My 2018 Crash Experience - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 12:19 PM

Car: 2017 Outback
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post
He said he just didn't see any "wrong way" signs as he was turning onto that part of the road, so I think he just made a wide swing and wasn't paying attention until it was too late. He was an Uber driver, but wasn't picking anyone up at the time.

The Outback is still sitting at the repair facility waiting on a formal estimate. Their eyeballing had it around $10k and a month to get it back. Ughhhhh
Glad you are okay.
Do you have diminished value in your state?
I would bet your insurance company will pull computer data off your car.
FYI, it doesn't take much to do 10k in damage.
For your sake, hire an attorney.
I know they will get some money out of it but it's better safe than sorry,have you seen your doctor?
Diminished value will help you in the long run.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 04:10 PM

Car: 2018 Outback 3.6 Limited
Quote:
Just wanted to share some carnage from a wreck I had the other week. I was well on the brakes by the time we had hit, so don't recall EyeSight reacting. One surprising thing is the other driver had all his airbags (front/side) go off, but none went off on my end. The other driver was on the wrong side of this divided highway and we both ended up turning into each other in an attempt to avoid it.

After discussions with the repair facility, they are thinking around $10k in damage, which isn't enough to total the car. However, they won't know more until they tear it down to fully account for everything. Surprised how well the Outback held up!

Dashcam video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMs-ySK6Cmw
Video works now. **** dude! I drive that to work every day. Very scary. From the Everett Mall Way intersection and being daylight I can't fathom how that guy thought he was going the right way.

post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 10:46 PM

Car: 2018 OB Limited 3.6R
A good advertisement for Lyft.
post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 11:27 PM

Quote:
He said he just didn't see any "wrong way" signs as he was turning onto that part of the road, so I think he just made a wide swing and wasn't paying attention until it was too late. He was an Uber driver, but wasn't picking anyone up at the time.

The Outback is still sitting at the repair facility waiting on a formal estimate. Their eyeballing had it around $10k and a month to get it back. Ughhhhh
One of my friends was in one such accident. After insurance paid, he filed a "diminished value" claim against the insurance company without a lawyer and got additional 3k.
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 09:30 AM

Car: 2015 Outback Limited, 2013 Lexus LX570, 1998 Toyota LC 100, 1987 Toyota FJ60
Quote:
Originally Posted by atc98092 View Post
Where is that, the I-405/I-90 interchange? How on earth did the other driver get on there the wrong way? Sheesh. Glad you're OK.
That's where I was thinking as well. Unless you are an absolute idiot or doing it on purpose that would be a tough way to get in the wrong traffic lane.
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 12:12 PM

Car: 2008 OB Limited 2.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danver View Post
I wonder how long it took the other driver to realize he had been the one going the wrong way?

He probably didn't know until right before the crash. Otherwise, would he have not immediately pulled off and stopped, as opposed to driving in the lane that was most blind to oncoming traffic?
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 12:31 PM

Car: 2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnre View Post
He probably didn't know until right before the crash. Otherwise, would he have not immediately pulled off and stopped, as opposed to driving in the lane that was most blind to oncoming traffic?
Well that much I assumed. I was more wondering if he was sitting there after the collision wondering what the heck the OP was doing in "his" lane.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:33 PM

Car: 18 OB 2.5i Ltd w/ES Crystal Blk/Ivory
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnre View Post
You would think so, but I've seen too many videos of people driving stupid, including driving backwards on a freeway because he missed his exit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Car: 18 Outback 3.6R / 05 Legacy GT Schportwagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danver View Post
Well that much I assumed. I was more wondering if he was sitting there after the collision wondering what the heck the OP was doing in "his" lane.

You're not wrong, he took a few min and walked back on the highway to where the divider stopped to see how he would have known it was the wrong side of the road because he was still confused how it happened!
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Car: 18 Outback 3.6R / 05 Legacy GT Schportwagen
Also, as an update, we're up to $20,315 in parts/labor per the latest estimate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: