Automatic Climate Control (ACC) question - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2018 Outback Premium 2.5i CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Automatic Climate Control (ACC) question

I have searched and did not see this question, so I apologize if I missed it somehow.

On all of my past cars, I could set the ACC temp to one temp and leave it there year round (for the most part). What I have noticed in my OB is in the winter, I set it to about 63 to stay comfortable (granted, 63 would be cold if I set my house to this, but any higher and it gets too warm in the car). When it gets warm out though, I need to raise it to about 70 - 72 depending on the day. Is this normal? Why is one temp not the same in the winter vs the summer? In my past cars I would set it to 72 and just leave it there year round.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 04:01 PM

Car: 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd8tzc View Post
I have searched and did not see this question, so I apologize if I missed it somehow.

On all of my past cars, I could set the ACC temp to one temp and leave it there year round (for the most part). What I have noticed in my OB is in the winter, I set it to about 63 to stay comfortable (granted, 63 would be cold if I set my house to this, but any higher and it gets too warm in the car). When it gets warm out though, I need to raise it to about 70 - 72 depending on the day. Is this normal? Why is one temp not the same in the winter vs the summer? In my past cars I would set it to 72 and just leave it there year round.
Have to say, I leave mine at 75 year round and it works just fine.

ammcinnis and SubieGrl like this.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:25 PM

Car: 2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd8tzc View Post

More than likely because solar hearing can vary so much in the winter. However, I've never experienced that severe of a swing. Because of a medical condition, I am really sensitive to cold, so tend to keep my cars on the warm side. Thank goodness for multi-zone HVAC! In general, I have mine set around 75 for most of the year, but will need to lower it in the summer during the warmest months. I also use the temp setting (up or down) to increase the fan speed on occasion, rather than taking off auto and using the fan speed control. But in general, over the past four cars (3 VW and an Audi) I've had with ACC my set temp remains in the low-mid 70s year-round.

Dan

2018 Outback Touring 3.6R

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:45 PM

Car: 2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
Maybe it's just me but in the winter I am usually dressed quite a bit warmer than I am in the summer so I adjust the temperature accordingly. I don't recall what exact temps I set it at but I know it varies quite a bit from cold to hot weather.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:54 PM

Car: 2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Eyesight
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danver View Post
Maybe it's just me but in the winter I am usually dressed quite a bit warmer than I am in the summer so I adjust the temperature accordingly. I don't recall what exact temps I set it at but I know it varies quite a bit from cold to hot weather.
Yep same here. With winter layers on I set the temps down to about 68. Then bump it up to 72 for the spring/fall. I have not had it in the summer yet so that remains to be seen.

FEcamp: 2016 2.5i Premium Venetian Red Pearl with Warm Ivory cloth interior
Eyesight (Option Package 14) and rubber mats, auto dimming mirrors w/ approach lighting, splash guards (Popular Package 4)
StarLink 7" Multimedia Plus System (no Nav), DrawTite Trailer Hitch

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:58 PM

Well yeah, you guys are in Michigan. Your cold and the cold we see in Seattle ain't quite the same thing!

Dan

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:01 PM

Car: 2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Eyesight
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by atc98092 View Post
Well yeah, you guys are in Michigan. Your cold and the cold we see in Seattle ain't quite the same thing!
True. 10 degrees, sometimes less, to maybe 90 in the summer. Love the variety!

FEcamp: 2016 2.5i Premium Venetian Red Pearl with Warm Ivory cloth interior
Eyesight (Option Package 14) and rubber mats, auto dimming mirrors w/ approach lighting, splash guards (Popular Package 4)
StarLink 7" Multimedia Plus System (no Nav), DrawTite Trailer Hitch

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheel View Post
True. 10 degrees, sometimes less, to maybe 90 in the summer. Love the variety!
Yeah, it's rare for us to drop below freezing much at all, and most summers peak in the mid 80s. Of course, last summer we broke 100 a couple of times, and we had Snowmageddon this past winter, so it all works out.

Dan

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2018 Outback Premium 2.5i CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
Okay, so if I have to set mine to 63 in the winter months and 70 - 72 in the summer... does that mean it is not working properly? My Ford, GM and VW's I never had to fiddle with it. I would just set it and forget it for the most part (although the GM had the annoying habit of either blowing COLD air on your face in the winter at full blast or HOT air in the summer full blast until the car got to temp). I will never own another GM again.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 09:22 AM

Car: 2016 2.5i Outback, 2002 Audi S4 Avant, 1980 CB750F Supersport, 1985 Carrera 3.2
Have you actually measured what the temperature is in the car compared to the settings on the ACC to find a difference? We can't really gauge if somethings wrong with your vehicle if the only information available is a user-adjusted variable and their personal comfort.

ammcinnis likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: