2019 outback base vs premium - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2019 outback base vs premium

I understand most people are purchasing premium or above and few people get base.

I can't see much difference between base and premium. (tinted color, dashboard, power seats) What would be your reason for choosing premium over base and pay another $2k?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:21 PM

Bigger touch screen, auto climate control, auto dimming rear view mirror, heated front seats.....

"Another Brick In The Wall", PF 1979
"Happiness Is A Warm Gun", Beatles 1968
"The Rubber Banned Man",Spinners 1976
2011 SS Camaro
1984 Corvette
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:32 PM

Car: 2017 Outback, 2.5i Premium
For my 2017, I wanted the all-weather package, particularly the heated seats, heated outside mirrors (although it also included the windshield wiper deicer) and tinted rear windows. However, I have also found the 10-way power drivers seat to be a huge help in finding the most comfortable driving position and the dual zone climate control to be nice but not essential for me. I believe the premium also added the leather wrapped steering wheel. After 2 years, I am very happy that I made this choice and paid the extra money. The tinted rear windows makes it extremely hard for anyone to see in when you have something in the back seat or in the back cargo area, (and probably keeps the temperature a bit cooler in the warmer months too) and I am a huge fan of the cloth heated seats in the chilly months!
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:22 PM

Car: 19 Outback 3.6r Touring, 12 Forester X, 09 G8 GXP, 08 BMW 535xi
Heated wiper parking, heated mirrors, heated seats, heated steering wheel, better sound system.... List is long...
Coming from a base Forester to a 3.6r Touring Outback... It’s worth the price, WELL worth it... 2k isn’t that much money when it comes to a car for your comfort.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:30 PM

Car: 2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
Garage
I solely got it for the heated seats wipers and mirrors. Living in a climate where winter dominates a lot of the time it was worth it to me and for my wife. I got a used 2014 so it just happened to find one in our price range with miles we liked that had that package.
Michelle Hurd Buss likes this.

2014 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:45 PM

I think fog lights are included and a bunch extra. Here's the complete list from subaru:

https://www.subaru.com/build-your-own/2019/OBK.html
ammcinnis likes this.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:04 PM

For me, it's worth to upgrade.

Source 2019 Outback specs, options, colors, prices, photos, and more

Per Cars101.com

Premium has following features in addition to base model.

All Weather Package with 3 mode heated front seats (low, medium high), defrosting outside mirrors, and front windshield wiper deicer
Fog Lights
Dark tinted Privacy glass
Rear luggage cargo cover
Body colored outside mirrors
Illuminated overhead console
Illuminated inner door handles
Dark tinted upper windshield band
Power Driver's seat, 10 way includes power lumbar support
3 12v power outlets- front console, center console, cargo area.
Dual zone auto climate control with temperature settings from 60 to 89*
Illuminated power window switches on all doors (not just driver door)
Lock/Unlock beep and light flash functions are standard on all models.
new Auto dimming rear view mirror with compass and Homelink, thin frame design
Steering wheel- Leather wrapped, silver stitching, with audio, cruise, bluetooth buttons
Passenger window Auto up/down power window in addition to the driver's power window
Upgraded electroluminescent dash gauges with blue illuminated ring- analog speedometer to 140mph (150 total), and tachometer, fuel and engine temperature with white digits and needles. Center digital speedometer and fuel economy trip computers.
Dual front zone climate control with large, easy to see left and right temp displayed in the control knobs, larger clock and outside temperature display (redesigned on 18s)

One year free Subaru Starlink Connected Services with emergency and collision Safety Plus with emergency assistance, collision notification, maintenance notifications, emailed monthly vehicle health report

Stereo
8" high resolution LCD touch screen, multi-touch capable, voice activated.
Power off-delay until driver's door opened
AM, FM, FMHD radio, single CD player, SiriusXM radio (4mos free)
Android Auto, Apple Carplay (new starting on 2018s)
6 speakers, 4 door, 2 dash.
Base, mid-range, treble sound adjustments,
Wireless audio streaming,
Handsfree text messaging (phone dependent).
4 USB ports - 2 front for audio and charging, 2 rear for charging (new on 18s), 1 3.5mm aux input,
3 12v power outlets- dash, center console, cargo area.
Steering wheel with fingertip cell phone bluetooth, audio, and cruise control buttons.
SiriusXM Travel Link gas station locator, sports, weather, and stock reports (4 mos free).
Near field communication
Phone functions are phone dependent (android, apple)
Rear view backup camera display.
Glass radio antenna
Black roof mounted satellite fin antenna
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info guys. I will probably go with base. I have 2011 subaru forester xt touring and I went for 'touring' trim solely for HID lamp. I am trying to be frugal this time.

I don't need power seats, all weather packages, and never used fog lights. However, I will miss dark tinted window in the back.

I'd love to have blindspot monitoring though and it only comes in premium or above and will cost $3000 more than base.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 01:03 AM

Might be easier to go to a dealership and test drive a base & premium to compare them in person... make the sales person do their job and earn your business..

Only you know what you “want” & “need” in this next big investment and if certain accessories will necessary or unnecessary..

Also, don’t get stuck on the sticker price, there is a separate post on here where people explain how much they actually paid for the car vs what the MSRP was, from what I was reading, almost everyone pays below the MSRP.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooo View Post
Thanks for the info guys. I will probably go with base. I have 2011 subaru forester xt touring and I went for 'touring' trim solely for HID lamp. I am trying to be frugal this time.

I don't need power seats, all weather packages, and never used fog lights. However, I will miss dark tinted window in the back.

I'd love to have blindspot monitoring though and it only comes in premium or above and will cost $3000 more than base.
Make sure you are not going to regret your frugality. My wife was being frugal when she bought her base '14 Forester. Only took 2 years for her to realize she really wanted the heated seats and the safety features. As soon as the '17's came out, she replaced her '14 base for a '17 premium.

Michelle Hurd Buss likes this.

"Another Brick In The Wall", PF 1979
"Happiness Is A Warm Gun", Beatles 1968
"The Rubber Banned Man",Spinners 1976
2011 SS Camaro
1984 Corvette

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: