1Likes
  • 1 Post By Isawelvis

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Forum Members Stealth Hitches Special

Happy New Year 2019!!!

As a forum sponsor we are offering a special sale for forum members only. As a forum member we'd like to offer you a 20% discount on all hitch packages until January 31,2019. Please use code FORUM19 to receive your discount!

Happy New Year and happy hitch shopping!

https://stealthhitches.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 07:58 PM

Car: 2008 3.0R LL Bean in Deep Bronze Met.
Garage
This is a very nice looking design for a hitch, but even with the 20% off (very generous offer to the forum by the way, thank you very much), it's still well over $500 to be able to use as a tow hitch and/or rack carrier....

Sadly, IMHO, the cosmetic advantage of having the hitch unseen when not is use isn't worth the extra $300 over the standard mostly-hidden OEM style hitch.

The hitch on my MX5 is also completely hidden when not in use, but the premium for that design wasn't so high.

Best of luck, it is a good looking hitch.

2016 3.6R in Lapis Blue over beige leather. Rear Bumper Cover, JDM wheel well trim, 235/60/18 Geolandar G015's, Rage Powersports Safari Basket, Full size roof mounted spare, Auto dimming side mirrors, Rear Bumper Underguard, Remote Start, Seat Back Protectors, Draw-Tite Max hitch....
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Thank you for your feedback! We welcome all comments, that is how we improve and grow. Stealth Hitches offers a premium product, however , there is more to our hitch than complete invisibility.
The Stealth Hitch stainless steel latch block eliminates any possibility of corrosion, unlike other permanent receivers with painted surfaces. Our stainless steel latch block allows us to offer a life time warranty on all of our hitches.
Stealth Hitches have a zero play connection that eliminates the hammering effect at starts and stops. This provides an efficient and more pleasurable towing experience.
Stealth Hitches offers various sizes of square tube receivers and ball mounts. All square tube receivers and ball mounts are interchangeable in seconds without the need of tools, unlike the OEM that comes with a permanent 1 1/4" square tube receiver.
Hope this gives you a little more information about Stealth Hitches. Again, thank you for your feedback. We at Stealth appreciate all comments! Feel free to call us with any questions at 1-833 MYHITCH (694-4824)
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 06:03 PM

Car: 2008 3.0R LL Bean in Deep Bronze Met.
Garage
I appreciate the prompt feedback, and the more thorough description of your products.

Here's a question more specific to my needs. If I purchase the 2" 'rack mount' package from Stealth Hitch, can a standard 2" ball mount safely be used in the 2" rack mount adapter - i.e., is the Stealth Hitch rack mount receiver piece rated for towing use?

I very rarely tow, and when I do, it's a small utility trailer. However, I can see using the rack mount option often for my hitch mount Saris Thelma 3 bike rack, and if a standard ball mount can also be used in the StealthHitch rack mount adapter I'd definitely consider this an option....with your generous forum discount on the base package, it would be much more competitive cost wise.

Thank you again for your prompt response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthHitches View Post
Thank you for your feedback! We welcome all comments, that is how we improve and grow. Stealth Hitches offers a premium product, however , there is more to our hitch than complete invisibility.
The Stealth Hitch stainless steel latch block eliminates any possibility of corrosion, unlike other permanent receivers with painted surfaces. Our stainless steel latch block allows us to offer a life time warranty on all of our hitches.
Stealth Hitches have a zero play connection that eliminates the hammering effect at starts and stops. This provides an efficient and more pleasurable towing experience.
Stealth Hitches offers various sizes of square tube receivers and ball mounts. All square tube receivers and ball mounts are interchangeable in seconds without the need of tools, unlike the OEM that comes with a permanent 1 1/4" square tube receiver.
Hope this gives you a little more information about Stealth Hitches. Again, thank you for your feedback. We at Stealth appreciate all comments! Feel free to call us with any questions at 1-833 MYHITCH (694-4824)

2016 3.6R in Lapis Blue over beige leather. Rear Bumper Cover, JDM wheel well trim, 235/60/18 Geolandar G015's, Rage Powersports Safari Basket, Full size roof mounted spare, Auto dimming side mirrors, Rear Bumper Underguard, Remote Start, Seat Back Protectors, Draw-Tite Max hitch....
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

We purposefully designed our ball mounts for a direct connection so we comply with European and U.S. testing. Our rack receiver is not for towing because we do not test our system for the hammering effect you get with a square tube connection during towing.
We offer a combo package that allows for rack and tow (interchangeable in seconds without tools). It also includes wiring harness, safety chain anchors, ball mount and rack receiver.
We welcome you to call Steve at 833-MYHITCH (694-4834) with any questions you may have
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 08:44 PM

Do you sell Hitch's for 09 OB XT?

Live & Let Live
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Thank you for your inquiry! Sorry, but we do not currently have a hitch for an 09 OB XT available. It is on our list for development. However, if you are in the Atlanta area and would like to come in we can develop and install for your vehicle. Please call Steve at 833- MYHITCH (694-4824) if you are interested.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 08:11 PM

Car: 2016 OB Premium
I installed the stealth hitch on my 2016 Outback and its the best . A quality product, I like the fact that it does not rattle like most hitches and has a lock system. All material is heavy duty and will last a long time. Also, it required no drilling to install. It took about 4 hours, since you have to remove the bumper like on the Subaru OEM hitch. Like the 2 inch receiver and its totally hidden look. I have pictures if anyone is interest and use it to tow a trailer and as a bike rack. Quality product.
StealthHitches likes this.

2016 Outback
ABB-SBGG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: