in an 18-19 car.
OPENTRAILS likes this.

Ed, car pages
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:24 PM

Car: 2015 Legacy Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD ... 2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
The 18-19 Outbacks have revised sound deadening which, I think, includes marginally thicker front side windows.
That is correct. MY 2018-2019 front door windows are also laminated (for sound damping), and they are not interchangeable with their MY 2015-2017 counterparts.
KSKarl and OPENTRAILS like this.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:41 PM

Car: 2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Wilderness Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPENTRAILS View Post
DIY Girl I'm def. not!!! So is it OK to have an auto glass place like Safelite or what the previous Subie person suggested (as long as it's an original part). So if it is an original part then of course it's built the same way how the car came??? And sorry to hear about your ding! And as mentioned previously, this is my very first Subaru of any kind and I want it perfect as possible for as long as possible and not from idiotic move from a friend throwing a hail marry with the seat belt!!!
My apology! DYI gal/Girl

OPENTRAILS likes this.

[/Retired
[/2019 Outback 3.6R Touring]
[/2015 Toyota Tacoma Pre Runner Limited]
[/2012 Outback 3.6R Limited]
[/2005 Honda CRV EX AWD]
[/2003 Mercedes Benz C320 Sport]

"Life is too short, Lets enjoy it"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in