Reluctantly purchasing ‘19 vs ‘20...Questions - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 04:15 PM

Car: 2019 2.5i Limited
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
When I trade cars, I usually take the trade to Carmax and get the price they will buy it for prior to going to the Subaru dealer. In my area Carmax will usually beat the local Subaru dealer price for my trade.

Right or wrong, I traded for a 2019 because the the deal on 2019's is very good and I have concerns about the 2020 Outback. I do not want a 1st year car, direct injection, or start stop. These issues don't bother some folks but they are issues I would prefer to avoid for as long as possible. I know my next car will no doubt have direct inject and start stop but I would like to avoid these two things (and turbo charging) for as long as possible.

walker likes this.

2019 2.5i Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:39 PM

Car: 2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R
the carmax idea is a good one.

for the OP - might check this thread, you may not be aware of it.... a very lengthy MSRP/Invoice thread with people posting deals they got or have found.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...hread-654.html

post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:35 AM

Car: 2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
I think what you should do is compare the the things that you need between the 19 and the 20, then compare the features that you want.

95% of the features that you're going to want are still going to be on the 19, and you have the peace of mind that you still have physical buttons to control things like your climate control.
post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28dug View Post
+1, not sure why so much paranoia over stop/start. Heck, golf carts have had similar tech for 50 years. My son worked his way through high school and college at a golf course. Never once had a failed starter.

Simply makes no sense.
LOL, yes, driving a golf cart is exactly the same as getting stuck in busy traffic from a series of stop lights.

LOL LOL

Beary
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary View Post
LOL, yes, driving a golf cart is exactly the same as getting stuck in busy traffic from a series of stop lights.

LOL LOL

Beary
Actually pretty close. For most any round of golf with two amateur/mediocre golfers in the cart, the cart is probably stopping and restarting a couple hundred times.

The last two vehicles I rented with S/S never even activated that function in busy traffic.

Way too many chicken little's running around here with regard to S/S. It's clear many have never even driven a vehicle with the S/S feature. Just repeating something they read somewhere on the internet.

"Another Brick In The Wall", PF 1979
"Happiness Is A Warm Gun", Beatles 1968
"The Rubber Banned Man",Spinners 1976
2011 SS Camaro
1984 Corvette
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 01:08 PM

Car: 2015 Outback 3.6R Package 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28dug View Post
Actually pretty close. For most any round of golf with two amateur/mediocre golfers in the cart, the cart is probably stopping and restarting a couple hundred times.

...and that's just on the front 9.
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 01:20 PM

Car: 2015 Outback 3.6R Package 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat2109 View Post
You are going to take a pretty hard hit trading in a 2015 that doesn't have eyesight. Look for 14-16k, some dealers like to use the trade in value as a slider when combined with the new car price. That 2019 quote is very good for my area if you are not part of a special program or partnership.

You can get $14K to $16K as a trade for a 2015 Premium trim without Eyesight? That seems high.
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 01:55 PM

Car: 2019 2.5i Limited
I want to bring up the Carmax reference again. I have no affiliation in any way with Carmax but I have sold several cars to Carmax over the past years. My experience has been a car in your 2015 OB price point will sell by Carmax for about $5K more than they pay the owner for it. Based on what I see on Carmax, I think they will pay you $14 to $16k for you car if it is clean and in good condition.

Trading can sometimes be confusing when attempting to figure out what you "really" paid for your new car. I like dealers who tell me "here is how much money we will give you for your car and we want this much money for our car". But you can't always find a dealer who makes the deal very clear.

2019 2.5i Limited
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
...and that's just on the front 9.

I play in 2 senior leagues.....you must play with some of the same folks I play with

2011 SS Camaro
1984 Corvette
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budha View Post
I want to bring up the Carmax reference again. I have no affiliation in any way with Carmax but I have sold several cars to Carmax over the past years. My experience has been a car in your 2015 OB price point will sell by Carmax for about $5K more than they pay the owner for it. Based on what I see on Carmax, I think they will pay you $14 to $16k for you car if it is clean and in good condition.

Trading can sometimes be confusing when attempting to figure out what you "really" paid for your new car. I like dealers who tell me "here is how much money we will give you for your car and we want this much money for our car". But you can't always find a dealer who makes the deal very clear.
My son works for CarMax. Mark up on your run of the mill Subaru will be nowhere near $5k. They strive to make $2200 per vehicle.

Their appraisers are pretty good at determining your vehicle's conditions prior to making you an offer.

2011 SS Camaro
1984 Corvette

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: