Automatic Climate Control (ACC) question - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:00 AM

Car: 2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Not sure how old your other vehicles but Subaru air conditioner is variable clutchless and very efficient also the heat is part of the temperature control system. My best advice just because you are adjusting the cabin temp doesn't mean there is issue. Different manufacturer different rules. BTW have you verified psi of 134a refrigerant to insure you are at manufacture's specs.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the soul.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:10 AM

Car: 3rd & 4th 2.5L Outbacks: '14 with 62k, '11 with 100k. Traded '04 @ 12 yr & 155k & '99 @ 12 yr & 155k
temp control

Quote:
Originally Posted by atc98092 View Post
Well yeah, you guys are in Michigan. Your cold and the cold we see in Seattle ain't quite the same thing!
So, you never wear a warmer shirt or jacket in the winter? They would necessitate a lower temp to be comfortable compared to wearing a t-shirt!

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:18 AM

Car: 2015 Outback 3.6R Package 23
I'm "set and forget" at 70F. The only time I crank it is winter driving when I need the heat to keep the windshield from icing up.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:18 AM

Car: 2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbertin View Post
So, you never wear a warmer shirt or jacket in the winter? They would necessitate a lower temp to be comfortable compared to wearing a t-shirt!
Sure. I switch from a lighter jacket to leather. But compared to the cold you all see, it's nothing here.

Dan

2018 Outback Touring 3.6R

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd8tzc View Post
Okay, so if I have to set mine to 63 in the winter months and 70 - 72 in the summer... does that mean it is not working properly? My Ford, GM and VW's I never had to fiddle with it. I would just set it and forget it for the most part (although the GM had the annoying habit of either blowing COLD air on your face in the winter at full blast or HOT air in the summer full blast until the car got to temp). I will never own another GM again.
its working as designed. ive had 2 subies with acc and one ford and a nissan. the ford and nissan are much better systems in full auto imo. in both those cars i set it at 70 year round and it was perfect. i think the suby uses higher fan speeds than those systems so it make it feel cool/warmer due to the higher air flow. the suby also does the crazy defrost thing when you first turn it on. in my suby its 68 in heating mode and 71 in cooling mode. if its inbetween im constantly fiddling with it.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2018 Outback Premium 2.5i CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
Quote:
Originally Posted by unhappylegacyowner View Post
its working as designed. ive had 2 subies with acc and one ford and a nissan. the ford and nissan are much better systems in full auto imo. in both those cars i set it at 70 year round and it was perfect. i think the suby uses higher fan speeds than those systems so it make it feel cool/warmer due to the higher air flow. the suby also does the crazy defrost thing when you first turn it on. in my suby its 68 in heating mode and 71 in cooling mode. if its inbetween im constantly fiddling with it.

Thanks... most likely when Summer fully gets here and it is hot out, I will be able to set it and forget it.

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:08 AM

Car: 2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium CVT
It's physics. You'll feel cold if the AC is blowing even when the ambient temperature is high. The same is not necessarily true for heater. It has to do with thermodynamics.

Turn the AC off, wait for 5 minutes, you'll notice you're hot again.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:33 AM

Car: 2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashish Bharadwaj View Post
It's physics. You'll feel cold if the AC is blowing even when the ambient temperature is high. The same is not necessarily true for heater. It has to do with thermodynamics.

That is the biggest reason I am not a fan of automatic climate control systems in cars. When it is hot out I want that cold air blowing constantly. I very seldom leave it on full automatic. I set the blower speed I want it at so the air is always moving and then set a temp that is comfortable. Even in the winter I don't like full auto because I don't want the blower speed reduced for the defrost. I usually keep the front defrost on and again keep the blower speed constant.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:44 AM

Car: 2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium CVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashish Bharadwaj View Post

That is the biggest reason I am not a fan of automatic climate control systems in cars. When it is hot out I want that cold air blowing constantly. I very seldom leave it on full automatic. I set the blower speed I want it at so the air is always moving and then set a temp that is comfortable. Even in the winter I don't like full auto because I don't want the blower speed reduced for the defrost. I usually keep the front defrost on and again keep the blower speed constant.
100% in agreement. My Outback does NOT have the auto controls and i like it that way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: