2020 OB have a CD player? - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2020 OB have a CD player?

Does the 2020 OB have a CD player? I know, old technology. I only use it on road trips to listen to books on CD. Might even be a deal breaker for me.

Thank you
Russell Casey, 2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory with Eyesight. Build date: 7/19/16. Purchased 8/5/16 in USA. Currently about 21,000 miles.
Added LED backup, cargo, door courtesy lights and Lamin-X yellow film on LED fog lights. Nushield Dayvue antiglare screen, Soundproofed front/rear doors, floorboard, cargo floor, tailgate, cowl area & all wheel wells. 7/70 zero gold warranty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 10:07 AM

Car: 2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2016 Outback 2.5i Limited with EyeSight (Spouse's Vehicle) 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited (daughter's ride)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellpat View Post
Does the 2020 OB have a CD player? I know, old technology. I only use it on road trips to listen to books on CD. Might even be a deal breaker for me.
Check the specs on the Legacy since it has the same glass head unit.

russellpat likes this.

----
Retired from the telecom industry and now doing professional woodworking and CNC along with enjoying cooking, photography and reading
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 10:47 AM

Car: 2006 Mazda MPV ES, 3.0 liter V6
It is one of the things I like about the 2019 model with so many manufacturers moving away from CD players. Small but nice perk we got ordering the 19 Limited 3.6R.....besides no direct injection or turbo neither of which I wanted to deal with long term.
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 12:45 PM

Car: 2019 2.5i Limited Forester (4th Subie)
Quote:
Based upon what I can see in the pictures, and what I'm looking at on the Legacy into duction book, that would be a 'no'. I don't see a slot for a CD.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Abrams View Post
Based upon what I can see in the pictures, and what I'm looking at on the Legacy into duction book, that would be a 'no'. I don't see a slot for a CD.
Outback press release only mentioned AM/FM, not AM/FM/CD so I have to agree. Not happy. Other ways to get audio books are much more expensive or cumbersome.

Thank you
Russell Casey, 2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory with Eyesight. Build date: 7/19/16. Purchased 8/5/16 in USA. Currently about 21,000 miles.
Added LED backup, cargo, door courtesy lights and Lamin-X yellow film on LED fog lights. Nushield Dayvue antiglare screen, Soundproofed front/rear doors, floorboard, cargo floor, tailgate, cowl area & all wheel wells. 7/70 zero gold warranty

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 04:28 PM

Car: 2019 2.5i Limited Forester (4th Subie)
Quote:
Outback press release only mentioned AM/FM, not AM/FM/CD so I have to agree. Not happy. Other ways to get audio books are much more expensive or cumbersome.
Borrow audio book from library, rip it to a file on your computer, store on a USB stick.
cwescapexlt4x4 and HeyChris like this.

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 05:20 PM

Car: 2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2016 Outback 2.5i Limited with EyeSight (Spouse's Vehicle) 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited (daughter's ride)
Garage
My lovely partner in crime does audio books and pod casts via her iPhone since that works both in her Outback and on the train.

----
Retired from the telecom industry and now doing professional woodworking and CNC along with enjoying cooking, photography and reading
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Abrams View Post
Borrow audio book from library, rip it to a file on your computer, store on a USB stick.
Takes plenty of time. Drive to Library, get 12 CD audio book, rip to a file or files and save to USB. Must be something simpler.
I just heard today of an App called Libby. I think it allows you to download audiobooks and ebooks from your local library to your device, Kindle, iPhone or what then connect to the car or play directly from the device.
dovidan likes this.

Thank you

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:58 PM

Car: 2018 Limited
It may be too obvious but there are portable CD players with BT output. Has USB charger too so you can power it and playback your CD output via BT to the car stereo.....
russellpat likes this.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
I just heard today of an App called Libby. I think it allows you to download audiobooks and ebooks from your local library to your device, Kindle, iPhone or what then connect to the car or play directly from the device.
This is a common way to utilize audio books and other electronic content from public libraries these days. Also, I've noted that many of the books I borrow via my Kindle Unlimited subscription include audio format, although I don't personally use that feature.

russellpat likes this.

----

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: