Dealing with Grand Subaru in Chicago - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #11 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited w/EyeSight
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
To be clear, I had no expectation, and I am certainly not complaining about a one hour wait time for a response! My original question was only out of curiosity of what others experienced. I am very pleased with my experience with Grand.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited w/EyeSight
2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
Model Code: FDF
Option Code: 23 (Moonroof Package + Keyless Access & Start + Navigation + Eye Sight)
CVT (Automatic Transmission)
Factory Installed Options
Body Side Molding
Rear Bumper Cover
Exterior Auto-Dimming Mirror with Approach Light & Blind Spot Detection
Remote Engine Starter – Smart Engine Start
Splash Guards
Trailer Hitch
Alloy Wheel Locks
All-Weather Floor Mats
Rear Seat Back Protector
Valve Stem Caps – Subaru Star Cluster

MSRP $35,883
Invoice $32,891

Selling Price $31,603
Only Additional OUT OF STATE Fees:
$166.27 Documentary Fee
$50 30-Day Out of State Drive Away
Sales Tax (Depending on State you live in)

post #13 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 08:42 AM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrahan View Post
2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
Model Code: FDF
Option Code: 23 (Moonroof Package + Keyless Access & Start + Navigation + Eye Sight)
CVT (Automatic Transmission)
Factory Installed Options
Body Side Molding
Rear Bumper Cover
Exterior Auto-Dimming Mirror with Approach Light & Blind Spot Detection
Remote Engine Starter – Smart Engine Start
Splash Guards
Trailer Hitch
Alloy Wheel Locks
All-Weather Floor Mats
Rear Seat Back Protector
Valve Stem Caps – Subaru Star Cluster

MSRP $35,883
Invoice $32,891

Selling Price $31,603
Only Additional OUT OF STATE Fees:
$166.27 Documentary Fee
$50 30-Day Out of State Drive Away
Sales Tax (Depending on State you live in)
That is a good price. Congrats! When is your estimated delivery date? I had to wait at Grand too for about 30 minutes, plus I had an appointment. It was an annoying wait, but worth it at the end. No nonsense and best prices right at the start.
post #14 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 11:02 AM

Car: 2014 Outback 2.5 Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammcinnis View Post
I think your expectation was unrealistic. You were asking for an exact, binding price quote on a custom configuration. A 1-hour response is excellent service. I personally would not expect better than next-day response to a request like that.
Agreed 100%. I was pretty surprised when I found out she'd waited less than an hour before making the original post.
post #15 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 05:50 PM

I am glad to hear positive things about Grand. I placed an order on 11/13/14 for an outback 2.5i premium with eyesight. The best price around by over a thousand dollars. Most other dealers don't even believe the pricing.

Anyone have any surprises when they completed the transaction? My only issue is the time it is taking to get it, I still dont have a VIN nor an estimated arrival date.

Other dealers seem to have some outbacks in stock that I am interested in, but none are coming within $1500 of Grand Subaru's deal. How do they do it? Anyone have issues with delivery times.
post #16 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 06:08 PM
tnp

Car: 2015 Outback Premium 2.5 wilderness green EyeSight
Grand was my best price quote too. If I was able to fly there to get the car I would have done it, but I can't leave here. Shipping was going to be $1200, which would have eaten my savings, so I went with the second best deal with shipping at half the price, and still came out ahead compared to all the in-state dealers.
post #17 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 06:31 PM

Car: 2015 2.5l Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongordo8 View Post
I am glad to hear positive things about Grand. I placed an order on 11/13/14 for an outback 2.5i premium with eyesight. The best price around by over a thousand dollars. Most other dealers don't even believe the pricing.

Anyone have any surprises when they completed the transaction? My only issue is the time it is taking to get it, I still dont have a VIN nor an estimated arrival date.

Other dealers seem to have some outbacks in stock that I am interested in, but none are coming within $1500 of Grand Subaru's deal. How do they do it? Anyone have issues with delivery times.
I ordered mine at Grand on 9/11/14 and picked it up on 12/13/14. I received the vin# after 9 weeks and with the est. arrival date on 12/2/14. At the end, Grand received the car on 12/8/14.
post #18 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonyogloo View Post
I ordered mine at Grand on 9/11/14 and picked it up on 12/13/14. I received the vin# after 9 weeks and with the est. arrival date on 12/2/14. At the end, Grand received the car on 12/8/14.
Are you happy you waited and bought through grand? What did they tell you in Sept about wait time?
post #19 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 06:46 PM

Car: 2015 2.5l Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongordo8 View Post
Are you happy you waited and bought through grand? What did they tell you in Sept about wait time?
I have the car for four days and I am liking it so far. I ordered a 2.5i Premium with hitch and auto-dimming mirrors as the only options. I tend to keep my cars til for a long time so I omitted all the fancy options. I was not in need of a car so the wait was not a problem.

I was pre-approved with my loan through the Subaru/Chase website so I only spent an hour at Grand when I went picking up my car. Overall, it was the easiest car buying experience ever (last time I bought a new car was in 2005). Everything was done through emails and phone calls.

When I placed my order, the sales person told me the wait is about 8 - 10 weeks.
post #20 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonyogloo View Post
I have the car for four days and I am liking it so far. I ordered a 2.5i Premium with hitch and auto-dimming mirrors as the only options. I tend to keep my cars til for a long time so I omitted all the fancy options. I was not in need of a car so the wait was not a problem.

I was pre-approved with my loan through the Subaru/Chase website so I only spent an hour at Grand when I went picking up my car. Overall, it was the easiest car buying experience ever (last time I bought a new car was in 2005). Everything was done through emails and phone calls.

When I placed my order, the sales person told me the wait is about 8 - 10 weeks.
Thanks for your input, you helped reconfirm Grand is the right place to buy and I just need to be patient. I am just shocked that other dealers can't come close to their prices (like within $1500)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: