Dealing with Grand Subaru in Chicago - Page 10 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #91 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 05:47 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiC70 View Post
So took your guys advice on the forum and reached out to these guys at Grand Subaru. At first everywent smooth, got fair price, I didnít even haggle as I had been shopping them locally for a while and price was fair plus has car I wanted in stock. So Iím sitting here on a deal and keep asking for paperwork to be overnighted so I can sign and return and not happening so Iím getting a really, really bad feeling. I read all the stories of they are great. However, Iím in Miami already put deposit on car, added to insurance, and am preapproved by Subaru Finance. I was supposed fly up next week pick up car drive back but NO fucking way Iím flying up without a signed contract.

It appears to me they are hoping to get me there with no signed contract and start playing the finance game and add crap to deal which I have already said a dozen times I donít want or need. Iím inclined to just kill the deal on Monday call my CC and dispute charges. Any suggestions?
Iíll let you know if Iím wrong but I have a funny feeling Iím not wrong and they will not send those documents over. Fuckng dealers!

P.s. I am dealing with Sandy and Ryan the GM
The only "games" they tried with me was upsell of extended warranties, maintenance packages, and fabric/paint protection. The usual stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 06:33 PM

Garage
I hear ya but I have a LOT of red flags up right now. They keep claiming I need to “sit” with them and have no “drive through” but I have bought many cars sign unseen and always had dealers documents with deal overnighted, signed and returned. In this case I have the price of car negotiated, the finance in place, the deposit down, and yet Grand Subaru is seeming playing games already by tying to get me to fly up so they can work me over.

Update: I canceled deal. These guys are super shady, lowballs price but will not put it on paper and expect you to fly in and sit in front of them to sign while they play add a feature. Also, ran my credit without my authorization ( I was preapproved by Subaru Motors) then wanted to not honor the 1.9% / 60 month promotion. Short story I smelled a rat from beginning and got deal elsewhere.

post #93 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 10:50 PM

I recently purchased from Grand Subaru and had them ship my vehicle and pick up my old vehicle for a trade in. After dealing with them for the past month, there is no way in the world that I would ever consider purchasing from them again. There were 3 main reasons, but several others beyond that.

1. Before the sale was made, I was told that it would take around 2-3 days to ship the vehicle. It actually took 20 days from the day they received payment! I have no idea how much longer it would have taken if I didn't follow up a half dozen times to ask about when it was going to ship. I would never have purchased the vehicle from them if they told me it was going to take 3 weeks to ship the vehicle.

2. Before the sale was made, I was told it would be delivered to my home address. Several times after the sale was made, I was told that I would have to drive 4-5 hours round trip to meet the driver. Finally they did figure out how to deliver it to my door. The fact they they even tried to to tell me otherwise really bothered me as that was never what we agreed upon.

3. Before the sale was made, I was told that the trade would be picked up at the same time as when the new car was delivered. After the sale was made, they tried to tell me that the trade wouldn’t be picked up until several days after the new car was delivered. They eventually promised that it would be picked up at the same time. However when the shipper called me, they said they would have to come back the next day.

Oh and bonus #4 - I copied the GM on several e-mails about these issues. I also tried to get him on the phone a couple times. He was never available and never replied to my emails or called me back. Even after I told the manager I was speaking with about the lack of communication from the GM, I still never heard from him.
post #94 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:10 PM

Garage
As I warned previous they are Shady as F

2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited Crystal White Pearl w/ Slate Black leather interior, 5% tints all around, yellow Lamin-X fog light film, Diode Dynamics Cool White ledís throughout cabin. JDM storage tray.
post #95 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 08:14 AM

I bought an outback from them on New years eve. They picked me up at the airport, went over the car with me, and I signed the papers and drove home. I did the financing and put a deposit on it beforehand. The price we agreed to in dealing on email was the price I paid. I even got the special financing, the 1.9%. Purchase price was 20% off sticker. They did not try to bait and switch me or do anything even remotely shady.
post #96 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:16 AM

Car: 2019 Outback Limited 3.6r
I just picked up my car from Grand.

I worked with Nicole and she was great from beginning to end. Stayed in touch with emails, calls and texts. The quote, which was 21.6% off MSRP, never changed. Once I arrived at the really nice dealership, with snacks and gourmet coffees and friendly folk, I was treated with respect and decency from beginning to end.

The papers were ready to sign, I was showed all the tech stuff, and off I went with a request, 'Text me when you get home safe.'

Great experience from the get-go. No one can beat that price.

We buy cars every 3 or so years and seek out aggressive deals and are willing to travel for the right price. This was an A+ experience and I highly recommend dealing with them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: