2020 Outback - What WE Want from it! - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 224Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.
post #1 of 306 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2020 Outback - What WE Want from it!

What do people want in 2020 Outback in terms of technology, features, and interior design? IMO, Subaru features are barely keeping up with other vehicles,

I for one would see Subaru really improve the NVH qualities and interior of the next Outback. I am using my daughter's 2017 Audi Q7 as an aspirational goal. I know, hard to do at Subaru's price point.

Thank you
Russell Casey, 2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory with Eyesight. Build date: 7/19/16. Purchased 8/5/16 in USA. Currently about 21,000 miles.
Added LED backup, cargo, door courtesy lights and Lamin-X yellow film on LED fog lights. Nushield Dayvue antiglare screen, Soundproofed front/rear doors, floorboard, cargo floor, tailgate, cowl area & all wheel wells. 7/70 zero gold warranty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 306 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 10:26 AM

Garage
2020 Outback

What features are you missing? There aren’t many affordable high riding wagons on the market.

Toyota doesn’t even have CarPlay...
Toyota, Honda, Etc awd is crap in comparison...
And more.

Audi is a different market segment... you want Audi plushness... Benz and Volvo have a lot of options for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2nd Subaru
#SubaruAmbassador
post #3 of 306 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel View Post
What features are you missing? There aren’t many affordable high riding wagons on the market.

Toyota doesn’t even have CarPlay...
Toyota, Honda, Etc awd is crap in comparison...
And more.

Audi is a different market segment... you want Audi plushness... Benz and Volvo have a lot of options for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
front view camera, parking assistance, rain sensing wipers, ventilated seats, better NVH control and much better interior lighting. Infotainment systems that work, Better interior storage. I stated Audi interiors as aspirational, as in to strive for.

Yes, several Volvo models are on my radar. Not Mercedes. The new Buick regal Tour x is a bit plusher, but not being considered for several reasons.

Thank you
Russell Casey, 2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory with Eyesight. Build date: 7/19/16. Purchased 8/5/16 in USA. Currently about 21,000 miles.
Added LED backup, cargo, door courtesy lights and Lamin-X yellow film on LED fog lights. Nushield Dayvue antiglare screen, Soundproofed front/rear doors, floorboard, cargo floor, tailgate, cowl area & all wheel wells. 7/70 zero gold warranty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 306 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 11:21 AM

Car: '18 2.5i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellpat View Post
front view camera, parking assistance, rain sensing wipers, ventilated seats, better NVH control and much better interior lighting. Infotainment systems that work, Better interior storage. I stated Audi interiors as aspirational, as in to strive for.
And the models that contain all of that for roughly the same price are?
jakemccoy and Sparkland like this.

post #5 of 306 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:

Yes, several Volvo models are on my radar. Not Mercedes. The new Buick regal Tour x is a bit plusher, but not being considered for several reasons.
That wish list puts the OB in a whole new price point. Probably where one starts considering Infiniti, Lexus, Audi, etc.
jakemccoy likes this.

"Another Brick In The Wall", PF 1979
"Happiness Is A Warm Gun", Beatles 1968
"The Rubber Banned Man",Spinners 1976
2011 SS Camaro
1984 Corvette
post #6 of 306 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28dug View Post
That wish list puts the OB in a whole new price point. Probably where one starts considering Infiniti, Lexus, Audi, etc.
Perhaps, but most of these items are on the 2019 Ascent. I am sure some will be offered on the 2020 OB.
r3ds4nd and Sparkland like this.

Thank you

post #7 of 306 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 12:38 PM

I guess next gen Outback will be like miniature version of 2019 Ascent.
post #8 of 306 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
[snark warning]

Yup pretty much everything mentioned thusfar are things I would NOT want on a car.

I don't want rain sensing wipers, touchscreen things, extra cameras, etc etc etc. All that means to me is more expensive repairs down the road or getting rid of a vehicle due to many issues.

I want a car, not a smartphone on wheels. And yes, I still have a flip phone by choice in my mid thirties.

I am the antithesis of the modern autobuyer, I know. I want a simple, utilitarian vehicle that I don't hate driving.

What do I want? An actual AWD station wagon again, not a CUV/SUV. A wagon.

Have you considered the Google search bar at the top of the forum?

Ours:
2002 Outback wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean no more: "Mal" 135,000 and counting.
Cloth interior swap. HIR1 high beam upgrade. Yellow Lamin-X fog light film.
2006 Outback 2.5i wagon: "Professor Sprout" 97,000 and counting.
HIR1 high beam upgrade.

Family fleet:
2006 Outback XT Limited.
109,000 and bone stock.

Previous:
"Solstice" 1996 Outback wagon, totaled at 115K.
"Kaylee" 2003 Outback wagon, sold at 167K.
post #9 of 306 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 12:49 PM
ghp

Car: 2010/2016 outback
Quote:

You get most of that on the new Ascent so I assume the next OB will get them
Sparkland likes this.
post #10 of 306 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDFTW View Post
[snark warning]

Yup pretty much everything mentioned thusfar are things I would NOT want on a car.

I don't want rain sensing wipers, touchscreen things, extra cameras, etc etc etc. All that means to me is more expensive repairs down the road or getting rid of a vehicle due to many issues.

I want a car, not a smartphone on wheels. And yes, I still have a flip phone by choice in my mid thirties.

I am the antithesis of the modern autobuyer, I know. I want a simple, utilitarian vehicle that I don't hate driving.

What do I want? An actual AWD station wagon again, not a CUV/SUV. A wagon.
Your not alone.....I want simple and reliable. My 17 3.6R while nice simply had too much crap and we got the most basic Limited we could get. Whats also funny (not) is the cargo area is SMALLER and less usefull than the 1st Gen Outback!

I'd buy a new 1st Gen Outback today if I could! Sophisticatedly simple and effective AWD, comfortable, extremely versatile and repairable if something breaks. My 98 limited has all the creature comforts I need and has no squeaks or rattles, and everything works despite having a dubious past history.

My new motto is "Less is More".

bheinen74, skipw and jakemccoy like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: