About Fender Moldings.. - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2019 Outback 3.6R Limited Magnelite Grey and loaded; '98 Legacy Outback Limited MT-53,150 miles!
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
About Fender Moldings..

Specifically mouldings in kit # E201SAL000 which are the type WITHOUT peel-off tape areas and rely entirely upon a batch of clips of three types along with end screws to mount and hopefully retain onto the car (my 2019 Outback Limited 3.6R which now has just over 500 miles on it's clock).

I bought the kit in eBay and it is complete according to the instruction sheets I obtained in Subaru website.

I'd had to go to the Portland, OR VA hospital and sat in my car watching an extra sized woman exit her car and removed lot of walking aides from her car. I knew that only my presence saved my infant car from a host of dings, scratches ,and what-all damages as she looked to be a person for whom neat entry and exit from automobiles had become very difficult due to her infirmities and my car needed better protection from such things

I think all is well with the kit but that the owner is either too old or too stupid, or both, because I'm confused by all of this clip business. I'm surprised to find that the wheel well linings make access to the inner side of the fender welts partially not possible while the instructs stress the need for cleanliness to make for permanent installation of small pieces of plasticky tape for the protection of the car's paint and steel. It's all becoming awkward to me - worse the more I imagine upcoming difficulties and/or failures.

So how is the easy way to install these things short of visiting a dealer to ask that they install something not purchased from them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:22 PM

Car: 2017 Outback Limited 2.5i
I just installed mine the other day and had no issues. It was super easy.

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:00 PM

Car: 2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Wilderness Green
Firs off, dry fit the molding first and mark all the hole with marker then then put the plastic tape where the mark you just did ( clean it first like the instruction said and after putting all the tape start putting all the clip came with the package. Also you need to secure the end of the arch with a screw. For the rear it will be at the rear and for the front is the front :-)

[/Retired
[/2019 Outback 3.6R Touring]
[/2015 Toyota Tacoma Pre Runner Limited]
[/2012 Outback 3.6R Limited]
[/2005 Honda CRV EX AWD]
[/2003 Mercedes Benz C320 Sport]

"Life is too short, Lets enjoy it"
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:11 PM

Garage
I do want the JDM fender flare moldings but the best price anywhere seems to be an utterly rediculous $550 at SMY Performance.

2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited Crystal White Pearl w/ Slate Black leather interior, 5% tints all around, yellow Lamin-X fog light film, Diode Dynamics Cool White ledís throughout cabin. JDM storage tray.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:32 PM

Car: 2019 3.6R & 04 FXT
We have the E201SAL000 moldings and really like them.
LightninST likes this.

Admin @ SubaruForester.Org
His...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her...19 OB Limited 3.6R
Spare...98 Forester S
Daughter...07 OB
Dad...19 OB Limited 2.5
Sister...98 OB
Brother...19 Crosstreck Limited
Brother...17 WRX & 18 Impreza
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 11:24 AM

Garage
Ours we put on in about an hour and we didn't rush. I had dry-fitted and went through every part the afternoon before.

2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R - Crystal White - Threw the Accessories book at it...
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 04:29 PM

Car: 2019 3.6 Touring
Hill, I got the same package. (perhaps from the same people..) Our '19 is not here yet, but these look pretty straightforward. I assume you have seen the Youtube videos with the 3M tape, ya? Perhaps Subaru found the tape to be a bit kludgy... I expect to take advantage - of where on some videos, the guys hold these in place temporarily with blue masking tape to mark the clip locations like 19 said how he did his. On the white OB we are anticipating, I expect these will dress it well. Good luck.

Jimmy
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Car: '17 3.6 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiC70 View Post
I do want the JDM fender flare moldings but the best price anywhere seems to be an utterly rediculous $550 at SMY Performance.
Mine were like half that?
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucey View Post
Mine were like half that?
Please let me know where Iím ready to buy however, $550 shipped is best price I can find anywhere for the JDM version. Pn# E2017AL000

2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited Crystal White Pearl w/ Slate Black leather interior, 5% tints all around, yellow Lamin-X fog light film, Diode Dynamics Cool White ledís throughout cabin. JDM storage tray.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Car: '17 3.6 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiC70 View Post
Please let me know where I’m ready to buy however, $550 shipped is best price I can find anywhere for the JDM version. Pn# E2017AL000
I got it from the UK vendor but it was the JDM version.

I tried searching for the part and my own video came up.

It might be worth reaching out to the UK Vendor.

I love mine.

There are some knock offs that people have mentioned.

Are you set on OEM?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: